• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recovery Tier List

Maybe not as bad, but it's still pretty bad. F*cking fair/bair eats through bombs/missiles anyday. And a tipped anything while offstage is so frustrating.
True, but Samus can weave in and out of Marth's fair/bair range pretty easily. If Marth misses with a fair/bair, he takes a while to get back to the ledge, giving Samus a free recovery as well as stage control.

****ing sheik gets back to the ledge almost instantly with her up-B and can force you back almost indefinitely. Not to mention if you make a mistake and move into that diagonal needle range, you can get ledgehop reverse needled, which gay as ****.

Exelcior

Smash Rookie
True, but Samus can weave in and out of Marth's fair/bair range pretty easily. If Marth misses with a fair/bair, he takes a while to get back to the ledge, giving Samus a free recovery as well as stage control.

****ing sheik gets back to the ledge almost instantly with her up-B and can force you back almost indefinitely. Not to mention if you make a mistake and move into that diagonal needle range, you can get ledgehop reverse needled, which gay as ****.
True... once you get needled... you might as well choke yourself with your grapple >_<

Stevo

Smash Champion
anyone else find that Mario's recovery is pretty good?

I know its almost the same as Doc's but the few key differences make a big impact.

Im not saying he is "High tier" or whatever for recovery, but still.

Smash Master
Doc can also sweetspot much more easily than the other two.

Magic hands.
For real, even Marth's f-smash can't cover Doc hugging the wall and hitting him with Up-B and Doc staying far enough to grab ledge with magic hands.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
anyone else find that Mario's recovery is pretty good?

I know its almost the same as Doc's but the few key differences make a big impact.

Im not saying he is "High tier" or whatever for recovery, but still.
Mario's recovery *****. Not high tier, but **** close imo.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
crap, but something to work with

top: puff, m2
high: peach, samus, pikachu, pichu fox
upper: falco, zelda, marth, IC
middle: gw, mario, doc, dk, link, y. link, sheik
low:luigi, ganon, falcon, kirby, bowser
bottom:sopopo, yoshi roy, ness

Geist

Smash Master
imo Link has a much better recovery low tier. Maybe as high as Zelda, definitely not worse than Luigi >_> Also, can YL bomb jump? I can't remember lmao

But it looks like a decent list. I dunno about Peach having better recovery than Samus, once Peach is below the stage she doesn't have much to do.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I must have been editing cuz I don't have link in low. and he is higher than weegy. yl cannot bomb jump. BJ's are more gimmicky imo, you feel successful when you get em but Ez edge guard.

I think more people have easier times guarding samus than peach. also if she comes high thats free recovery. and she can do that wait ****. but I can see it going either way.(peach can get a lil vertical boost with the side b on some stages)

elaborate doesn't equal better. thats why m2 is top with puff. puff can accomplish recovery **** that is just stupid how good it is.

Violence

Smash Lord
If Samus comes in high, you can't really edgeguard her either. And Samus can mess up timing with waits just like Peach can. And Samus as a grapple like Peach has a bomber.

The recoveries are pretty equal, imo.

MalwareDie

Smash Cadet
Why do you have Link below DK? I find Spinning Kong easier to beat than Link's options.

KAOSTAR said:
holding the edge goes a long way vs alot of people.
I don't see how DK takes the ledge with more ease than Link. Link has more options and can use projectiles to ward off the opponent.

THeDarKnesS

Smash Journeyman
IMO DK is harder to edgeguard and gets solid ledge tech up Bs that are hard to punish. Links recovery isnt all that good. If samus's grapple was getting laughed at then links is an Asian Pen**

Doc King

Smash Lord
Why the hell is Falco in upper tier and link in middle tier, Link has a long grapple, bomb recovery, and some other stuff. Also, Falco is somewhat easy to gimp and his recovery is pretty limited. And also, Samus should be above Peach and into the top tier.

Imo, this is a messed up tier list.

Stevo

Smash Champion
Falco is not as bad at recovering as most people think.

if falco is above the stage it usually becomes a guessing/mind game.

below the stage is bad news for him but if he has his high double jump he should be alright.

stall with down-b, cancel illusion

options are there.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Why the hell is Falco in upper tier and link in middle tier, Link has a long grapple, bomb recovery, and some other stuff. Also, Falco is somewhat easy to gimp and his recovery is pretty limited. And also, Samus should be above Peach and into the top tier.

Imo, this is a messed up tier list.
falco is gimpable, but even m2k misses edgeguards sometimes. falco has alot of options.

link has grapple and up b. bomb jump isn't that good, no other stuff. im inclined to move him up a little just because of watching germ vs ss. but within the same tier. I can see it being better than the up b brothers based on options and similar distances. his up b isn't amazing vertically and very predictable. most characters can dair him or hit him banking on the trade so they survive. his horizontal sucks. his overall distance sucks. ez edgeguard.

samus isn't top. above peach, maybe. they are pretty close. peach stalls better, full aerial arsenal and if hit up high can float back for free.

im down to listen to why samus is above peach...?

my opinion, ur welcome to post yours.
middle: gw, link, mario, doc, dk, y. link, sheik

Doc King

Smash Lord
Also another thing about Falco's recovery is that it's kind of slow. I don't know how Mario, Doc, and Falco are above Falcon and Ganon. This list is Fail!

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
im not set on keeping him there. I figured people would discuss and we could work **** out. I just wanted a decent starting point that wasn't ********.

but gw has good vertical. and its fast. not good like marth, but probably better than alot of people below him. being able to quickly sweet spot from that low is pretty useful.. I can see it being lower. gw is light.

imo everyone's recovery is flawed except m2s and puffs aka least flawed lol. I think m2 has the best but puff can actually go much further, more than whats practical. but its slow.

if m2 had a hitbox it would ****. also m2 doesn't have as many attempts as puff.

so everything is subjective.

@doc king-subtle troll

smakis

Smash Ace
Also another thing about Falco's recovery is that it's kind of slow. I don't know how Mario, Doc, and Falco are above Falcon and Ganon. This list is Fail!
how is it fail? falcon/ganon jumps, down b, jumps, up b, gets hit back out, repeat

the marios can at least make it back to the stage if they are within distance, they can be a pain to edgeguard

once falcons start edgecancel his up b more I can see him move up (really requires a platform though)

and even if Falco doesn't reach very far he can mix up his recovery in a bunch of ways, granted once he is forced to up b below the edge he is kinda screwed =P

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
suck less looool

idk about platform edgecancels and nonsense but on fd there's no excuse to miss because you can always just do the ezmode f-smashes/rest

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
puff actually has some difficulty with falcon's recovery because she has a hard time gaining height and falcon can actually move kinda far and change directions, unlike fox's recovery where he can either move forward with lag or charge in place for a second before moving linearly.

the only problems i have edge guarding falcon is when he can just grab the edge with his jump before i get there, but i play marth and fox so.....

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
OK so im gonna make the 4th one any1 wanna help with it?

fix that one

MalwareDie

Smash Cadet
There is no point to him asking the question. Doc King will just place Samus at #2, place Falcon and Ganondorf high up on the tier list, place Falco low on the list, and make the same bunch of errors as always.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
u know. why do we get to say falcon's recovery sucks? SS is sooo good at it.

like better than luigi good at it. maybe most falcons just do it wrong.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Thank you KAOSTAR and Falco's recovery sucks man. He's a fastfaller, a low double jump, a very long up b recovery, a only decent side B, and a wall jump but it doesn't really matter that much. Pretty much just 2 of Marf's forward aireals and Falco is pretty much done.

Also, Falcon and Ganon can do a kick to get there extra double jump back and some other stuff. Samus I think has superior recovery, a grapple, wall jump, bomb recovery, floatiness, and a pretty good triple jump.

http://www.ssbwiki.com/User:Doc_King/Made_up_Tier_Lists/4th_SSBM_Recovery_Tier_List

I already made the 4th recovery tier list, you guys can check it out if you want. :)

Doc King

Smash Lord
Falco is definately not an upper tier character. He's really easy to gimp and basically has a hard time with them. Also, how is Mario and Doc's recovery better than Links when Link has a grapple and bomb recovery?

Smash Master
Thank you KAOSTAR and Falco's recovery sucks man. He's a fastfaller, a low double jump, a very long up b recovery, a only decent side B, and a wall jump but it doesn't really matter that much. Pretty much just 2 of Marf's forward aireals and Falco is pretty much done.
No, just no. Stop posting itt please.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Come on he's above Link! That's crazy! Also, why is pika above pichu, Pichu has a wall jump?

My list is a lot better than this one.

Top Bottom