• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SC — BANishment — 10/17/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

*CT*

Smash Lord
I would but I have an exam on Monday and no car :p

I'll probably see you at a tournament later in October, I'm trying to go to as many as I can now.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
What else was it? Idaho?

Don't say Texas, that's just HOBO. And HOBO19 will have MK Unbanned, lol.

I hope you see my point...

zCasanova

Smash Lord
It's interesting having MK banned, and I'm sure you've heard Xyro tell tales of how the masses much more enjoy his events when this rule is in place.

As far as being taken seriously as a state, I don't know if SC has ever achieved that status—kind of gives us room to experiment.

If nothing else, I'm looking forward to seeing how the results for this come back, especially since a few NC-MK-mains claim they are attending.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
We have 3 of them I think.

Sushi man, Pyrospark, and Omniostrich.

Everyone else secondaries MK lol.

Trouble is, everyone who secondaries MK can still just use their mains and do well.

theAPExp

Smash Ace
well sushi's on hiatus
pretty sure i spelled that right
props to me
_[]_
o.@;
pyro has parent johns for alot of stuff i think
dunno if he's coming to this though
and i don't know if omni's coming

everyone i know coming alts mk

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
It's interesting having MK banned, and I'm sure you've heard Xyro tell tales of how the masses much more enjoy his events when this rule is in place.

As far as being taken seriously as a state, I don't know if SC has ever achieved that status—kind of gives us room to experiment.

If nothing else, I'm looking forward to seeing how the results for this come back, especially since a few NC-MK-mains claim they are attending.
Sagat is Snake
Meta Knight is Akuma

lol jk but its going to be interesting going to a non MK tournament.

theAPExp

Smash Ace
i think it will be
helps my counterpicking out alot
let's go delfino...
*they choose mk*
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
*wins anyway*
_[]_
o.@;

*CT*

Smash Lord
You all should learn how to play random, that stuff is fun. But yeah I never liked MK, dont know how to play as him, just learning how to play against him.

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
IMO SBR rules are good to follow for tournaments. However, Brawl has so many design flaws there has problems with many stages, characters, and even gameplay strategies that SBR can't conform to one solid set of rules so they recommend tweaking it as you see fit. From what I understand the SBR believe there isn't enough "reason" for an official MK ban, but doesn't disagree with it either and tells people to run it how they see fit.

I am for the MK banned. I agree with M2K saying that MK isn't much better that the rest of the cast, but the problem is you can't counter pick any stage or character and change the scenario where it makes a good bit of difference. And I think this is an important aspect to show that you're a good "Brawl player." At best counter picks in any way puts MK at 50/50. Every character has a weakness to go for. Snake can be CT by some characters and grabbed gimp, Wario can be grab release punished, Falco has predicable recovery which can be gimp and has a weak aerial game, DDD is a huge target and can CT some characters, and so on. MK has none of these. Fast attack speed, fast recover even on his kill moves, great recovery, he can only be CT by IC and they aren't a good example to go by. His only weakness, his light weight, is now nullified by the quick aerial attack momentum cancel trick.

Enough of my rambling.

The turnout for this is looking VERY good. I am very nervous about this date now because it fall on the only Clemson home game left in this month and my GF hinted to me she wants to go to one really soon. Cross your fingers for me guys!

Here's an idea!

Perhaps we can do a SC vs NC by seeing how well SC players place. Like say 7 NC players shows up and wants to do a state vs state. We can decide which 7 players will represent SC by using the 7 SC players who place best in the singles tournament. Just a suggestion, I understand there could be time constraints.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

Heres the thing:

Ever since i have held meta banned events, my attendace rose. ABOVE ALL ELSE, i want my scene to grow but thats just a personal thing.

If your scene is NOT willing to drop meta, try the following:

Ban meta for 2 events, allow him for the 3rd, ban him for 2 more, allow him for the 3rd....ect

OR

Ban meta in 1vs1 but keep him in 2vs2(ALOT of people think wario and GW are better in teams than meta.

Just suggestions.

PS: dont worry about how YOU or your STATE looks. Never let peer pressure mess with you. if you do, you are the slave. Xyro knows all....

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Tournament attire should always consist of a t-shirt with your name printed on the front & back, that way, everyone knows who you are.

xTONEx

Smash Apprentice
Tournament attire should always consist of a t-shirt with your name printed on the front & back, that way, everyone knows who you are.
Thats a good idea. I was wanting to do that for the billfest next month.

And since i play white kirby in brawl, i was wanting to get a t-shirt with a white kirby with a nWo shirt on lol.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
I love being a ****ing host!!!!

I don't even play Brawl any more and this **** is UBER exciting!!!!

I might whip out the Number 1 Bandana!!!!

Afro Samurai anyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom