• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(S.A.) Jan 2010 Reloaded 5: 10k cash, $90k prizes - preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Luke, what it says is, I'm quite often the target of your abuse. And to be perfectly honest. I'm sick of the ****, yeah?
dont be an idiot then, lol this wasn't even about you, you were just like "yeah what he said"
I dont hate you at all, but in general you are rude (so am I but in a different way), arrogant, obnoxious and start alot of **** with people and to be perfectly honest, people are sick of the **** yeah?

so shave off your neck beard and be civil and then there wont be any **** and we can all get along and have happy fun times getting ganon stomped.

and to djb (who has cleverly removed himself from this whole situation and is now probably laughing at my fail)
I guess I was a little harsh, I'm sorry dont take it personally, just dont post stupid stuff.

swordsaint

Smash Master
I'm not arrogant.
And there you go again flinging **** at me. "so shave off your neckbeard" Yay, another ****ing useless rude comment without merit.

Ant1

Smash Ace
Not another argument.... at least cao is here to stop this one.
I challenge u luke to fire and flames at this event.
Pro face off, expert only, Final Destination Fire and flames!!!

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
So if i get beat in brawl i can still own u all in mario kart and perfect dark lolol :)
Dual cyclones with magazine discharge is rediculous!!
If you think Dual Cyclones is good, then you won't be very difficult. :laugh:
J/K much love for a fellow N64 player, can't wait.
The best part of the Reloaded 08 for me was hours upon hour of just casual N64 gaming with whoever wanted to play. I hope that can happent his time as well!

Also, I beat Turok 2 (inclusing said Lair of the Blind Ones of course) for the first time this year. Hard stuff! Turok 1 was great fun as well. Better actually.

Yeah, Glenelg beats just about everything ever.
Where are the photos from that Cao!? :confused:

Ant1

Smash Ace
Theres many a overpowered weapon in Perfect Dark. I was just playing it at this tourny, and was lol'ing at how i'd walk up to a bot, fire magazine disharge and he dies, coz there's a high chance one of the bullets will hit their head resulting in a 1 hit kill.
Farsight is broken, dual phoenix's, callisto ntg with high power rounds.
The n-bomb is a cool weapon too. Make every weapon n-bombs lol.

Ant1

Smash Ace
Just play area 52, and hide in that centre building with dual phoenix's, the explosions go through the walls lol. Superdragon was my favourite weapon.
We should play with 8 simulants on, all fistsims lol. The screen gets so blurry it hurts ur eyes, due to bad graphics.

OMG i just remembered! Perfect Dark is coming to XBLA (xbox live arcrade). Playing on 360 controllers may be easier or harder, can't tell yet. This one will have better graphics and all that jazz

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Ewww...

Just wait. They'll **** it up somehow.

Cuz that's what Rare does these days.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Because silly little changes like that stupid new font just ruin the original feel.

Although I will say this: they managed to port BK's controls quite well. Here's hoping they won't **** up PD's controls either...

Ant1

Smash Ace
I have to agree with u on that. Playing Banjo Tooie on xbla just didn't feel the same.
U should see the Perfect Dark premium theme for the xbox dashboard that i have. It's free, and it looks hell cool.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
Lol, this is great.
Half a page of spam, but its pretty much about N64!

-Farsight is NOT broken, I will argue this till the cows come home.
Maybe against sims that have no concept of dodging, radar or seeing your screen. It actually takes quite some skill to hit a moving target, specially if your under any pressure.

-Gawd no playing with sims unless its humans vs sims. @ people who complain at the framerate "OMG look at the frame rate!" Yet playing 4 players with sims and explosives....:mad: Nevermind me. :)

-Laptop gun is more broken, although thats more to do with my impatience to look for them. If playing with a few guns that have "Threat Detector" on them its better but still not OK.
ACTUALLY me n Dino featuring Peachrocks worked out a ruleset for Perfect Dark a few months ago, cause we was going to run it at AutumnSmash, but people suck and stuff. :embarrass

-Goldeneye, License to Kill is where its at.

-Diddy Kong Racing, International Superstar Soccer 64, NBA Hangtime, Killer Instinct Gold....any takers?

Browny

Smash Hater
i aim to find a copy of snowboard kids if/when i go to gametraders this week.

If i find one for like $20 or less, it will be @ reloaded :p

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
What part of the FarSight isn't broken?

- Shoots through walls.
- Lets you SEE through walls.
- Instant-Kills (if I remember correct).

The target locator thing can also give you a general idea of an opponent's 3D location, which a radar cannot do. "Hard to hit human opponents with" is an argument that applies to almost any weapon in almost any situation. If you take out the skill factor, compared to all other weapons, the FarSight gives you the tools to cover a much greater amount of space much more efficiently.

Also about the Laptop Gun - whether you easily spot it or not isn't the issue, the idea of the Laptop Gun is to alert me of whenever an opponent is nearby so I know when to take my attention off FarSight'n. Whether the Laptop Gun kills or not doesn't bother me. Cuz I'm not always screenpeekin' 100% of the time. :p

Oh, I also forgot: Cloaking Device for teh lulz. For EXTRA PROTECTION™. That's getting pretty ridiculous though. But I was trying to remember why I used to camp in front of some door haha, it was because there was a spawn point there. xD

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
oh screen cheating... why? WHY???!!!

refering back a page or so, I could buy banjo kazooie on XBL, since I've never played it would it still be worth buying it to play or did it get too degraded?

also you know what I would like to see at reloaded, a bunch of 360's (or orginal xboxes, you can even mix the 2 in the same connection) LAN'ed up for some good old halo 2, which is far better then 3 on just about every point there is, in my opinion.

8 v 8 CTF or bomb run, ****ing awesome, any chance of that?

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
You'll enjoy it just as much if you haven't played it before. The changes only really affect old fans of the game because it changes the original feel.

But still, as a hardcore N64 *****, I couldn't live with myself if I didn't recommend you pick it up on 64 instead. :p

Sieg

Smash Champion
But are you as hardcore as DJ?

The answer is no, because no one is as hardcore as DJ when it comes to 64.

Let's play some Mario Tennis! 4am Mario Party ftw.

Ant1

Smash Ace
Funny u said the farsight isn't broken.
In a top ten list i remember reading of the most overpowered weapons in video games, The farsight XR20 came in 2nd place (the laser from Resident Evil 4 was 1st)

I still have halo 2 luke, and so would a lot of ppl so i guess it's possible.
I will be bringing my 360 to this as well as my N64 of course.

Someone HAS to get a mario party game!!! How about Star Wars Episode 1 Racer, i still got that game. Also 007 Nightfire on gamecube has a great multiplayer, for those who haven't played it, ur missing out. Same with Star Wars Jedi Outcast II.

Eagle

Smash Lord
What was wrong with banjo-kazooie? It was the same game, just better graphics.
This isn't a new Perfect Dark. It's the same as say smash bros on wii virtual console, In that it's just a port, except this port will have cleaner graphics.
I meant how Rare made a new Banjo Kazooie game, Nuts and Bolts.

Browny

Smash Hater
Who cares about brawl anymore. lets just have endless 64 game tournaments. more games, more fun, more barrel rolls, everyone wins

Ant1

Smash Ace
I can't wait to play shaya 1v1 offline at this. Coz according to my brother if i played him 1v1 i would lose a quadrillion (its what comes after a trillion... i think) times in a row.
Srsly. It would only take maybe a lifetime to get that many games done, or maybe multiple lifetimes.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
But are you as hardcore as DJ?

The answer is no, because no one is as hardcore as DJ when it comes to 64.

Let's play some Mario Tennis! 4am Mario Party ftw.

I believe around 14 hours of Kalamari Desert in MK64 over two nights is pretty hardcore. It was either MK64 or Falcon 4 ways in melee.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Summoner you haven't seen DJ's N64 rig, it's a ****ing beast. I don't think anyone could ever top the hardcoreness of that, not even obsessively playing the same track for hours on end at full enthusiasm.

Still, I'd like to think I'm a pretty hardcore N64 *****, it is by FAR my favourite console.

Browny

Smash Hater
The hardcore-ness of ones N64 playing ability is determined by how many controller joysticks they have completely ruined over years of excessive use. My tally is at a shameful 3 (I think...). What do you guys have? :p

Ant1

Smash Ace
Only true hard core N64 fan's have spent hours upon hours blowing people up in goldeneye with remote mines, in an effort to get some cool deaths, i.e. flying up really high.
One time we get a guy to fly through a few corridors, which we called the superman death, coz he want straight like an arrow.

Who else here has unlocked every cheat in PerfectDark and gotten gold medals on all the target training. It is quite hard to get those done.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I have all Gold in target training except for one which was either laser or tranq guy. I haven't bothered with the cheats.

I just realised I could host a pretty decent 64 meet with all the 64 crap I have.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Only true hard core N64 fan's have spent hours upon hours blowing people up in goldeneye with remote mines, in an effort to get some cool deaths, i.e. flying up really high.
One time we get a guy to fly through a few corridors, which we called the superman death, coz he want straight like an arrow.

Who else here has unlocked every cheat in PerfectDark and gotten gold medals on all the target training. It is quite hard to get those done.
Haha I've been through those days. Good fun.

And yeah I've unlocked all that stuff.

GE/PD are my two favouritest N64 games. :3333

I used to speedrun GE and PD actually haha. <3

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
64 was a golden console but I think nintendo peaked at snes, that **** was off the hook for its time
ok so I'll be leaveing with my opinion that no one agrees with now :(

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
OH, I SO AGREE WITH YOU LUKE. SNES IS WHERE IT'S AT.

I am actually 100% serious about this. SNES > 64. **** yeah DKC I/II/III, Super Mario World, Earthbound, Super Game Boy (<3) , Tetris Attack etc etc etc

Ant1

Smash Ace
Me and my bro actually found a glitch in Perfect Dark, that i think no one knows of.
We also found the glitch where u jump on top of someone head and go on a lift, and it takes u outta the stage into like space lol. I remember seeing it published in n64gamer magazine a few months later, as someone else had found it too.

I only have 3 games on my snes, but yoshi's island, and dkc III is all we needed. Such good games, especially yoshi's island.

For some reason in racing games such as episode 1 racer, we always tried to make the track favourite come last. This involved playing as mars guo, or other big podracersand blocking the path so the a.i. would crash into us, resulting in them possibly coming last instead of 1st. lol
This continued on with mario kart double dash, where we made dk (for some reason dk was the fastes a.i. player by a HUGE degree) get 0 points (last) in everysingle track on all cup mode. So it's not like we did one track at a time, this was all in a row.

Who played pilotwings?

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
OH, I SO AGREE WITH YOU LUKE. SNES IS WHERE IT'S AT.

I am actually 100% serious about this. SNES > 64. **** yeah DKC I/II/III, Super Mario World, Earthbound, Super Game Boy (<3) , Tetris Attack etc etc etc
I almost cried with joy just thinking about those games just now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom