• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~~SAUGA PRESENTS: STARFURRY 5~~ May 2nd. Mississauga, ON. Melee. Results up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
okay im coming for sure if i dont make this community im gonna leave the community and live in total darkness. grmo i already missed like a bunch of your tourney and i cant let that **** happen again and again and again.

IM COMING CONFIRM ME!
TV + CUBE AND A POWER BAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

Sanu

Smash Champion
HOLY **** ALREADY?! I'm in, lolol <3Grmo. Why the last though?

I.B

Smash Lord
most likely coming to this.

wow, i'm loving the GTA activity. keep this **** up guys.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
okay im coming for sure if i dont make this community im gonna leave the community and live in total darkness. grmo i already missed like a bunch of your tourney and i cant let that **** happen again and again and again.

IM COMING CONFIRM ME!
TV + CUBE AND A POWER BAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!
You're going to flop again. lol you always flop.

yea I'm coming to this as well.

JeffMan

Smash Apprentice
I can almost definitely go to this. I'll be living in Toronto by then so I'll either need a ride back or overnight housing.

I'll bring a recording setup and some power bars/extension cords.

4Serial

Smash Lord
sucks it's the last one =[ 2 years huh.. you think you could bring it back after? hahah
i don't even know if most of us will be playing by then but here's hoping :p

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
I'll do what I can to see that we're still playing in two years. By the looks of it, there are a fair few others around here that are gonna do the same :D

So, you know that if you ever see another Starfurry thread, it's the same place.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I play Sheik >_>... mainly because she doesn't have to l-cancel or wavedash as much as anyone else.

I've always hated Marth ever since my old casual scrub days as Roy.

Desh

Smash Ace
Lol, avarice,
I would say practice, opposed to just playing sheik cuz shes easier XP (unless of course you like playing sheik, but i kknow like, 3 who actually do lol)
For no reason besides sheik is one of the most boring characters,
and the practice you put into another char is normally really worth it because of how fun it can be XD

but like yeah,
if u like sheik then go for it fo sho.
but i'd definitely suggest checkin other chars out also =D
i mean, i went from sheik to kirby to doc when i started playing melee, and then doc stuck, and i realized how much fun spacies are once u practice and get consistent(-er)

edit: also cuz sheiks gay

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I actually do enjoy playing Sheik. I started with Samus in Melee (she was my old secondary alongside my Kirby main in 64, and Melee Kirby blows), eventually switched to Roy, and then realized how **** Sheik was (even as a casual player). I picked up doc recently and pretty much overnight became better as Doc than I was with Sheik, but Doc is too much work to master and I switched back to Sheik again.

You know what, screw it; confirm me for this for singles. I'm going to learn techskill if it kills me.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
I actually do enjoy playing Sheik. I started with Samus in Melee (she was my old secondary alongside my Kirby main in 64, and Melee Kirby blows), eventually switched to Roy, and then realized how **** Sheik was (even as a casual player). I picked up doc recently and pretty much overnight became better as Doc than I was with Sheik, but Doc is too much work to master and I switched back to Sheik again.

You know what, screw it; confirm me for this for singles. I'm going to learn techskill if it kills me.
You are the most amazing person ever. If you're actually an Earthbound fan, then I'm going to ask you to have my babies.

updated lol

EDIT: holy hags Windsor. Are you gonna need to be picked up from like, a GO station?

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Yeah put me on the list please, also I can bring 3 extension cords in addition to the tv.
mikey imma **** your girl =D

just kidding falco dittos ? link&Falconalldai vs. falco ? thats gonna be soo sexed haha.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
You are the most amazing person ever. If you're actually an Earthbound fan, then I'm going to ask you to have my babies.

updated lol

EDIT: holy hags Windsor. Are you gonna need to be picked up from like, a GO station?
I'm a fan of a lot of games. Earthbound is near the top of that list though. I'm not on the same weird-*** creepy cultist level as some of the Ness boards, but I did love Earthbound.

plz no homo though

Grmo this is like the 7th or so tourney I've driven to in the GTA, and the second one that you hosted... in fact Combo Breaker was my first tourney lol (I was mad about no pools + facing Minus first round at my first tourney ever that I drove 3 hours to lol). I'm fine for transportation, but yeah the distance does suck. I've been meaning to hit up some MI tourneys if they pop up near the border but haven't actually looked for them.

I dunno if this counts for practicing Melee tech-skill...but I just got done like 4 hours of SFIV... I want to go practice wavedashing now but I fear my thumbs will conspire to murder me.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Did you play the MOTHER 3 translation? :O
I got the patch file the day it was released and my friend sent me a copy of the ROM file. I started playing it, but my emulator crashed about 15 minutes in and when I tried to play it again it wouldn't work. Tried moving files around, removing and re-adding patch, still wouldn't work. The emulator still runs other games fine, the Mother 3 ROM file just magically became corrupted somehow.

Haven't been able to find a source for the ROM file since and my friend is too lazy to send it again.

It's alright though, I liked Earthbound because of the absolutely ridiculous goofiness it brought, and I know Mother 3 has a much darker story... I've seen plenty of those already in RPGs.

+Lucas isn't a real character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom