• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Melee2! RESULTS THREAD WILL BE UP SOON!

What Format do you guys prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

strawhats

Smash Master
ahh how far the metagame has come...to think that a matchup that was once found considerably in marth's favor could change drastcally over the span of 2 yrs. is unbelievable.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Marth definitely has some naaaasty stuff on Ganon, but at the same time, Ganon is really good rivaling Marth's range, and even beating it some times. Marth's just really fragile vs Ganon it seems, and it's really hard for either character to get in. I agree with Kage, realistically the matchup is about even, but considering Marth is way more used than Ganon, he has tons more experience in that matchup than I do. I way rather go Fox.

Actually, now's a good time to mention it. If there are any Ganon/Falcons who are just willing to play a TON of friendlies with me, for like hours, I NEED that. Otherwise, I go Fox in tourney. But, I want a really good Ganon/Falcon to play against for a long time.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
ahh how far the metagame has come...to think that a matchup that was once found considerably in marth's favor could change drastcally over the span of 2 yrs. is unbelievable.
Because the way I play bull****s Marth completely which is why I say for myself that I have the advantage over any Marth player. And now everyone is questioning why Ganon could do so well vs Marth.. well I love it.. changing people's mind in general was one of my goals. =P

JFox

Smash Hero
alright kage, settle down...we all know ur the warrior but no one likes a dude who rides his own meat ;)

p.s. we should blaze again when u come to ROM :)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
alright kage, settle down...we all know ur the warrior but no one likes a dude who rides his own meat ;)

p.s. we should blaze again when u come to ROM :)
I'm just saying how I feel, is there anything wrong with that? I don't think so.. people can judge how they want I don't care..

But ya blazing sounds fun. =)

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
He better just move to NJ. And up North for that matter cuz I hate traveling like an hour to play Eggm even though he lives in the same small a** state as me lol

Ugh Marth v Ganon...

I think Im teaming with the legendary Alejandro_P for this

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Are you serious? This is the second place I've seen you talk **** about my tournament for basically no reason. It's quite obvious you've never been to any of my tournaments because you'd know they're worth the money. It's not cheap, but I don't go for cheap and ****ty, I go for a bit more expensive and high quality. If I wanted cheap and low key i'd go to a chus basement biweekly.

I wouldn't HAVE to increase the price if people would not always wait until the very last minute. But unfortunately without incentive, people DON'T register early. That's human nature. The money isn't even substantial, it's just SOMETHING to get people to register.

How would you propose I raise the money beforehand other than doing this? If the venue money is due November 1st, what should I do? Had I not raised the price, I'd have no money to pay for it at all.

So don't say I'm "fvcking it up" when you have no idea what it's like to run a tournament of this size while being able to put the sufficient time and organization into catering to the delicate balance smashers have of laziness, procrastination, and cheapness.

/endrant
I stay talking **** about your tournament cause it's wild expensive. $50 for singles? Get the fvck out of here, you truly think no one is gonna have hard feelings paying that when they sit down next to someone who paid $15? That will always be a problem. If you need the money so bad do preregistration months before hand like you did and take a loan out to pay the difference the week before you have to pay the venue. As preregistration continues you pay off the loan and collect what you spent to pay it off. You can get the money from family and friends as well. Like you said you been running these tournaments and this is Pound numba 4. Your fam and friends should know by now that it will be successful and it isn't a new tournament you're testing out.

HBK what do you mean "Ugh Marth Ganon"? You were kicking my a$$.

Kage I wanna play your Ganon with my Marth. I think I can take you. No MM, aw fvck it $5 MM the Canadian Ganon vs my Marth?

DJ Your Marth vs my Ganon $5MM?

Plarrink I wasn't trying to take any legitimacy away from your tournaments, I was just showing my dissent for those price raises. No hard feeling? MM?

JFox

Smash Hero
He better just move to NJ. And up North for that matter cuz I hate traveling like an hour to play Eggm even though he lives in the same small a** state as me lol

Ugh Marth v Ganon...

I think Im teaming with the legendary Alejandro_P for this
ughhh, marth vs ganon...another character HBK probably sucks at edgegaurding :laugh:

ganon blows dude. quit bein a scrub and learn to use that shieldbreaker ya fairy

Divinokage

Smash Legend
ughhh, marth vs ganon...another character HBK probably sucks at edgegaurding :laugh:

ganon blows dude. quit bein a scrub and learn to use that shieldbreaker ya fairy
No he doesn't blow!

I stay talking **** about your tournament cause it's wild expensive. $50 for singles? Get the fvck out of here, you truly think no one is gonna have hard feelings paying that when they sit down next to someone who paid $15? That will always be a problem. If you need the money so bad do preregistration months before hand like you did and take a loan out to pay the difference the week before you have to pay the venue. As preregistration continues you pay off the loan and collect what you spent to pay it off. You can get the money from family and friends as well. Like you said you been running these tournaments and this is Pound numba 4. Your fam and friends should know by now that it will be successful and it isn't a new tournament you're testing out.

HBK what do you mean "Ugh Marth Ganon"? You were kicking my a$$.

Kage I wanna play your Ganon with my Marth. I think I can take you. No MM, aw fvck it $5 MM the Canadian Ganon vs my Marth?

DJ Your Marth vs my Ganon $5MM?

Plarrink I wasn't trying to take any legitimacy away from your tournaments, I was just showing my dissent for those price raises. No hard feeling? MM?
Me & Chops are gonna start ****** once he moves up here. Team Tomahawk all day!

Fight my Marth, Kage lol.
I'm gonna yes to all of that! Marth challenge eh? =P

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Well the registration ahead of time and the high prices aren't really that much of a difference. The price has only been raised $5 thus far, as it was originally 35/45 dollars for singles/teams.

The venue fee is included in the price, along with a guarantee of at least 50 setups for each game, and most likely way more for melee (64+). You don't have to pay for or worry about parking at all because it's on the fairgrounds, and the venue is just HUGE and really nice. Like I said the money is a bit more because of the quality of the tournament and what I'm providing, but you WILL get way more out of your tourney experience and have a ton more fun. Not to mention the tourney is 3 days, not 1, so paying a bit more should be expected!

Also I need to get people to register for more than monetary issues. It helps prove the legitimacy of the event to the venue since it's the first time i've used it and to the other things i've looked into (hotel deals, the shuttle to and from the hotel, etc) so that they trust more this won't fall through because i'm sure everyone gets tons of plans people don't -actually- follow through with. Preregistration ahead of time for months helps me to get a head count, rather than preparing for a 250 man tourney and opening registraton 3 weeks before the tournament and seeing 800 entrants. That would be horrible.

Like you said no hard feelings, but I just wanted to voice that I'm not just making it be expensive because I'm a **** or just want more money, the extra money is going to the pot anyway to be split up or will go to pay out crews if we have time to do that.

Oh and yeah, MM

Alex Strife

Smash Hero

who are you and why dont u go to tournaments XD

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Either sheik or fox, depends on the day I guess. Or both of them. Either way, $5 works

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Nah Tipman, I'll have to decline. I only wanna fight Kage's Ganon with Marth just because this whole Marth Vs. Ganon matchup thing came up with him lol. I'll fight your Ganon in a friendly but not a money match. It has nothing to do with me not being confident in winning.

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Ganon vs Fox/Sheik? Nah, if I end up winning maybe, lol.

No problem DJ. Just make sure he doesn't try paying you in that funny looking Monopoly money they use up north. Only thing you could buy with that here is Baltic avenue.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
i need to make an mm list

but i kno i have one with dj and tipman lol i think double peach v double bowser for dj and then a falcon ganon for tipman

oh and a FIFTY DOLLA MONEY MATCH WITH MATT DOT ZEB. mad hype hyp ehype

edit: im seriously gonna stomp this ***** out ima clockwork on his dark prince ***

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Ganon vs Fox/Sheik? Nah, if I end up winning maybe, lol.

No problem DJ. Just make sure he doesn't try paying you in that funny looking Monopoly money they use up north. Only thing you could buy with that here is Baltic avenue.
I smiled broadly at this post.

I'd say I laughed but it wasn't QUITE there.

But it was hella close.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
MM List:
TheManaLord - $5 Pokeballs only
Phish-It (Murt) - $5
Roman - $5
JFox - $5
HBK - $5
ChainAce - $5
Pistbag - $5
Mogwai - $5
Kage - $5
TheManaLord - $10. 20 stock, 1 vs 1 crew battle.
Tipman - $10
Linguini - $10
Phish-It (Ganon) - $10
TheManaLord - $50

Who else son?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Nah Tipman, I'll have to decline. I only wanna fight Kage's Ganon with Marth just because this whole Marth Vs. Ganon matchup thing came up with him lol. I'll fight your Ganon in a friendly but not a money match. It has nothing to do with me not being confident in winning.
What's it about then? What do you want to prove, that you can possibly 10-0 me?

Monopoly money? At least it's not as bland and stinky like yours lol.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
I need a teams partner for this!

I'm not a terrible player and I play sheik who is good for teams!

I have some matches on youtube if you wanna watch I guess, not looking for an amazing pro partner or anything...

DVDA

Smash Apprentice
MM List:
TheManaLord - $5 Pokeballs only
Phish-It (Murt) - $5
Roman - $5
JFox - $5
HBK - $5
ChainAce - $5
Pistbag - $5
Mogwai - $5
Kage - $5
TheManaLord - $10. 20 stock, 1 vs 1 crew battle.
Tipman - $10
Linguini - $10
Phish-It (Ganon) - $10
TheManaLord - $50

Who else son?
Me! I asked last page lol $5

I need a teams partner for this!

I'm not a terrible player and I play sheik who is good for teams!

I have some matches on youtube if you wanna watch I guess, not looking for an amazing pro partner or anything...
I wouldn't mind entering with a random teammate. I'd wanna play some matches b4 the tournament though.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
i need to make an mm list

but i kno i have one with dj and tipman lol i think double peach v double bowser for dj and then a falcon ganon for tipman

oh and a FIFTY DOLLA MONEY MATCH WITH MATT DOT ZEB. mad hype hyp ehype

edit: im seriously gonna stomp this ***** out ima clockwork on his dark prince ***
Please record this 50 dollar money match, and its at least best out of 5 right??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom