• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

School > Brawl Scarborough, Ontario October 24th

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Hey Mikey....I'll be bringing my stick, LOOL
-_-

-_____________-

Whatever I'll get used to it lol

Avarice if you're not gonna share it, then no point in bringing it...what are other people gonna do break it lol, rage and throw it at the wall

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
-_-

-_____________-

Whatever I'll get used to it lol

Avarice if you're not gonna share it, then no point in bringing it...what are other people gonna do break it lol, rage and throw it at the wall
The point in bringing it would be using it. And yes I am afraid of people breaking it, it was nearly $200.

Lots of people are possessive of their $40 GC controllers, don't see why I can't be with my $170 stick.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord

Everything on the PS3 makes sense and feels right to me. I'd probably never learn an arcade stick right. I can't move my wrists as well as I can move my fingers. Nowhere near as well. (My writing sucks to a medically documented degree. *facepalm*)

Even the XBox controller's buttons are closer together, so.... I'll just learn that.

Oh, and I'll be (totally failing at) using Jin in BB friendlies. Maybe Nu. Still haven't learned the game (I don't even know anyone who owns it :urg: )

So yeah, I think I'll be coming, but just for the chance to play lots of people. My characters all still suck and it would just be stupid to think I can win anything since I haven't improved since last time... since improvements only happen in offline play, and my controller broke last time, so I wasn't playing last time.

So I'll just pay the venue fee and friendlies with people. Iliad, have to have our ditto.

Umm, but I would like to play Doubles, as there is much more hope there, in particular for the characters that I know. I might just switch to doubles entirely for this game, Brawl; the balance thing is just so ... offputting. "Deflating."

Ray, do you have time / energy for doubles? I could even pay for the better part of it, if it was you, and still split the prize. You can use your sexy not-Ganon, even. ;)

... assuming that's allowed? "$10 per person" is just dividing by two for us, right? o_O

@AvariceX: Protect yo' ****, dawg. :) Funny though to begin this sentence with "avarice." :rolleyes:

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
@PK: I am coming with an uneven amount of people, so yeah I guess we could possibly team.

I'm still not sure I'd be able to make it though <_<

Mikey7

Smash Lord
The point in bringing it would be using it. And yes I am afraid of people breaking it, it was nearly $200.

Lots of people are possessive of their $40 GC controllers, don't see why I can't be with my $170 stick.
Thats so ridiculous, do they press the buttons differently than you do? Something made with ridiculous quality meant for an arcade isn't going to break like that... the word ARCADE comes to mind aka little kids coming in and just slapping the buttons and your stick has GENUINE ARCADE PARTS

but k, be gay if you want to. but thats going to be stupid as heck having to switch out sticks and check buttons every time just for your own stick

worldjem7

Smash Ace
I have the same problem.

I've lent out my stick numerous times to public play and whenever I got it back, there was ALWAYS something wrong with it. I always had to open it up and mod it again or fix it or change something to make it work properly again.

Sorry, but the only people using my stick are those I deem trustworthy enough not to mash the crap out of it and bust the buttons.

Mine is a SE though, so it's more prone to breaking down than TE is. TE is solid as far as I know.

idea

Smash Master
no one has been able to touch my controller without making it at least slightly greasy. i don't know what's wrong with everyone's hands <_<

.decoy

Smash Ace
does anyone know *when* brawl+ 5.0 came out?
i updated my codeset like sometime at the beginning of october and i just want to make sure i have the right stuff for competition...
otherwise well have one less wii for brawl+

idea

Smash Master
^um...why can't you update it again just to be sure?

i'm mostly likely coming now. nothing has changed but it occurred to me that i have enough time for this and the other thing i was considering. that and it sounds like at least one or two other melee people are going. i just needed enough for skill-testing friendlies =P

by the way, i doubt stos is gonna bring a TV now if he's not going. that'd be too generous even for him.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I might not make it for the Brawl+ tournie. I have to wait for someone to confirm whether or not they can take my saturday work shift. I'll probably drop by around 5 or so for SF4 and all smash except Brawl (Brawl+ is fine) friendlies.

So.. I might not bring anything except my controller.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Brawl + tourney is going to be near the end. So don't worry, you'll make it. You might miss the SF IV tourney though. Events in order; Brawl doubles, BlazBlue, Brawl singles/SF IV, Brawl +.

Cruxis

Smash Lord
dunno if im going anymore

with holy, ace, and doc going to be there, im pretty **** sure im not gonna get top 3

im too tight on money and cant afford to spend like 30 bucks that day and not make any profit

.decoy

Smash Ace
^um...why can't you update it again just to be sure?
long story short i dont have a sd card reader on my mac and so i have to go to this kids house and jack his laptop to do it and yeah. i will do what i have to tho.

also as cruxis said im bringing holy so...

mad hype.

edit: hype for doc and ace too of course, much love, but yeah. holy was unexpected thats why.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Brawl + tourney is going to be near the end. So don't worry, you'll make it. You might miss the SF IV tourney though. Events in order; Brawl doubles, BlazBlue, Brawl singles/SF IV, Brawl +.
Do you have an idea on what time the whole thing is going to end? I don't want to stay too late.

idea

Smash Master
Idea, will you be brining one?
nope, sorry. i asked my mom if i could a while back, and she adamantly refused...my parents are pretty easy-going so i can only assume she has a good reason, and i haven't wanted to press it any further.

long story short i dont have a sd card reader on my mac and so i have to go to this kids house and jack his laptop to do it and yeah. i will do what i have to tho.
ah, okay. maybe pick up one of those usb ones?

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Thats so ridiculous, do they press the buttons differently than you do? Something made with ridiculous quality meant for an arcade isn't going to break like that... the word ARCADE comes to mind aka little kids coming in and just slapping the buttons and your stick has GENUINE ARCADE PARTS

but k, be gay if you want to. but thats going to be stupid as heck having to switch out sticks and check buttons every time just for your own stick
People are gonna need to do button checks every time regardless even with the same stick/controller. Using the same controller doesn't mean people can't or won't change the controls.

Also arcades have maintenance staff.

@bolded; I play Brawl lol, it comes with the territory.

5ive

Smash Champion
does anyone know *when* brawl+ 5.0 came out?
i updated my codeset like sometime at the beginning of october and i just want to make sure i have the right stuff for competition...
otherwise well have one less wii for brawl+
We'll make sure all the SD cards are up to date for the tournament, so don't worry.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Who else says B+ should be increased by a dollar, that way winner won't have to take all (screw you holy! lol)?

And Pharoah, don't be jew man, do this for the PR, don't you want to prove yourself? Come on man!

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Holy's not getting passed me in B+ (Sorry Marcus). I'm up for an increased entry fee for B+... and I haven't even played for the last like... 8 codesets.

idea

Smash Master
school is definitely good in at least some ways. everyone would be much less happy if there were no school. far fewer would be able to acquire marketable skills and this'd be much closer to a developing country.

that said, i remember almost nothing from high school. <_<

i have no input on brawl+ cost.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Holy's not getting passed me in B+ (Sorry Marcus). I'm up for an increased entry fee for B+... and I haven't even played for the last like... 8 codesets.
Money match? 2$ ROB vs Ness. I'M STILL NOT AFRAID!

Also I'm still looking for a partner in doubles, Percon?, Toronto Joe?, Ambrose?, Cruxis?...anyone lol.

JvaN_

Smash Apprentice
I have a 360 SE stick with full Sanwa, but never used it since I first got it 3 months ago lol.. it's probably under a layer of dust by now. Depending on how I feel, I may or may not bring it.

nickcam

Smash Ace
Money match? 2$ ROB vs Ness. I'M STILL NOT AFRAID!

Also I'm still looking for a partner in doubles, Percon?, Toronto Joe?, Ambrose?, Cruxis?...anyone lol.
If i go holy id team with you since mikey is teaming with dimmy. Not sure if im going yet 100%

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Just reminding everyone that items will be sold from the "snackbar" just like last time. If you weren't at the least tournament there were pop, Arizona, burgers, hot dogs, chips and chocolate bars. :)

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
CHEEZEBURGERS OMG OMGO OMG OMGOM OGMG OMGOM GOMGO OMG

I need to bring baby food for my Gabumon :*(

Top Bottom