• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

School > Brawl Scarborough, Ontario October 24th

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
What?

Not really. If you mean now as opposed to summer, that's just because of school.
If attendance at tournaments were to fluctuate throughout the year, logically it would be the greatest in the summer, when people have more free time and disposable income.

Its just a "smash recession" of sorts (lol).
Other way around man. We got an average of like 20 people at tourneys (2 Pownz tourneys, Pastaboy's tourney, Too Poor For Genesis, Sauga Outbreak, and Niko's all only had around 20) during the summer when we were getting like 50 before. When there's a tourney every weekend during the summer people just pick and choose which ones they come to. Now that there's fewer tourneys (because it's during school again) we have a tourney with over 50 people signed up. I don't think this is a coincidence.

Also Sauc3 I should be able to pick you up, it's definitely on the way, though you're pretty deep in London coming from the 401.

sauc3

Smash Lord
Also Sauc3 I should be able to pick you up, it's definitely on the way, though you're pretty deep in London coming from the 401.
I know London is so big, i would obviously spot you the extra distance plus half the gas (or however many people are with you), I do have a bus pass so i was wondering if theres a way to bus it to the out rims of london, and chill at a mcdicks or something.

I'll look into it

.Marik

is a social misfit
Man, this is sounding hype and ****. :yoshi:

Can't wait, I should be able to cash my check sometime before Saturday morning, so I'll most likely be down in Toronto.

I would like a ride back, because buses may stop running at a particular hour.

Should see you all there.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Sorry ceX but there were two tournaments tyhat broke the 20 man tourney thingy. Mikey's (Almost as Cool as Genesis) tourney in June and mine in July (Too Poor for Genesis). They were each 37.

Either way, if this attendance actually shows up, wow, this will be amazing. Now, let's hope to get people to be consistent. Niagara next month HAS to be epic. Although I don't know if I'll be able to make it.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Thanks for the correction, guys. Yup, Saturday, I'm in.

If I can get a ride in the general direction of downtown Brampton.... 'cause buses all stop running.... 'cause no one loves Brampton...

Other way around man. We got an average of like 20 people at tourneys (2 Pownz tourneys, Pastaboy's tourney, Too Poor For Genesis, Sauga Outbreak, and Niko's all only had around 20) during the summer when we were getting like 50 before. When there's a tourney every weekend during the summer people just pick and choose which ones they come to. Now that there's fewer tourneys (because it's during school again) we have a tourney with over 50 people signed up. I don't think this is a coincidence.

... aren't you replying to yourself?

Anyway, if you did the math over the right quantity - turnout per unit time - I'm sure that more people show up "more often," to some event, in the Summer. Just not the same places.
There are less events in schooltime, as you said, so it will seem like people treat them more special-er, simply because the events are singular.

But that's not the statistic relevant to T.O.ing, I guess.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Okay so here is the updates on my 4 friends:

1 is for sure coming. :)
2 are asking their parents tonight. :)
1 is not coming. :(

.Marik

is a social misfit
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah ZedF! <3

Can't wait to play you again. Ganondorf/Falcon dittos are too much fun. :yoshi:

Gichan

Smash Champion
Raynex, is it okay if we can use that tv of yours for BB and SF IV side oturney? Won't be too long, you guys can have it for melee the rest of the night. Just need to get those tournies done.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
What console are you planning on using for BlazBlue?

And in case you missed these:

If you're having other events, you should probably list them in the schedule.
I vote +1 to BlazBlue.

I might be able to come depending on where BB sits in the schedule because I have something I need to do in the evening that day and would like to be on time for it. I'd have to leave at 16:30 at the latest.
That said, I'll be coming regardless for some friendlies at least, but I will have to leave early. I would very much like to participate in BlazBlue, so I would greatly appreciate a time slot announcement for BB.

THIS IS A CONFIRMATION.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Okay, so you will be put on the attendance list. We will be using 360s.

And BB registration will be early, so don't worry.

Singles and venue collection in one line. the other line is doubles and BlazBlue registration. SF IV will be right after BlazBlue is done.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Okay, so you will be put on the attendance list. We will be using 360s.

And BB registration will be early, so don't worry.

Singles and venue collection in one line. the other line is doubles and BlazBlue registration. SF IV will be right after BlazBlue is done.
Is someone bringing a tournament edition fight stick? My friend will only come if there is only this type of fight stick.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
yo Gi-Chan, does she have Falcon Shirt in black still? if possible, I'd want 2x Falcon black shirt, 1x Snake Shirt again ;D! + 15 bucks i owe her lol
You might want this Ally:

So CUUTEEEE <3<3<3<3<3

I would also like the Meta Knight Crossing shirt from TheDUD as well ^.^

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
OMG Gi i want a black falcon shirt too if u have still save me one or i won't bring me or ace haha =)

Gichan

Smash Champion
Oh man...those falcon shirts went flying on Ebay. michelle doesn't know how many she has left. And now Ally is ttrying to monopolize the black falcons, lol. so we'll see guys. We have them in white to....but I know you guys are dying for the black.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
It's supposed to be his vest ^.^ But he's so cute in it XD

My fetish for plush is good =P

Gichan

Smash Champion
I ****ing looooovvee plushies. I bought soooo many plushies for michelle, cause i know they'll be mine as well whenever we move in together, muuahahahahahaha!

I love Nintendo ones mostly, but I don't mind other cute ones, just not any anime ones, unless it is Totoro or those black balls from Spirited Away.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I'm coming for Blazblue and SF4. I hope you guys don't mind if I show up with a melee setup for friendlies. Is that alright?
Yay, friendlies with my Falcon please? I'm gonna get *****, but I've improved a lot in such a short time; gotta show you that there's going to be a new Melee contender in the near future :)

Also - obligatory Abel dittos.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Yay, friendlies with my Falcon please? I'm gonna get *****, but I've improved a lot in such a short time; gotta show you that there's going to be a new Melee contender in the near future :)

Also - obligatory Abel dittos.
Are you bringing a stick?

IS ANYONE bringing a stick?

5ive? pg?

Top Bottom