• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Saltus Combo (testers wanted) *please read thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this, I'm leaving for a trip in the morning or I'd test it myself. I'm just bothered because the frame data doesn't check out, and actually watching the video, MK looks like he finishes his bounce animation and doesn't force get up before getting hit (like when you mistime the ice block while hobbling Dedede with Ice Climbers).

I'm not ruling it out, it just seems...sketchy. If this works and is practical enough to make Sheik an MK counter, I will pick up Sheik and use her in tournament ;) But I'm going to wait until a Sheik beats a notable MK with this and some testing has been done.

And SDI is actually really effective on unsweetspotted bair :/ Remember that Peach can do the exact same thing as Sheik is doing int his video, except using Wario's grab release to guarantee the footstool, and using float to cut eliminate frames from the footstool (footstool > float > release float so you don't go anywhere), and it's not an infinite cause Wario can smash DI the bair to move out of grab range.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I think the biggest problem is that unless you have ftilt decayed in a different way, it doesn't work after 70%. From 40%-70% (which was three iterations of the footstool combo), it worked fine, but the ftilt at 70% sent too high up to get a footstool in time.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
I think the biggest problem is that unless you have ftilt decayed in a different way, it doesn't work after 70%. From 40%-70% (which was three iterations of the footstool combo), it worked fine, but the ftilt at 70% sent too high up to get a footstool in time.
not sure if u noticed, but u had a vid of this combo already on rob, but extended.. O.O ur too far in ur game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAEGszcKxIQ&feature=related

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
If that's the cases, then it's just a combo loop. At best, at least it gets up some good percentage without much risk, even if it's hard to pull off since you can uses a Usmash to get from that 70% to about 90 or 100 percent, so it's still a decent amount of lead.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
not sure if u noticed, but u had a vid of this combo already on rob, but extended.. O.O ur too far in ur game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAEGszcKxIQ&feature=related
lol no
That is different.

:EDIT:
Wait wait wait wait...
f-tilt> footstool (now when you footstool DI left or right just like in Ankoku's vid)> Needle and force a get up> repeat
I am to lazy to test so late at night but it is just an idea.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Thats good compared to a lot of other characters.

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
Very nice find, but why does everybody call it an infinite? O_o. After a time it won't work anymore, because the KB of Ftilt is too big.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
This can work on stages like halberd, delfino, smashville right? Any other stages? I am asking this because I assume now MK's will ban FD when vs'ing sheik if this becomes a commonly used combo.

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
Very nice find, but why does everybody call it an infinite? O_o. After a time it won't work anymore, because the KB of Ftilt is too big.
Yeah. It's more of a lock. I don't have a problem with this, don't main anyone that has it bad with this new discovery.

.AC.

Smash Lord
you should experiment more with things related to buffering etc.btw is this enough to make 13+ characters unviable like in melee?

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
:EDIT:
Wait wait wait wait...
f-tilt> footstool (now when you footstool DI left or right just like in Ankoku's vid)> Needle and force a get up> repeat
I am to lazy to test so late at night but it is just an idea.
Ankoku and I were talking about this last night. A needle storm doesn't force a get up, but the single needle after it will. You could also jab twice, which would seem like a better options because there isn't as much lag and you can crouch cancel it to well.... whatever.

I also wouldn't be calling a match-up against MK so early. We need some video evidence of it used in an actual match first.

saviorslegacy

Ankoku and I were talking about this last night. A needle storm doesn't force a get up, but the single needle after it will. You could also jab twice, which would seem like a better options because there isn't as much lag and you can crouch cancel it to well.... whatever.
AH crap I didn't mean to post that.

I have found a few other ways to make an infinite as well. For right now I'm not telling cuz I want to handle one thing at a time.
(3 or 4 infinites at once would be kinda annoying)

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Lol, did I NOT bring up the needle lock way earlier in this thread? I'm so stealing credit for that. :3

lol @ "MK's fastest option, air dodge, comes out in 3 frames". Uair is faster than air dodge, which kinda makes me think that frame tester might be crazy. If the data really lines up to show that MK can roll/get up/get up attack out of this, then that's a shame.

saviorslegacy

Lol, did I NOT bring up the needle lock way earlier in this thread? I'm so stealing credit for that. :3

lol @ "MK's fastest option, air dodge, comes out in 3 frames". Uair is faster than air dodge, which kinda makes me think that frame tester might be crazy. If the data really lines up to show that MK can roll/get up/get up attack out of this, then that's a shame.
Actually I already though of it before I posted this, and it's not a Needle Lock. You are simply using a Needle to force a get up, and the repeating the process.

There are more than this too. *looks at gold mine that is footstool*

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
In my head sheik goes even with MK, but I won't say it as fact until I can back it up with proof.

Anyway this looks like something, InnocentRoad did, but he made no claims to an infinite.

Mad props if this actually works as an infinite. Hopefully it doesn't work on every character or it'll just get banned. lol.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Many tournies DO ban the IC's infnite. lol And ftilt is easier to land than a grab with ICs on many characters in the cast.

Edit: Also this would be considerably more broken than DDD's infinite and that gets banned all the time (for no good reason).

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Many tournies DO ban the IC's infinite. lol And ftilt is easier to land than a grab with ICs on many characters in the cast.

Edit: Also this would be considerably more broken than DDD's infinite and that gets banned all the time (for no good reason).
Most Big tourneys don't ban ice climber infinite, hopefully it wont as with this sheik will be high tier and sheik will be able to win large tournaments

saviorslegacy

Many tournies DO ban the IC's infnite. lol And ftilt is easier to land than a grab with ICs on many characters in the cast.

You are talking about something that works on everyone or close to it.

Saltus does NOT work on everyone and you have a really tough time on some people.
(luckily people you have a tough time with can be f-tilt locked)

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
I was happy when I saw that it doesn't work for fox. Then I realized, you still can tilt lock >_<
How bout you ban it against everyone but metaknight?

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
What's a saltus? Anyway I said before that this could only be banned if it works on everyone.

Anyone notice a striking similarity between the content of this thread and the one below? Coincidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom