• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridiculous Laws

Epic Kovumon

Smash Journeyman
What are some of the most ridiculous laws you've ever heard?

For example: Alabama, "It is illegal to wear a fake mustache that causes laughter in church."

UberMario

Smash Master
Dogs and cats are legal in California, yet destroy wildlife. Ferrets are illegal there and are incapable of producing feral populations.

So only animals that have had disastrous results on the enviornment are legal. What the heck?

sammy p

Smash Lord
illinois:
one may not PEE in his neighbors mouth.... *shudders*
one may not fish while siting on a giraffes neck....... (?)

@omnicron: o my GOODNESS!!!!!

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Eh In Ireland there is a "Blasphemy law"

In Ireland, blasphemy is prohibited by the constitution and carries a maximum fine of €25,000. A controversial law was brought into law on 9 July 2009 making blasphemous libel a crime for material "that is grossly abusive or insulting in relation to matters held sacred by any religion, thereby causing outrage among a substantial number of the adherents of that religion; and he or she intends, by the publication of the matter concerned, to cause such outrage".

Basically we are all brought up to believe that Jesus/god is the one true god.
But if we outspokenly offend someone,it's a mother****ing €25000 fine!
Even though our country is predominantly Catholic.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
In Nebraska, it is illegal to hunt whales.

If I remember correctly there is a law in some city in Illinois or Iowa, that states "bees are legally not allowed on the street"... wtf?

Also I think in California, it is illegal to harpoon a whale from the balcony of a third floor.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
In Ohio, its illegal to get a fish drunk

EDIT:
@QUIVO: SRSLY? Oh dang. I do that all the time.
Ohwait...i do remember my dad yelling at me to wear shoes when i drive....

mzink*

Smash Ace
In Michigan it is against the law for a woman to get a haircut without her husbands permission.

Tacel

Smash Lord
I heard somewhere that it's illegal to mispronounce Arkansas while in the state of Arkansas.
Probably because there is a secret sauce called Arken Sauce.

peregrine monkey

Smash Apprentice
In Toronto, Canada, it's illegal to drag a dead horse down Yonge Street on Sunday. Also, it's illegal to tightrope over a main street, but side streets are fine.

Also, in British Columbia, it's illegal to kill a Sasquatch.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
In northwestern florida: "one tardy will lead to a detention. theres 5 minutes till the tardy bell"
i find this rule really stupid, its like they WANT children to fail

Florida
-Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal.

i LOLd so hard:laugh:
I heard of that porcupine law too on the internet. I literally almost fell out of my seat.

Seriously why does America(and other parts of the world) come up with the most stupidest laws.... well I can get why omnis law is there.... I guess its disrespectfull to take a religious book into a bathroom where you get naked and well...... anyways seriously fish while on a giraffes neck? That has to be the most stupidest law ever. I dont even know if you can find a giraffe in the streets of illinios..... well if you see melman there I guess you would know why but still.....

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
In Nebraska, it is illegal to hunt whales.

If I remember correctly there is a law in some city in Illinois or Iowa, that states "bees are legally not allowed on the street"... wtf?

Also I think in California, it is illegal to harpoon a whale from the balcony of a third floor.
I wonder how you'd be able to do it in the first place..

quinn95

Smash Journeyman
In texas there are these funny ones:

A recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.

------------------------

The entire Encyclopedia Britannica is banned in Texas because it contains a formula for making beer at home.

-----------------------------

When two trains meet each other at a railroad crossing, each shall come to a full stop, and neither shall proceed until the other has gone.

-----------------------------

There are more but they are sort of mature. XD don't want to be infracted!!

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
But seriously? Ill have to remember to ask my law studies teacher on monday why states make such stupid laws. Cant harpoon a while on a balcony of the third floor. Do they realize how illogical and unlikely that would be? And even if a whale did come I think Id kill it from up close

.Marik

is a social misfit
It is against the law in Quebec for margarine to be the same colour as butter.

In Canada, it's also illegal to not guard any fishing holes you make in the ice.

UberMario

Smash Master
Here are a couple:

Florida

It is illegal to sell your children.

Iowa

Horses are forbidden to eat fire hydrants.

Kentucky

Dogs may not molest cars.

New Mexico

Hunting is prohibited in Mountain View Cemetery.

New York

Slippers are not to be worn after 10:00 PM.

A man can’t go outside while wearing a jacket and pants that do not match.

During a concert, it is illegal to eat peanuts and walk backwards on the sidewalks.

People may not slurp their soup.

Rhode Island

No one may bite off another's leg.

It is considered an offense to throw pickle juice on a trolley.

Utah

It is against the law to fish from horseback.

It is illegal not to drink milk.

Birds have the right of way on all highways.

Alcohol may not be sold during an emergency.

It is illegal to cause a catastrophe.

Top Bottom