• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

School > Brawl Scarborough, Ontario October 24th

.Marik

is a social misfit
I have no visitation plans with my biological family anymore.

This is looking good for me right now, I have the money, just need the time...

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
What time aprox. will the tourney finish? So I don't miss my bus in the night instead of annoying people with constant plea of "house me plz i r houseless for the night".
See the funny thing is, you're not guaranteed anything anymore by coming to Ontario, our :metaknight:'s have evolved to a really high level, don't kill yourself trying to come here, Marco.:laugh:

edit: you're a ****ing nerd cex =__= lol

.Marik

is a social misfit
I'll be testing out my Camo Snake, get ready for some DACUS **** mindgames!

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
See the funny thing is, you're not guaranteed anything anymore by coming to Canada, our :metaknight:'s have evolved to a really high level, don't kill yourself trying to come here, Marco.:laugh:
Because Montreal's not in Canada or anything. It's starting to look like I can probably make it to this. The Windsor SFIV guys don't seem too interested in going to Pownz on this day so I'll just go to this instead.

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
in effort to support GI i shall see if my gf wants to spend time with me on sunday. Are we gonna have crews GI? If i do end up coming, reserve 15 burgers for me, just ask mikey i'm a beast haha.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Because Montreal's not in Canada or anything. It's starting to look like I can probably make it to this. The Windsor SFIV guys don't seem too interested in going to Pownz on this day so I'll just go to this instead.
I meant Ontario, you know what I ****en meant I'm baked right now stop finding every reason to correct me or i'll 3 stock you.

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
***** has been confirmed being moved to Sunday sauga can now attend.

Gichan

Smash Champion
****! Sauga is coming. And sorry Dimmy, no crews...yes it is disheartening, but we definitely won't have the time. this tourney has to end by 9 (!!!! WTF), so Holy you can catch that bus.

Now that Dimmy is a beast and will make it out, looks like SF IV and BB can still run smoothly with Mikey's legendary help.

Idea, I'll put you on the list, don't know how I haven't. Please join B+, lol.

nickcam

Smash Ace
Can we get an attendance list please, i might show up now that everyone from sauga is goin lol

idea

Smash Master
****! Sauga is coming. And sorry Dimmy, no crews...yes it is disheartening, but we definitely won't have the time. this tourney has to end by 9 (!!!! WTF), so Holy you can catch that bus.

Now that Dimmy is a beast and will make it out, looks like SF IV and BB can still run smoothly with Mikey's legendary help.

Idea, I'll put you on the list, don't know how I haven't. Please join B+, lol.
k, thanks. i have a friend's birthday party this weekend (and the last two weekends, what the hell) and i'm still not sure who of the GTA melee people are interested.

so i'd like to go, but if i don't, that's why ^ >_<

5ive

Smash Champion
k, thanks. i have a friend's birthday party this weekend (and the last two weekends, what the hell) and i'm still not sure who of the GTA melee people are interested.

I know Stos is going. And Eugene.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
**** guys, Sunday means I won't get sleep that day for my morning classes downtown.

Fail.

But dayum, Sauga's coming? Sauga and Toronto are good buddies, I foresee there being major lulz and good energy that day. :D

Oh, and Ray, up that number I quoted you to about. . . five. ;)

Now is time for Hyyyyyyyyyyyyppppee!

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
OMG I'm watching Law & Order, the theme song is so SICK and so plain and wow Ace and I are going to **** sorry Iliad for not being able to team with you.

Rikana

Smash Champion

I'd play Melee. Comeeee. I need more Melee practice. I never practice by myself.

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
PK-OW its not on sunday, its on saturday sorry for ur misinterpretation i moved my day with the gf to sunday so i can go to the tournie now.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Something that might be worth noting:

We've all noticed the decline in our Smash scene recently, but over the summer I was considering that it might actually be due to there being too many tournaments; not everyone has the money to make it out to a tourney every weekend, so everyone just picks and chooses the ones that are convenient for them. With less frequent tourneys it could mean that more people will come out to the same tourneys since opportunities to play in tourney are more limited.

I'm just saying that if this actually gets as many people as confirmed, then this theory has merit, and we should probably consider it when examining how to 'save' our Smash scene. (This will be more than twice the size of some of our recent tourneys if everyone shows, and this is during school.)

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I just think the Smash scene is dying cause we can't play the game competitively since there are like... no Gamecube games being made... 0.0

But I honestly think Smash will die because we can't even play the game with Wiimotes, Nunchucks, Classic Controllers...

But Melee is IMHO dying out faster than Brawl for sure. Smash64... idk.

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
smash is simply dying because canadas transportation system sucks and charges too much, and because most people who play smash don't even go on smashboards, just look at fan expo. I had 60 entrants there and only 8 were from smashboards. The biggest prob is that we don't have proper advertisement to reach these casual people. Need more kids in highschool to spread the word around and ****. Also, eveyrtime we do get new players they are all discouraged because they get assraped too hard. If you look at the tournie i hosted a few months back we had about 10 new people come into the scene only to be discouraged.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
smash is simply dying because canadas transportation system sucks and charges too much, and because most people who play smash don't even go on smashboards, just look at fan expo. I had 60 entrants there and only 8 were from smashboards. The biggest prob is that we don't have proper advertisement to reach these casual people. Need more kids in highschool to spread the word around and ****.
Lol we high school students are nerds nowadays (well at my school >.>)

All I can tell you is that I got to know Smashboards thanks to a Youtube video on a Yoshi ditto in Melee...

Just for the sake of Smash I'll try and start up a club at my high school on playing Smash all DAI LONG :`3 (But like lol... no teacher will likely be my supervisor on how to play Smash competitively =P what teacher would promote video games? I'll get a teacher easy if I make something 'educational')

Also that`s kinda true too... I mean I had a bunch of people get interested into Smash in my school for awhile but than I ***** them... Things happened =.=

But sometimes when high school students go to their first toruney (mines was LBT)... I got into the brackets and passed the pools and I had Ally in my pool XD Getting him down to 100% in a 2 stock match was rewarding as hell, also I got to meet Lain, NoJ, Holy, Ambrose and more guys and everyone was very fun. So it could also be the attitude of the community towards new players?

.decoy

Smash Ace
i think canada's transportation is pretty cheap and easy to navigate..subway/go/coachcanada. i mean really, what more could there be?

people who want to travel (and can afford it) do.
id est niko.

laziness/non-interest is another possibility, however.

idea

Smash Master
Also, eveyrtime we do get new players they are all discouraged because they get assraped too hard.
i can't remember now if you were talking about melee or brawl, but this is definitely the case with melee. it's not usually fun to play a game where it'll take years to catch up. and...it would take that long. the top 4 or so in our region are way too good <_< i've been playing with them on a pretty regular basis for almost 2 years now and i still have basically no chance vs. them in tournament.

i think canada's transportation is pretty cheap and easy to navigate..subway/go/coachcanada. i mean really, what more could there be?
i guess it depends what you compare it to. generally i'm really happy with how the ttc works...it's pretty fast and $2.75 per one-way trip is pretty good. i mean, it would definitely cost more in gas to go as far in a car. and if you're driving you can't take a nap or play ds on the way there.

sauc3

Smash Lord
so it turns out my exam is November 24th, not October 24th (who knew), so I may be able to make it out to this. I just need a ride, AvariceX?

Also I'm giving up IC's (yep declaring it here and now) I keep getting ***** as them.

No idea who I'll play to fill the void.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
so it turns out my exam is November 24th, not October 24th (who knew), so I may be able to make it out to this. I just need a ride, AvariceX?

Also I'm giving up IC's (yep declaring it here and now) I keep getting ***** as them.

No idea who I'll play to fill the void.
How about Ganon? :)

My first tournament was Nana and the footstool of doom and for me it was a great experience. I knew when I went there I was going to get crushed and therefore was prepared. I lost to everyone in my pool like Mikey, SRTM, Hype but I beat Justion Wong (not the SF4 guy). I lost in first round of loser's brackets but I wasn't even expecting to make it that far. :)

.Marik

is a social misfit
Whenever I tell people about SmashBoards, they go "what is it for?"

And I go "Smash Bros."

And they go "what's that?"

I'm like... "T_T"

"Forget it".

>___>

kuenzel

Smash Ace
We've all noticed the decline in our Smash scene recently,

What?

Not really. If you mean now as opposed to summer, that's just because of school.
If attendance at tournaments were to fluctuate throughout the year, logically it would be the greatest in the summer, when people have more free time and disposable income.

Its just a "smash recession" of sorts (lol).

Top Bottom