• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(S.A.) Jan 2010 Reloaded 5: 10k cash, $90k prizes - preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Meta Knight and Snake team is far more broken than Double MK.

I have many many instances of why on my youtube channel due to recording Evo2009's doubles.
Lol 0-deaths all over this shiz. Guaranteed stickies all over this shiz.

Browny

Smash Hater
well just about any combination of chars can 0-death in doubles with simple grab-release tricks lol, stickies just take more time than required when a snake fsmash could finish it asap :p

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
well just about any combination of chars can 0-death in doubles with simple grab-release tricks lol, stickies just take more time than required when a snake fsmash could finish it asap :p
once again you never cease to amaze me.

the particular trick being discussed (quite an old trick) works in about 1 second and can be done in a 2 on 2 situation, most grab releases that are 0-death only work in a 2 on 1, unless you just mean a grab release into a smash or something which isnt a 0-death, if your dying at 0% by a snake fsmash then you have the worst DI in the world.

I dont mean to sound rude or mean but please answer me one question seriously, are you an idiot?

Browny

Smash Hater
is this the same as the omnigay? Cant doubles port priority selection stop this to an extent? maybe for 1 member of the other team not... idk
what do you want me to answer lol. of course not -_-

tedeth

Smash Master
Me and luke played a snake/MK team in the US in friendlies. I 2 stocked the snake with my wolf in singles, the MK didn't even main MK, and really didn't know that much about the character in general. However, due to repeated 0-deaths by stickied C4s, we were left shaking our heads, walking away after like 10 straight losses discussing the amazing homozexuality of the American metagame.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Mew2King and Ally (MK/Snake)
vs
Havok and Hall (MK/Snake)

Doubles winner's bracket at EVO 2009 (I have the video, you can reference it if you want)

Both Havok and Hall have died, Hall after Havok by about 2-3 seconds.

Havok comes back and is just trying to take advantage of invicibility and trying to kill one of them at highish percentages, and to stop them from using... THE ULTIMATE GAYNESS.
However during that small time period Ally had stickied M2K.
Havok gets up throw'd and dies at 0%, just as Hall is coming back.
Ally stickies M2K again, gets the grab on Hall, and 0 to deaths him.

Both Havok and Hall at 0% died within 5 seconds or so of each other.

Nothing else in the game compares. You could say 'Kirby', but MK's dash grab is so much ****ing better.

Yes, port priority helps, but the strategy in general is gayed because the MK can just TORNADO and get a guaranteed sticky on the opponent, (even if they shield) and the snake can then just blow up the opponent when possible. Because of this gay strategy, counter picking rules had to be brought in at Evo in relation to ports.
However Ally and M2K were still very effective at the second part of the strategy, overcoming Havok and Hall and Fiction and MikeHAZE with the gayness.

Double MK is **** compared to Meta Knight/Snake team.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
is this the same as the omnigay? Cant doubles port priority selection stop this to an extent? maybe for 1 member of the other team not... idk
what do you want me to answer lol. of course not -_-
the whole point of the are you an idiot is due to the fact that pretty much everytime you post you end up saying something incredibly ignorant and fail, and everybody face palms, you should research and look into things more, especially when you dont even know what we're talking about.

swordsaint

Smash Master
The fact you didn't MAKE IT CLEAR what you were talking about DURING A DISCUSSION while trying to make YOUR POINT is sort of your fault. :p

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
the whole point of the are you an idiot is due to the fact that pretty much everytime you post you end up saying something incredibly ignorant and fail, and everybody face palms, you should research and look into things more, especially when you dont even know what we're talking about.
I like it when Luke posts :)

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Of course we will. Laying the beat down on Ant and DJB isn't something we can miss.

As far I as understand, ted, luke, myself, and shaya will probably be there.

Zero if possible, Toby as well.
Me too! I'm not going to miss this. :)

Browny

Smash Hater
I wonder where all these interstate people would sleep... were going to need a lot more beanbags this time lol

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I wonder where all these interstate people would sleep... were going to need a lot more beanbags this time lol
Taxi to the nearest 5 star hotel.

Never again. Will I pass out in front of a Goldeneye Tourney.

But wait, I have this giant life-sized Tails. He can be my beanbag

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
The fact you didn't MAKE IT CLEAR what you were talking about DURING A DISCUSSION while trying to make YOUR POINT is sort of your fault. :p
dont even know why I'm bothering but here goes...
yes I admit it wasnt exactly clear however as you can see in shayas post...

Meta Knight and Snake team is far more broken than Double MK.

I have many many instances of why on my youtube channel due to recording Evo2009's doubles.
Lol 0-deaths all over this shiz. Guaranteed stickies all over this shiz.
he is talking about meta and snake sticky 0 deaths and instead of saying what/why he cites his youtube channel, implying that if you want to know what he's talking about go watch the stuff on there, failing to do so and then not knowing what your talking about is not my fault.

I would have thought djb would have gone to watch them since he loves watching stuff on youtube but I guess I not.

so gg scoot nice job, your also as amazing as the SA brothers, keep trying and one day you'll get there.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Luke just continues to ****. Wherever does it all come from?

Please teach me, O Wise and most honourable Luke.

Anangels

Smash Rookie
Luke just continues to ****. Wherever does it all come from?

Please teach me, O Wise and most honourable Luke.
We get the point dude. You have a hard on for a "guy" who (thinks) he's smart by trying to act like a rebel. I've lurked for ages and luke is by far the "emotionally challenged" user on this section of the site. He's always looking for a chance to insult other people over petty crap (cover his own obvious insecurities). There is nothing "****" about it and it generally only appeals to children (or immature people at best) since they don't know any better ways to disagree with people.

Key words are "in these" for anyone on luke's level.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Anangels. I think I'm in love with you. I have never thought of the correct way to phrase that, and well along comes an angel. O_o

S.D

Smash Master
We get the point dude. You have a hard on for a "guy" who (thinks) he's smart by trying to act like a rebel. I've lurked for ages and luke is by far the "emotionally challenged" user on this section of the site. He's always looking for a chance to insult other people over petty crap (cover his own obvious insecurities). There is nothing "****" about it and it generally only appeals to children (or immature people at best) since they don't know any better ways to disagree with people.

Key words are "in these" for anyone on luke's level.
It's funny when people think they can psycho-analyse others without having ever actually met them XD

Toby.

Smash Master
I thought it was clear what luke was talking about.

I find this argument stupid, unecessary and amusing all at the same time. Anangels seems like an alt account, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Anangels: lol. steady on big guy. I think you've misjudged the guy.

edit: every time I post it seems like at least one person beats me to it. siiiiigh

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Professionals psycho-analyse people from their body posture/language they're so pro.
Things written, even over the internet with all it's sarcasm, still draw a picture.

But it's still lol coming from a first poster registered today, where's this guy from?

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889

Lol that was gold, and the guy who passed out playing bomberman 64 with controller in hand, good times.

Keep it on topic people.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I would bother to argue back because of alot of that is wrong and even hypocritical but I wont bother because I can see where its coming from, I myself have noticed that the more of an ******* you be on the boards the more people seem to love it which is depressing about human nature in general.

like people who create an account just to tell everyone about this how this guy is emotionally challenged and needs to strike out at others to make himself feel good.

however none of us are psychologists so lets stop pretending we are and get back to the usual disscussion and argueing about petty ****

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I dunno Luke, making an account just to tell someone they're emotionally challenged is pretty ****ing petty in itself.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
you know now that I think about it, what does he even mean by emotionally challenged?
is he implying that I am "challenged" to show or express any emotion, therefore making me calm collected and a logical thinker who isnt swayed by emotions, if so thats hardly an insult or a retort.

the popular opinion on the internet is that the term emotinally challenged means an emo, but that doesnt make sense now does it, its the oposite.

claiming I'm under the delusion of being smart when I'm really childish and immature is intresting, but I think that by trying to sound like a psychologist, and by using simple easy to understand terms out of context, he's proved that he is the one under that delusion, espcially since he's claimed that all I do is insult people because thats the only way I know to disagree with people.

now I will admit that I do insult people, more then I should no doubt, I also adress their points and give reasons to my responses, I also concede and agree with people when I can see and understand their point of view, even if I dont agree with it.

I if acted the way he said I do then it would be more like, "stfu noob your gay"
which is certainly alot easier than writing out a response like this one when no one is really going to care what I say except for me.

and as for the fact that you agree'd with him scoot, well, whats that say for you eh buddy?

well I'm done now, back to topic who here out of NSW is going to go to this? I'm pretty much confirmed.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord

Lol that was gold, and the guy who passed out playing bomberman 64 with controller in hand, good times.

Keep it on topic people.
Haha, great times indeed.
Cao, all cute and curled up on a bean-bag.
And Fortei playing Bomberman 64. :)

I'm in on the hotel idea. :)
Unless Possum Dave feels like putting up with some of us again? ;) Best host in da world. :)

Yeah, I'll come to this, hopefully other QLDers come, if not I'm happy to be the lone warrior yet again.
I hope theres plenty o N64 action!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Haha, great times indeed.
Cao, all cute and curled up on a bean-bag.
And Fortei playing Bomberman 64. :)

I'm in on the hotel idea. :)
Unless Possum Dave feels like putting up with some of us again? ;) Best host in da world. :)

Yeah, I'll come to this, hopefully other QLDers come, if not I'm happy to be the lone warrior yet again.
I hope theres plenty o N64 action!

I dunno bob, your defiently a contender for best host in the world, I'd vote for you ;)

Ant1

Smash Ace
woah wth happened to my thread? took a while to read all this, how did i miss it all?
I can't beleive it took like 14 pages till someone said (scoot) that they have to come to beat us. I was waiting for that lol

N64 games aren't a problem i still have a N64 with all the classic multiplayer games. Yes i also have bomberman 64 :D
My fire and flames skills are getting better luke :D i got up to 66% in the song! I'm getting better at tapping and elbow strumming in general.
By next year i feel brawl may have run its course. Guitarhero is my favourite game now.
So if i get beat in brawl i can still own u all in guitarhero , halo 3, gears 2, mario kart and perfect dark lolol :)
Dual cyclones with magazine discharge is rediculous!!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Let's just rent out a beach house..

wait are there beaches in Adelaide? probably not many good ones...

A CLIFF HOUSE (**** YES CLIFFS AND GREAT WHITE SHARKS), where we can all have epic rave parties with hammocks and ****.

I'd wonder whether or not the 3 or so day renting of a largish house would be cheaper per capita for all out of state attendants than hotels and the likes.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Let's just rent out a beach house..

wait are there beaches in Adelaide? probably not many good ones...

A CLIFF HOUSE (**** YES CLIFFS AND GREAT WHITE SHARKS), where we can all have epic rave parties with hammocks and ****.

I'd wonder whether or not the 3 or so day renting of a largish house would be cheaper per capita for all out of state attendants than hotels and the likes.
Glenelg beats the **** outta Bondi

Ant1

Smash Ace
Glenelg beats the **** outta Bondi
See Cao knows everything :)
Do we have beaches lol, it's not like s.a. is in england and are beaches consist of rocks and more rocks.

But i must tell u guys this first. The venue is kind of far away, well from where i live in can take 2 hours to get to via public transit!
I have to catch a train to get to the place lol. I don't really know whereabouts it is in relation to the beach, but by my guess, i'd say it is kinda far.

I challenge u guys to finish lair of the blind ones in turok 2! U will be up all night trying to beat that ******** level. Even with all cheats its very hard to find ur way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom