• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of Melee2! RESULTS THREAD WILL BE UP SOON!

What Format do you guys prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

R3N0

Smash Lord
lol this is definitely my first time in this thread.. i just made a sig for ROM2 though, what do u guys think?

words so that the sig will show l;kjlaj4kl6ja4;lkja

strawhats

Smash Master

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Mango =\= Jman. Keep on dreaming

KevinM Im def dwn for that lol. Too good! But first we have to actually get matches in lol. And I think Im like the only person to ever play Virus. So I have a pretty accurate anaylsis of his skill...

Reno my sig is better, but I wnt show it because I know you get upset.

strawhats

Smash Master
I wanna see m2k play like that but a bit moore efficient w/. his edgeduards..like gimps of the stage.. SH fair to dair edge guard and up b kills off the stage...you know kinda like how Jason used to kill people in his fancy little ways. even his m2k combo where he does up tilits from grab/ up tilts on spacies on/below platforms to a reverse dair spike when they are off the stage.

Other than that m2k looks like he did from 2k8 right now. (still probably wont beat mango but might beat his falco if he were to play like he did in those vids but w/. better edgeguarding like I already mentioned).

P.S. this is the first time i've seen anyone other than maybe mango **** Jman like that...shock. I remember when 2k9 m2k was just a seed. lol

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Guini don't lie. You hand pick your MM's. If I'm lying then why did you run away from my offer? You're the best Ganon, just beat me like I beat Eddie back in the day to keep it official. $5 -$10, which one you want?

Mana you're hilarious. I got the piff get at me.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i would never get drunk during pound, theres too much on my plate to **** up XD

after though on monday night im going out and celebrating downtown. someones gonna be carrying me home ^^

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I wanna see m2k play like that but a bit moore efficient w/. his edgeduards..like gimps of the stage.. SH fair to dair edge guard and up b kills off the stage...you know kinda like how Jason used to kill people in his fancy little ways. even his m2k combo where he does up tilits from grab/ up tilts on spacies on/below platforms to a reverse dair spike when they are off the stage.

Other than that m2k looks like he did from 2k8 right now. (still probably wont beat mango but might beat his falco if he were to play like he did in those vids but w/. better edgeguarding like I already mentioned).

P.S. this is the first time i've seen anyone other than maybe mango **** Jman like that...shock. I remember when 2k9 m2k was just a seed. lol
Are you High or something? You do realize that Jman and M2K Play all the time and know each other very well. You also Realize that Jman had to wait like 2 hours or a little more to play this set right? You do also realize that individual player have individual styles with their characters right? You do realize that Jman(As great as he is) Still isn't mango right?:chuckle: Please man don't make anymore post about M2K. It was funny at first but it's starting to scare me now bro...honestly.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
makes sense to me. making all the arrangements for a tournament of that size costs money, so the TOs need to get cash from the people attending ASAP. jacking the price as time goes on is a way to get people to pay early so that you can get the cash on time to make things happen. Besides, the price jacking is just $2.50/event/month, which isn't that bad. $50 for Venue + Melee Singles and Doubles is the same price as the same thing as Genesis and this is after 2 monthly price increases have occurred already.

seems to me that they need to fix attending both events though cause it seems unreasonably steep for players who play both games.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i signed up for $35 for singles + doubles which was very reasonable (the same price as a socal regional last week)

plank promised refunds from the start so there was absolutely zero reason not to sign up at that point if you had any chance of going. if you have to pay 50 now or 55 next week, that's completely on you

you don't seem to understand having to put down thousands of dollars months before to reserve a venue

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Guini don't lie. You hand pick your MM's. If I'm lying then why did you run away from my offer? You're the best Ganon, just beat me like I beat Eddie back in the day to keep it official. $5 -$10, which one you want?

Mana you're hilarious. I got the piff get at me.
Debatable, I don't like statements like that. =P

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Cheap is an understatement Kage, and calling him a warrior is just wrong. :-P

In all honest though, I probably won't do any MM's or friendlies vs Ganon players. Can't stand that ******, nothing against you personally. :)

Only matchups I have trouble with using Marth is Ganon and Falcon. ****'s too hard for me.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Last I checked it was $40 for singles for Pound. They're on some "increase the entrance fees to attract attendance" bullh!t.
Are you serious? This is the second place I've seen you talk **** about my tournament for basically no reason. It's quite obvious you've never been to any of my tournaments because you'd know they're worth the money. It's not cheap, but I don't go for cheap and ****ty, I go for a bit more expensive and high quality. If I wanted cheap and low key i'd go to a chus basement biweekly.

I wouldn't HAVE to increase the price if people would not always wait until the very last minute. But unfortunately without incentive, people DON'T register early. That's human nature. The money isn't even substantial, it's just SOMETHING to get people to register.

How would you propose I raise the money beforehand other than doing this? If the venue money is due November 1st, what should I do? Had I not raised the price, I'd have no money to pay for it at all.

So don't say I'm "fvcking it up" when you have no idea what it's like to run a tournament of this size while being able to put the sufficient time and organization into catering to the delicate balance smashers have of laziness, procrastination, and cheapness.

/endrant

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Cheap is an understatement Kage, and calling him a warrior is just wrong. :-P

In all honest though, I probably won't do any MM's or friendlies vs Ganon players. Can't stand that ******, nothing against you personally. :)

Only matchups I have trouble with using Marth is Ganon and Falcon. ****'s too hard for me.
You are basically the ONLY one who says that.. even though Marth/Ganon is close even and Falcon/Marth is close to even too.

Alukard

Smash Hero
nah fox falco is easier hands down ... lolol

but i'm going to be accepting money matches at this so run up to me day 1 during crews i should be all warmed up and stuff =]

pakman ... i do need help getting somekind of online registration thing going >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom