• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rocky Shoutouts, Results, Photos & Videos - Nostalgia Thread!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Also there's a couple of brawl doubles videos prior the loser's finals that are recorded and no longer in my possession.

They're in CAO's SD card, which is at Vermy's place.
I think it's just the winners final. da dun dUNCE. ;_;

tedeth

Smash Master
People pushing and demanding videos from Shaya are appearing rude and inconsiderate. Shame.
Fair call. But after "Oh sorry, I deleted all the videos from the last tourney without uploading them or backing them up. They are now gone" I think I have the right to be a little rude. :p

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Also there's a couple of brawl doubles videos prior the loser's finals that are recorded and no longer in my possession.

They're in CAO's SD card, which is at Vermy's place.
I think it's just the winners final. da dun dUNCE. ;_;
You've got to be kidding me. >___>

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
corpe crate should have used TL.. =P
bl with the trip.. its screwed me over at times 2.

commentarty is alright XD
needs more shaya calling chris bad. but yeah doubles is fun wish i was there . could totally take out that atyeo X)

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Dayum, this was too good. I'm so glad I lost my tournament virginity to Rocky, as the whole experience was amazing! Cheers to CAO and to anyone who helped with the running of the tourney.

bylim5: So excited! Thanks so much for housing me man; I really appreciate it. It was great to finally meet you and experience the ownage of bylim in-person. Your Peach dominates like the corrupt bylim that we will most definitely see more of in the future. Kudos on doing so well in Melee doubles with Bjay.

Bjay: .ud by .ud lim .ud 5 *Waft* - so pro. Who would've thought that the Brutal Beeches would eventually unite? It must've been inevitable. It's been great, dood. Lots of LOLs have been had, as well as your well-deserved comeback in Smash. We had so many epic games in Jump too; cheers for teaching me the game! I now have a couple more decks that I'm keen to use against you.

Amaterasu: I hope I spelt that right, lol. You're such a nice guy and so very knowledgeable. Well done on doing so well. You're a great player, so hearing any sort of compliment from you is so reassuring. Cheers for the kind words. Hopefully we'll be able to have some more games one day, and I'll learn how to recover (or do anything, lol) against your pro Meta Knight.

Silfa: Ah Jon. Such a nice dood. Sounds like you did quite well, which is expected ‘cause your DK is epic. I’m gonna have to play your DK some more, as I still fail at the match up with Marth. :p It was great to finally meet you, as well as play you. Cheers for all the friendlies; it’s always good fun when you’re up for a fight.

Scabe: Scabies! Too pro, man. I love your Link and Jiggs, even though I didn’t get to see much of her at Rocky. Double Jiggs ftw. You’re so nice and really fun to play with, so cheers for everything, dood. You’ve also reminded me that I need to get a working camera.

Apollo: It’s always good to meet up with A-N members, and you’re no exception. I had heaps of fun in the massive amount of matches we had, so thanks! It looks like you’ll be going to SQUAT, so I look forward to seeing you there.

Corpse: Congratulations on the win! Absolutely amazing Toon Link. I can see why Alzi loves you so much.

Dekar: You randomly picking up DK and gimping me like a ***** in pools was too pro, man. I’ll get my revenge next time. Well done in doubles in both Smash games. You’re quite the player, and a cool guy.

Earl: Really nice Meta Knight. Congrats on doing well in singles. You’re so good at getting those grabs in, and shutting down my Marth’s options. You’re a pretty chill dood, and fun to play.

Lycan: I was surprised to see you at Rocky, in a good way of course! We had some pretty rad matches with bylim and Apollo. You’re so fun to play with and you use heaps of characters which is always good. I might see you on Wi-Fi one day again, haha.

Dedu: Cheers for teaming with me in Melee. I didn’t think I would find anyone to play with on such short notice, so it was good that you offered. We might not have done too well, but it was good fun.

I’m probably forgetting a few people, so sorry about my fail memory. I’m sure everyone would agree that the atmosphere at Rocky was brilliant. Overall, I had a great time in Melbourne. I kinda wish I got to meet a few more people and do better in Brawl, but there’s always next time. In case anyone was wondering, I was the dood walking around with Krispy Kremes (<3) at the start of the first day, and the guy with the epic bed hair on the second. Like I said before, this was perfect for my first tournament, and I hope to go to more. Too good.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Just watched the doubles matches.
Its gotta be said that SNAKES WIN DOUBLES!
Love watching your Snake in teams Luke so aware of everything, come to squat!
Corpse's Snake is so unorthodox its hectic
Chris was playing weird :S didn't seem how he usually plays

Sirias

Smash Champion
Yeah, he was playing really odd.
Maybe not that good under the pressure or felt sick or something. :C
Hopefully at SQUAT Chris will play his bestest. <3

I'm taking up Snoike,

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Chris will **** everyone at SQUAT. Undergoing secret training programs as we speak. I'm gonna take up brawl aswell although I doubt i'll enter any tournies. Maybe....

thanks for the vids shaya. They are suprisingly tense for brawl doubles which im usually not a fan of.

S.D

Smash Master
TY for starting the vid quest Shaya <3 we all really appreciate it a LOT.

Once everything is uploaded I think I might make a handy index to put in the OP like Genesis, so you can just link to the matches you want to see.

Shower then vids then uni or something... zzz...

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
Bah...Odd is good
You guys better own it up in Squat and not leave me all alone scared in the brackets as the only guy from Qld* like in Rocky! =.=

*Sorta

-Oh and yes, thanks Shaya for uploading, GJ

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Pssh Chris we needs more train togthaar you should never lose to a Snake even in doubles!
Urgh Kas sif play Snakey ur only allowed Ike and only allowed to Side-B.
Lol melee videos so much better, Kas last stock is broke.
If you play Brawl Rob use Falcon :)

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
NOOO kas vs dekar match 2 isnt there? tear T-T i wanted to pretend i was at rocky watching but now i will never know!

Lol, main brawl falcon? I'll train my brawl falcon on chris till he's as good as my melee falcon.

I.E. ***** alot of people.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
thank god for that
i wanna see the last match vs accelerate
i'll probably throw up

Sirias

Smash Champion
Yeah, Jiggs on Marth isn't very fun. I'm not too fussed that it's lost either. I only really want to watch the last match with CAO, see wtf I was doing. XD
I still have no idea why you chose her, but I guess you were trying to do some rest kills or something, oh well.

Ugh, almost over my flu/cold.
If anyone is ever sick anymore, I'm seriously just going to quarantine you right then and there.
NOT getting sick again.
EVER.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
my thought process: "HMM so this kas guy thinks he just not ban anything and win, huh? ima take this fool to dreamland with PUFF, son. man i'm good at marth jiggs, but there's no way he's that good at the matchup, after all, HE'S NOT DEKAR, YEEEEHBOI, time to teach this ***** who's BOSS YEEEEEAH i've pretty much WON ALREADY, GJ DEKAR GG KAS"
*sad trombone*

Alzi

Smash Master
Watched the grand final vids lol. Nice shield break meteor master. Ahh snakes uptilt is the most lol move in the whole game.

Was good to watch since all of you guys in that game were pro and my eyes didn't know on who to be looking at then i heard screaming then looked at the shield break and was like OH OH aswell.

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
Watched the grand final vids lol. Nice shield break meteor master. Ahh snakes uptilt is the most lol move in the whole game.

Was good to watch since all of you guys in that game were pro and my eyes didn't know on who to be looking at then i heard screaming then looked at the shield break and was like OH OH aswell.

Alzi link me to the vid im too lazy lol

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
H8 @ scott for starting that.

nah I started it, I get full credit

To quote Luke: "Mooooooooole"
I never actually said that

Oh man I wish I didnt suicide like 3 times in the doubles grand finals :( Oh well, theres always next time!
I wish ted hadnt suicided in that first set because then we would have won it, works both ways kiddo

I think the real stroke of bad luck was my tripping at that crucial moment on halberd...
nah the real stroke of luck was that if I had utilted right away to punish your trip you would have had invincibility through it, but I missed the button and did it a second time which luckly you had started to roll, and I sure do love the range on that utilt.

get quote *****.

anyways I'm coming to squat so chill, thanks for the kind words jbirds, you me and arrow will do some crazy snake training while I'm down there!

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
Ledge - I did not make a rule on the spot; It is extremely poor show to take what? 8 minutes or more to counterpick a stage. As a TO I'm meant to make sure things actually run. Your ineptitude in this manner was perfectly within my rights to question and threaten.
huh? 8 minutes, thats way over exadurated we were just going through and making sure we made the right choice considering both your chars were both our worst MUs. but you were talking to us as if we didnt have a chance, and that it wouldnt matter what we picked you would still win, was like you were trying to get us to hurry up so you could get this win over with and vs a harder team, poor sportsmanship if you ask me, its not nice to talk down on people just because you dont know who we are :/.

But i dont hate you or anything, you just act as if your a more important person sometimes, and it anoys me especially when you do it to me, ohh and the thought put into CP stage payed off :p.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Your voice is awesome Jason! Way to highlight the tensions between Melee and Brawl >_> If anything, Rocky proved the games can get along just fine :)

Good job to Ryan adding in the YAYYUHZZZ

Billy your voice sounds good in an interview, easy to follow! :)

Myst Walker

Smash Apprentice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSoAaps3qo#t=7m20s

Oh god. Sakurai successfully trolling us halfway around the world, he's probably cackling away in glee somewhere.

---

Anyways, for those that would like to know the results of other tournaments at BAM

http://www.couchwarriors.org/smf/index.php?topic=2374.0

*cough*Melty Blood results and brackets are a post down*cough*

---

http://www.level3.org.au/?a=podcasts

Listen to the whole podcast guys, it's pretty great, and it has a whole lot of interesting bits of info about the scene, and all the communities in general. If you listen long enough, there's **** about girls and smash so get to it! *shameless plug*

Oh, but you can ignore the parts where I speak. lols. Skip past it and you'll get to hear Unreon speak!

---

Bjayyyyy, final exam done, you'll be happy to know I nailed all but one tiny part of it =)

Afk recuperating. On a random note I think I've posted more on smash boards in this week then in the past year =S

kupo

Smash Lord
Thanks Shaya for updating vids! I'm particularly not looking forward to watching my matches against Kas (mainly due to poor play by me). Im certain that my matches against Ryan weren't recorded *sadface*. I'll watch regardless for the commentary!

Watching brawl doubles, cos teams are maaaaad funs!

Edit:
Where do i get this pod cast? im curious >_>

Edit2:

Thanks you both!

Top Bottom