• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~~SAUGA PRESENTS: STARFURRY 5~~ May 2nd. Mississauga, ON. Melee. Results up

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I thought we were gonna call this tournament Starwolfie D:

I CANT LET YOU DO THAT ADNAN LOLLL that was so funny. So are we capping this time around? Should we advertise this **** on Facebook? and other stuff?

Man I'd love to play Mother 3 on like hacked wii or some sort of handheld. I really wanna play it so bad lol.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
I thought we were gonna call this tournament Starwolfie D:

I CANT LET YOU DO THAT ADNAN LOLLL that was so funny. So are we capping this time around? Should we advertise this **** on Facebook? and other stuff?

Man I'd love to play Mother 3 on like hacked wii or some sort of handheld. I really wanna play it so bad lol.
lol I'm randomly awake for some reason. Anyway yeah, we'll cap it off at 80. Feel free to advertise it on face****.

Nightmare™

Smash Ace
I.B ME AND YOU DUBS. nah jk im to nubbish but anyways yo anyone think they can hack my ds for me ;o?...and put mother 3 and other **** on it plzz plox ploxx.. il pay you money :]

Grmo

Smash Champion
The cap is 100. It's a fire code in the contract for the venue lol. However, I don't want to organize 100 people into pools for a place that size, and it would take more than all day with the TV support we would probably have.

btw, what did Revival do for food? After this venue is gone I'm gonna have to say goodbye to snackbar run by parents so I'll need to find an alternative for future tournaments.

EDIT: TBH, all these tournaments have been pretty scrubby in terms of size/venue. While they've been together and really fun, after this one...I'm gonna have to step it up and find a real gaming venue for something huge.

Sanu

Smash Champion
EDIT: TBH, all these tournaments have been pretty scrubby in terms of size/venue. While they've been together and really fun, after this one...I'm gonna have to step it up and find a real gaming venue for something huge.
Good ****. This will be our last local/small tournament before we huge one ****ing huge two day one with more US + WC perhaps. I'll help with finding a venue ^_^

There were three fast food places right by the Revival venue: KFC, Taco Bell and White ****ing Castle.

4Serial

Smash Lord
^ lolol, I have it on my DS. <3 Jeff.
hey josh, how did you get it to work on your ds?
i put it on my r4ds and it didn't show up on the game list..
and then i went researching and people only say that it's IMPOSSIBLE for the ds to play gba games =[
i wanna try this game out sooo badly! maybe i should try out earthbound 1+2 too hahah

JeffMan

Smash Apprentice
You'll need some kind of slot-2 device to play GBA games. I've heard success stories about the R4DS + EZ Flash 3-in-1 expansion pack. I personally use an EZ Flash IV Lite, but it kinda sucks and I wish I had gotten an M3 instead.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
NO. No. NO. Corneria I understand Poke Floats definitely not there is nothing random about it, no infinites, and the seal glitch is bs because that can happen on a NEUTRAL STAGE POKEMON STADIUM so that is not valid and if youknow about it just jump the f over it LOL.

yes Corneria it's campy and it has random lasers that kill you

no poke floats, it's not random, not campy, no room for infinites, it's simply advantageous, neutral stages give certain characters advantages, so why ban this?

Grmo

Smash Champion
hahahah yeah, the seal thing. It's so funny when that happens. Corneria is definite. If Floats is allowed, Fox isn't allowed to play there lol.

Proof: you were the only one to beat me on that stage at starfurry 3, out of a group of people including I.B, Jagg, and Chester, players who are much better than me.

and you went Fox iirc lol

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Man I should've lost that set because you still advanced further than I did xD Easier bracket xxDD

But yeah, iunno about not letting a char play there... that's dumb too. I'll MM you Fox v Falcon there and we'll see if it's an absolute advantage. IMO it's people being unfamiliar with the stage and lack of knowledge. Fox has it good there but he has it good everywhere... and I like how this discussion is in two topics LOL

worldjem7

Smash Ace
NO. No. NO. Corneria I understand Poke Floats definitely not there is nothing random about it, no infinites, and the seal glitch is bs because that can happen on a NEUTRAL STAGE POKEMON STADIUM so that is not valid and if youknow about it just jump the f over it LOL.

yes Corneria it's campy and it has random lasers that kill you

no poke floats, it's not random, not campy, no room for infinites, it's simply advantageous, neutral stages give certain characters advantages, so why ban this?

I dunno, I think the fact that Floats gives a 10-0 matchup for Fox vs any other character (except Fox of course) a pretty good reason to ban it.

It actually is REALLY campy. There are just so many little nooks and crannies to hide in that it's not even funny, and because the level moves around you never have to stay in one spot so you can keep running away from your opponent while he tries to jump from platform to platform trying to get to you while he kills you.

Corneria is pretty campy too because of that fin, and the lasers are damaging but, also the close walls affect its disposition on the banned list.

They're both pretty bad stages.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Mana thinks floats isn't campy?

When you're the fastest character in the game of course camping won't matter. You can just run up to them and hit them when they try to run in the other direction. There is no such thing as evasion when Captain Falcon is involved.

But yea, if you're almost any other character, its impossible to catch Fox/Falcon on Floats. Like Erix said, waaaay too much room to run and be gay.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
You're only supposed to play fast chars on floats... the point is Fox isn't the only char that can play there. I can think of AT LEAST TWO OTHERS!!!

>_> okay I guess it's bad for the rest of the cast but who cares about them....

okay I guess it's a bad stage I only ever play falcon and fox there ROFL xD

I'll still have cruise, I haven't been picking floats lately (with falcon as a cp) BECAUSE of fox on poke floats, so I guess it is broken ROFL.

BUT IN TEAMS THAT ****S LEGIT.

D_Winds

Smash Rookie
Meh, I may come again. I used Marth last time, but now........let's see how Dr. Mario will do :laugh:

Grmo

Smash Champion
He might not be able to house because his parents won't be happy if he only shows up there in order to house people. I'm sure we'll figure something out, though.

Anyway, stage update:

Corneria is banned for doubles. Floats and Corneria are banned for singles too. Take your pick between Greens and Cruise; one or the other is going. You may be able to convince me for both.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
He might not be able to house because his parents won't be happy if he only shows up there in order to house people. I'm sure we'll figure something out, though.

Anyway, stage update:

Corneria is banned for doubles. Floats and Corneria are banned for singles too. Take your pick between Greens and Cruise; one or the other is going. You may be able to convince me for both.
I think singles counter picks should be:

Corneria
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
DK 64

Four counter picks is fair, and still versatile while giving characters who have no bad counter pick options, a less over powering selection.

I think for teams, this list would be appropriate:

DK 64 on nuetral

Corneria
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Great Bay

Too many legal counter picks makes the game really stupid.

idea

Smash Master

Anyway, stage update:

i'm coming. i call...uhh...9th in singles, and 3rd in teams (david, wanna team? =) )

and, excellent. i like corneria on its own, but it's a good counterpick vs. jiggs. floats is too campy.

green greens seems less weird than rainbow cruise. although i have no idea how bad cruise is for various characters, except that it's really bad for ICs.

i like your deviations from normal stage bans, they make things more interesting. but not for me so much, i'll just float around fancily wherever i go.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
i'm coming. i call...uhh...9th in singles, and 3rd in teams (david, wanna team? =) )

and, excellent. i like corneria on its own, but it's a good counterpick vs. jiggs. floats is too campy.

green greens seems less weird than rainbow cruise. although i have no idea how bad cruise is for various characters, except that it's really bad for ICs.

i like your deviations from normal stage bans, they make things more interesting. but not for me so much, i'll just float around fancily wherever i go.
green greens less weird? hell no.

GG is as broken as stages get I cannot believe that **** is allowed in tourny even after 8 years lOL only these days have ppl been abusing counterpicks like no other.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Definite Neutrals:
-Fountain of Dreams
-Dream Land
-Final Destination
-Battlefield
-Yoshi's Story

debateable between N and CP
-Pokemon Stadium (transformations)

Definite Counterpicks:
-Brinstar
-Kongo Jungle 64

debatable between CP and B
-Jungle Japes
-Mute City
-Rainbow Cruise

Definite Bans:
-Poke Floats
-Corneria
-Green Greens

Yes? No? Maybe?

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Neutral stages:

Final Destination
Battlelfield
Yoshi's Island

Counterpick stages:

Kongo 64
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
FoD (banned in teams)
Pokemon Stadium
Dreamland 64

IMO. plus it's really simple

unknown522

Some guy
of course I'm down, and teaming with bernard. I can bring a cube, and maybe a TV if I can get a ride there.

Quebec, ottawa, Americans, come to this!!!

Cactuar!!

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
i'm coming to this for sure for singles provided a ride is available

the date's awesome as well, i just thought i'd like to say that, cuz every tourney so far i just scraped by getting off work lol, also more time to train trian train train practise!!!!!!

idea i want rematch :) lol and YOU KNOW you love green greens, don't deny it

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
i'm coming to this for sure for singles provided a ride is available

the date's awesome as well, i just thought i'd like to say that, cuz every tourney so far i just scraped by getting off work lol, also more time to train trian train train practise!!!!!!

idea i want rematch :) lol and YOU KNOW you love green greens, don't deny it
i want a rematch haha

man i wish those matches were recorded, it was so fun and jokes XD

unknown522

Some guy
About the counterpick stuff:

mute city is the dumbest level ever. It is slightly higher than poke floats in level of stupidity.

Corneria is dumb. So is japes.

Rainbow cruise is debatable, so is green greens.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
CP Stages:

Green Greens
Cruise
Brinstar
Mute
Japes
DK64

Randoms I don't think are in any position to be debated. Stadium isn't close to a CP.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Corneria is banned for sure. Floats is banned for sure. Neutrals should stay. Green Greens is stupid because of bombs and because of walls, and it's kind of campy/broken so I'm inclined to ban it. Cruise is, well...no one plays there. If people start coming up with broken strategies for it then I would be inclined to ban it. Mute City is definitely stupid, but I don't think it's as dumb as floats. I could go on for pages about poke floats. japes is pretty dumb because of spaces and klaptrap, but blah. Let's keep discussing it. I'm open to everything aside from legalizing Corneria, Greens, and Floats, and considering this is like the next big tournament where we can test rules and stuff out.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
What about DL64 giving huge advantage to floaties? It's a BIG advantage. Big enough for CP status IMO. It's been overlooked forever and is such an old staple it would never be changed (as mike/euro said, they just can't be debated even tho i would LOL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom