• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Scar talks Lean Melee [2012YotF]

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
so

scar liked my video

doesnt mean niqqers werent gonna hate on it

freakin faqs

anyways

im trying to win money from the mcdonalds monopoly game

im about to win like 2 grand

also short hopping w/ control stick is mad hard to get used to

props

i think fox's do that to double laser

but i was doin it today just by using x

tubes

Smash Ace
ew son

you swear its impossible or something

what are you gonna do up-b out of shield

it wouldnt even do anything because the sweetspot is on top

and your hitting the front of their shield

its not even anything special

yo your mad dumb

theres nothing dk can do except hold his shield up or roll

which will get him grabbed
Shield pressuring is about mixups and figuring out how your opponent reacts to your pressuring. There is no one thing that always works.

Maybe against DK this is not the case though. Lol bad characters.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
SH Oo Shine into double lasers is the easiest way to get htat **** frame perfect

otherwise i think it's easier to just do it with why

`DNS`

Smash Lord
so

scar liked my video

doesnt mean niqqers werent gonna hate on it

freakin faqs

anyways

im trying to win money from the mcdonalds monopoly game

im about to win like 2 grand

also short hopping w/ control stick is mad hard to get used to

props

i think fox's do that to double laser

but i was doin it today just by using x
i SHDL by sliding my thumb from Y to B and then pushing B again

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Any tips against a good ganondorf. I know it sounds good, but one of my friends just spams down b attacks. The thing is he'll just sit there until he finds an opportunity to use that god**** overpowered overpriotrzed kick ,,, (lol) Also he uses the fair of ganondorf and shffls him pretty good 2.

LoganW

Smash Journeyman
Any tips against a good ganondorf. I know it sounds good, but one of my friends just spams down b attacks. The thing is he'll just sit there until he finds an opportunity to use that god**** overpowered overpriotrzed kick ,,, (lol) Also he uses the fair of ganondorf and shffls him pretty good 2.
jump over it and punish:)

Zephyr

Smash Lord
I've only ever seen reverse falcon kick pulled off once in my life. The guy getting edgeguarded wallteched out of reflex but was so blown away by the fact that it hit that he just fell and died.

Best. Edgeguard. Ever.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
hey few pages back people were talking about whether jiggs is better than other characters or not

shes a dumb character that is statistically worse than a bunch of characters, but she has automatic kills in the forms of gimps and rests that totally may or may not happen

its really hard to rank her because of this i think, cause if she reads a roll she can get a kill, but if you dont roll she wont. if you guess right often, shes easily the best character in the game, but its hard to put that into a tier list

thats the way i've looked at it for a while

TresChikon

Smash Lord
If you predict and punish correctly a lot, wouldn't that just mean you're just a better player in general?

Also, that would throw off the tier list concept of both players being completely even.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff is easier to think clearly with than most characters because the button inputs and tech skill required to play her are lower than most other characters, which is why punishing with her is generally more effective when done properly.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Hey if Falcon get's D-smashed offstage by Samus and is facing the opposite way, would a rising Falcon Punch help his recovery like in 64 if he was high enough since he can't do Falcon kick.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Yeah you can angle it downwards or upwards like Jiggs, but I wasn't sure if it really helped like it did in 64

Ganon can do it to.

But yeah, I guess there's like super lag after the punch where you can't DI anywhere, so no good.

Thanks Milos.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Wats the reverse falcon kick, Ive never seen that ****?

You can angle the falcon punch up or down. I always angle up if Im going to try to recover. It does help a decent amount.

Also using up or down is not a bad Idea to try and get that hit off if they are just above or below.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Wats the reverse falcon kick, Ive never seen that ****?

You can angle the falcon punch up or down. I always angle up if Im going to try to recover. It does help a decent amount.

Also using up or down is not a bad Idea to try and get that hit off if they are just above or below.
I think it's pressing down b while on the ledge as suicide/sexy edgeguard, i dunno.

On big 'ol stages like DL if I ever get hit off and face the wrong direction i use it to turn around at least, so i can maybe get off a down +b

DippnDots

Feral Youth

Ganon's down b should only be hitting you during a tech chase unless you're throwing out aerial attacks way too early. And if he's getting you with shffls it's because he's out spacing you. That move is hardly over powered, I rarely use it more than once a match, if even that, because of how easily punishable it is.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
I always thought that his kick was pretty low priority, it was just fast thats all.

Dang Falcon boards are so active, i wanna main falcon just so i know what im talking about in here.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
I'm not sure on the specifics of its priority because i dont throw it out to clank with things, but the fact that he ducks back a little bit before he shoots forward is wonderful spacing mindgames. Going out of my *** though and using magus420's post on how priority works, higher damage = higher priority, and it does some nice damage.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
lol, I often stomp ganons wizard boot or whatever its called. I think you can grab, but shield and punish if you cant space a knee or stomp

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Reverse Falcon Kick is positioning yourself right next to the ledge and facing toward the stage, then Falcon Kicking as an edgeguard.

That is all.

tubes

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure Wizzard's foot beats out Falcon kick from personal experience.

I know Raptor boost beats purple boost though. No priority here, Raptor boost just gets the hitbox out first.

Ryzol_

Smash Apprentice
Greenville, SC (school) Charlotte, NC(break)
I'm pretty sure Wizzard's foot beats out Falcon kick from personal experience.

I know Raptor boost beats purple boost though. No priority here, Raptor boost just gets the hitbox out first.
I play a Ganon all the time. Falcon kick ties with Ganondorf's down B. They clank. Maybe if falcon kick is stale Ganon's down B wins, but not otherwise.

Also my friend uses the SVA on Ganon's downB to **** with my spacing. It's sort of like a ghetto spotdodge. Ganon shifts back pretty far when he goes for his kick, but more importantly he ducks down too. I bet it goes under high lasers.

Mokumo

Smash Ace
what are the best options when you up throw marth after like... 35%?

but when they DI behind you (into you). For me, this is the hardest to follow up. Sometimes i do a reverse uair, or maybe a bair, but i can't seem to get anything started. On the other hand, I think it's easiest to combo uairs when he DI's away from you. There have to be options out of pretty much anything because captain falcons matchup against marth (and pretty much the entire cast) relies on his ability to combo the hell out of you

and end it with a knee

JPOBS

Smash Hero
I'm not sure on the specifics of its priority because i dont throw it out to clank with things, but the fact that he ducks back a little bit before he shoots forward is wonderful spacing mindgames. Going out of my *** though and using magus420's post on how priority works, higher damage = higher priority, and it does some nice damage.
i've cancelled it with jabs before just sayyn

tubes

Smash Ace
what are the best options when you up throw marth after like... 35%?

but when they DI behind you (into you). For me, this is the hardest to follow up. Sometimes i do a reverse uair, or maybe a bair, but i can't seem to get anything started. On the other hand, I think it's easiest to combo uairs when he DI's away from you. There have to be options out of pretty much anything because captain falcons matchup against marth (and pretty much the entire cast) relies on his ability to combo the hell out of you

and end it with a knee
I'd go for the full jump bair uair or some variation of it. Or you could just turn around.

Top Bottom