• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~~SAUGA PRESENTS: STARFURRY 5~~ May 2nd. Mississauga, ON. Melee. Results up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
You think? I dunno, I don't think any of the fastfallers do badly there at all. I think Falco is great there, and Fox definitely isn't bad. Marth is pretty good. Falcon is meh. Jiggs is hags.

srsly why is jiggs such a hag

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
This is true I suppose. It is mostly just jiggs seeing as how it takes more hits to kill her but she can still OHKO you anytime anywhere... god I hate jiggs.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
CP Stages:

Green Greens
Cruise
Brinstar
Mute
Japes
DK64

Randoms I don't think are in any position to be debated. Stadium isn't close to a CP.
Rock and Fire say hi.

Stuff about banning stalling.
As noble as your ambition is to try and ban something that destroys an otherwise beautiful game, this topic in particular is extremely subjective and pretty impossible to enforce.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Rock and Fire don't matter. You can wait those out >_> The problem with Corneria is you can't wait it out for the giant wall to disappear to resume fighting.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
haha it's true. whenever im playing v a fox i just wait on one side for the wall to disappear or for them to approach.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
I advocate for Green Greens and Cruise without the ability to play a space animal at even a decent level. I think it's fair that everyone have stages to CP for.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Cruise is legit:

fun fact: it was even used as a neutral stage during the middle of melee's tournament activity in some tournies!

cruise is legit =)

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
I still think Corneria could be legal. It really isn't too degenerate. You know what you are going to get when you go there. If you feel like your opponent may take you there, ban it.

Here is how I stand. A lot of counterpicks seem to do the same thing as each other. In order to prevent doubling up, pick one from each section:

DK 64 (Legit on its own)
Corneria/Green Greens
Rainbow Cruise/Poke Floats
Brinstar/Mute City

I don't think Japes should be legal. It isn't really conducive to healthy game play. I don't think I missed any other counterpicks, or at least any significant ones.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
japes is legit i c no problem with it, if ur gona talk about the claptraps, then thats stupid its just as easy just to away from the water or just fight in the middle, and u cant really camp there cuz its a small stage, just hit them when their in the middle of their double lazer or just do ur ledge atk or somthing. and ontop of that u shouldn't try camping on that stage cuz theres alot of better stages u can camp on

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
japes is legit i c no problem with it, if ur gona talk about the claptraps, then thats stupid its just as easy just to away from the water or just fight in the middle, and u cant really camp there cuz its a small stage, just hit them when their in the middle of their double lazer or just do ur ledge atk or somthing. and ontop of that u shouldn't try camping on that stage cuz theres alot of better stages u can camp on
10 Chars: Falco's gay

You can replace the above with Sheik's gay, or Fox's gay too.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
falco is really gay and sheik is really gay and chars with projectiles > chars withoutttt reallly gay stage one of the worst ant believe its legal plus MASSIVE ceiling for no reason and stupid water and klaptrap really dumb stage

Grmo

Smash Champion
I

DK 64 (Legit on its own)
Corneria/Green Greens
Rainbow Cruise/Poke Floats
Brinstar/Mute City
Fixed. I agree, but I'll leave it open.

falco is really gay and sheik is really gay and chars with projectiles > chars withoutttt reallly gay stage one of the worst ant believe its legal plus MASSIVE ceiling for no reason and stupid water and klaptrap really dumb stage
lol yeah, good point.

Also: ledge stalling is stalling and should be banned IMO. Would anyone mind if I implemented a rule to try and get people not to do it so much?

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
only noteable ledge stalling is shino stalling so yea ban that **** bc its mad gay for real spawn did it all day but luckily he was on my team lol it was good then but otherwise its srsly so unnapproachable

Grmo

Smash Champion
^ Explain pl0x. We can limit it enough so that it ceases to be camping, anyway. Yeah, shino stalling should be like...you're not allowed to do it for more than like...3 times or something then you've gotta get off, or some **** i dunno. If someone's doing it then they can call a ref to make sure it doesn't happen anymore. We'll have to figure out something more precise. I'm tired and am kind of failing.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
not like three times, bute more like three minutes bc eventually its advantageous for the shiek to stop or for other char to try to intervene

Grmo

Smash Champion
Corneria is banned because there's a giant wall of gay that doesn't go away and super amazing camping ensues. It's really stupid, and after seeing some stuff happen on it last tournament I went to, I don't want anyone to have to put up with that. I'm sorry if I seem tyrannical here, but it's not getting unbanned.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
^ Explain pl0x. We can limit it enough so that it ceases to be camping, anyway. Yeah, shino stalling should be like...you're not allowed to do it for more than like...3 times or something then you've gotta get off, or some **** i dunno. If someone's doing it then they can call a ref to make sure it doesn't happen anymore. We'll have to figure out something more precise. I'm tired and am kind of failing.
You explained it in your post here. ^^^

Camping will always happen.
Stalling will always happen.

The degrees they happen will always be different but, they will still happen.

By saying "oh you can only do it for X amount of times" or "X amount of (insert time increment here)" you are only limiting it and not actually banning it because this is something so arbitrary that it can't be truly banned.

And, because it's such an ill-defined thing, if you do happen to call over a judge, then the "stalling" or "camping" the person is doing is completely subject to the judge with no objective guide to abide by, other than the arbitrary limit.

There's also a bunch of political stuff once the judge is called over. The person stalling could just deny it and not do it the rest of the game while the judge is there. The person calling the stall might be trying to abuse the system. In the end, no one really gets punished.

It's that difficult.

I don't know what you have planned to help stop it but, I hope it's good.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
only noteable ledge stalling is shino stalling so yea ban that **** bc its mad gay for real spawn did it all day but luckily he was on my team lol it was good then but otherwise its srsly so unnapproachable
wtf manalord dont u play falcon moonwalk on that ***** i've done it before

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
They live way too long LOL no disputes here they just ****ing live too long with *** broken recoveries.
Peach doesn't have the ability to hit most characters there if you play gay enough.

If you're not camping with your better movement game on that level and actually letting Peach abuse the fuck out of the limited advantages her living for a while gives her then you're doing it wrong.

Oh wait camping's gay.

Ban the level.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
wtf manalord dont u play falcon moonwalk on that ***** i've done it before
ya but why would u want to be on the ledge as falcon against sheik LOL it's just disadvantageous

and *** moonwalk to it

i usually moonwalk FAKE OUT and sticky it up then charlie it back then moonwalk on to the ledge

we need to play more when we meet again for sure learn some falcon **** from eachother i learned some interesting **** watchin scar n mango n m2k play falcon at RoM we can learn :chuckle:

EDIT: MAYBE EVEN TEAM??? even tho double falcon sux lol

also who'd u lose to at the last starfurry? i lose to raynex it was a close set tho he was playin bad that day and let me take a match from him bc he decided to falcon ditto me and then i lose to sanuzi i went marth game 3 and suicided ARGH

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
ya but why would u want to be on the ledge as falcon against sheik LOL it's just disadvantageous

and *** moonwalk to it

i usually moonwalk FAKE OUT and sticky it up then charlie it back then moonwalk on to the ledge

we need to play more when we meet again for sure learn some falcon **** from eachother i learned some interesting **** watchin scar n mango n m2k play falcon at RoM we can learn :chuckle:

EDIT: MAYBE EVEN TEAM??? even tho double falcon sux lol

also who'd u lose to at the last starfurry? i lose to raynex it was a close set tho he was playin bad that day and let me take a match from him bc he decided to falcon ditto me and then i lose to sanuzi i went marth game 3 and suicided ARGH
i lost to reggie and david

lol i've done double falcon fails like mad unless ur playing non high tier chars

and u use moonwalk to get rid of shiek's b up stalling, u time it right falcon misses the hit box of the up b and takes the edge, so theres no disadvantage in doing this :D

inform me on wat u saw, cuz i dont check the falcon boards

Grmo

Smash Champion
The person stalling could just deny it and not do it the rest of the game while the judge is there.
EXACTLY. So long as it's not happening, I succeed in my goal.

Lol geass. 15 mins in a car mobile?
Sounds about right.
i lost to reggie and david

lol i've done double falcon fails like mad unless ur playing non high tier chars

and u use moonwalk to get rid of shiek's b up stalling, u time it right falcon misses the hit box of the up b and takes the edge, so theres no disadvantage in doing this :D

inform me on wat u saw, cuz i dont check the falcon boards
what the hags man, you should check them. they're awesome.

idea

Smash Master
we could just start a "verbally abuse heavy campers" campaign.

and a good byproduct of that would be to finally pin down a definition for camping.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
I think something like that is already unofficially in place by the majority of the Smash community. lol

The byproduct has yet to show up though... lol

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
People who generally camp that hard are afraid of losing, and/or just not that talented at the game. Just trap them off stage and dominate them on stage. The moment they lose a stock or the advantage, camp them back.

Grmo

Smash Champion
I don't know if anyone has realized, but there's been a date change, since the venue is no longer available in May. This is honestly the only time this can happen, so I'm sorry if it's inconvenient for people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom