• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~~SAUGA PRESENTS: STARFURRY 5~~ May 2nd. Mississauga, ON. Melee. Results up

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffMan

Smash Apprentice
Some of SD's friends from Mac were gonna come on the 9th but they have an exam on the 25th, so it doesn't look like they can come. I might not be able to make it either on the 25th, because I'll be busy moving to Toronto either that weekend or the weekend after. Time will tell, I guess.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
If that is the for sure date now, I'm betting most of New York won't be able to come now. Reason being is I am going to be in California April 18th-25th. So if I can't go, JesiahTEG probably won't go, and that means there probably won't be enough people to split the travel costs with TML to make it worth his while, which means the two other people that would go with us would probably get shut out as well.

I hope this gets changed to something we can work with. I've been harassing Jesse a lot to get it cleared so he can travel for this.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
The only other thing I can do is move it to the 18th, but that wouldn't work anyway, and I don't think it's likely that I could do that anyway. I can't move it to the 11th, because there's another tournament in Niagara that day, and the 4th is far too soon. Moving it ahead is not an option since the venue is basically being taken over for renovations starting in May. This is pretty much the only option :ohwell:. I'm really sorry if anyone is getting screwed over by this, but it's not my decision at all. I can't argue with the venue owners.

It's really hags to hear that you guys can't come though. However, when we finally get around to hosting a really big one, make sure to come ;)

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Howabout during summer holidays? It'll be a different venue, but also very flexible, so we can talk about that later :)
Yea, I'll be out there for summer, but it's so far away, and with no real tournaments out here, it's hard to retain that competitive edge. If I had known that I'd be this into melee again, and that there would be two amazing back to back melee tournies (this and the next mass madness), I might not have booked my flight way back in January. Maybe just gone out during the middle of the week or something.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Aw man : ( this date changed into the week where I've got multiple exams, don't think I can come anymore : / Guess I'll see you guys at OIN for now

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
If Bam, Vwins, Kage, PKM and those other Quebec guys come I will come to this! ;)

WC REPRESENT! :bee:
that would be awesome :bee:
Aw man : ( this date changed into the week where I've got multiple exams, don't think I can come anymore : / Guess I'll see you guys at OIN for now
yeah, sorry about that. It wasn't my choice this time; the venue isn't letting me do it in may.

Sanu

Smash Champion
So shouldn't we poke and annoy Quebec about this now? I'm too lazy to do it so I vote Grmo.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Ok now that Quebec shows interest and I have heard more about this tournament from the host I WILL TRY AND GET PLANE TICKETS ASAP! :bee:

I would also like to know though... who I will get housing from? and who will be available to pick me up and drop me off at the airport?

Sanu

Smash Champion
Ok now that Quebec shows interest and I have heard more about this tournament from the host I WILL TRY AND GET PLANE TICKETS ASAP! :bee:

I would also like to know though... who I will get housing from? and who will be available to pick me up and drop me off at the airport?
I'll be able to house you. As for being picked up at the Airport, I most likely won't be able to help with that :laugh:.

Note to everyone: I can't have a huge after-tourney smashfest or house as many people as the last time. My Grandma from India will be staying with my parents/family for a few months and I really doubt they'll be open to having a bunch of people over while she's here. I'll still be able to house OOP/C players guaranteed, but I'll have to see what I can do for everyone else.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Hypeeee hypeeee

edit - i forgot this was sauga, which is nice and close, and good weather

ideally, we can get 3 guelphites (me included)

that'd be about 6 whole people from just KWCG area.

idea

Smash Master
oh, hey, you can confirm me for this. i wonder what i was waiting for before.

maybe i was looking for a teammate. anyone?

idea

Smash Master
okay, cool. i still like our options. fox jiggs...falco jiggs...jiggs jiggs...we could counterpick brinstar on people =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom