• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recovery Tier List

GOD!

Smash Ace
Ok, but yoshis fait definitely still does give him horizontal distance.

That along with his airdodge, super armor, and big 2nd jump means at least high tier. Probably as good as peaches recovery.

Nogzor'z

Smash Journeyman
Im going to assume that you meant to say "yoshi's Fair"... and if this was the case, no it does not give extra horizontal movement.

GOD!

Smash Ace
omg your so stupid... yeah yoshis fair definitely does give her horizontal momentum. Just like foxes uair and peaches nair. Dude seriously you dont know anything about smash bros so gtfo out loooooool noob xD

GOD!

Smash Ace
Lol wait really its a double edge sword I didn't know I thought yoshi super armor was always active...
1st indicator
I thought yoshi got his 2nd jump back after he got hit after super armor faded though..
Should have been obvious
doesn't his up b get a little boost though?
not much just like a body length?
Ok, but yoshis fait definitely still does give him horizontal distance.

That along with his airdodge, super armor, and big 2nd jump means at least high tier. Probably as good as peaches recovery.
Really obvious by now

and I ended with the insult for no reason. that was an ok combo i feel like..

GOD!

Smash Ace
hey look incredibly broad statement which doesnt actually state anything

it could mean his recover is really good or garbage. depending on who's rating

and if I wanted to be cool I would sure as hell wouldn't reply to your provocative posts

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
Great recovery-
Puff
Peach/samus
pika
link
mewtwo

Good Recovery-
Kirby? when he aint completely dead
pichu
sheik/marth/Ylink
Zelda/mario/fox
ICs
Yoshi

Average-
G&W
Ganon
falcon/Dk

Poop-
Luigi
falco/doc
Bowser
Ness
Roy

Pragmatic

Smash Journeyman
omg your so stupid... yeah yoshis fair definitely does give her horizontal momentum. Just like foxes uair and peaches nair. Dude seriously you dont know anything about smash bros so gtfo out loooooool noob xD
Says the person who uses trolling as an excuse to cover up his excessive lack of knowledge regarding Yoshi's recovery.

MalwareDie

Smash Cadet
Great recovery-
Puff
Peach/samus
pika
link
mewtwo

Good Recovery-
Kirby? when he aint completely dead
pichu
sheik/marth/Ylink
Zelda/mario/fox
ICs
Yoshi

Average-
G&W
Ganon
falcon/Dk

Poop-
Luigi
falco/doc
Bowser
Ness
Roy

Awful list.

TheGoat

Smash Ace
wow you're so cool

AHEM on topic

falco's recovery is underrated
yea

i mean really, just look at some sets. people do not edgeguard spacies with 100% success, they have good ****ing options. falco has bad range, but in retrospect, his recovery isnt that bad.

otg

Smash Master
I'll take a crack at this. I'm not going to bother putting characters into order within the tiers because there is no point:

Stupid Good Tier:

Jiggs

Nearly Impossible to Edgeguard Tier:

m2/peach/pichu/pika

Characters with Solid Recovery Options but can still be exploited tier:

Falco/Fox/Link/Samus/Y.Link

Our UpB's have 0 Vertical/horizontal movement Tier or We Get ***** by Landing Lag Tier:

Bowser/DK/Falcon/Ganon/GnW/Kirby/Luigi/Mario/Marth/Sheik/Zelda

Clearly Bottom Tier:

Doc/Ness/Roy/SoPo

The two characters I didn't really know where to place are Yoshi and Ice Climbers. I don't know enough about Yoshi to place him, and I have a hard time justifying the Icies recovery as good ... but it's not bad either. It's just way too situational.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I'll take a crack at this. I'm not going to bother putting characters into order within the tiers because there is no point:

Stupid Good Tier:

Jiggs

m2/peach/pichu/pika

Our UpB's have 0 Vertical/horizontal movement Tier or We Get ***** by Landing Lag Tier:

Clearly Bottom Tier:

Doc/Ness/Roy/SoPo

The two characters I didn't really know where to place are Yoshi and Ice Climbers. I don't know enough about Yoshi to place him, and I have a hard time justifying the Icies recovery as good ... but it's not bad either. It's just way too situational.
This list is such win.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i think pika and pichu should be moved into "solid recovery but still be exploited" tier.

they arent NEARLY as hard to edgeguard as peach/m2, and only barely harder than fox/samus etc

Doc King

Smash Lord

Stupid Good Tier:

Jiggs

m2/peach/pichu/pika

Clearly Bottom Tier:

Doc/Ness/Roy/SoPo

Not bad. The only major regret I have is Falco being in B Tier instead of C Tier. :bee:

otg

Smash Master
See, if Falco had 0 vertical/horizontal movement in his UpB, or if he had sever landing lag after he landed on stage from either his upb or sideb, then he would fall into that category.

Instead, he has one of the best double jumps, a wall jump, a side b that is very fast/has no landing lag/can be shortened at multiple points/upB has 360 degree angles and autosweetspot on ledge mix up from above.

Yeah, pretty good imo.

Doc King

Smash Lord
You have good points there but I think that Falco is decent overall.

I don't think that Puff is that good to be in a tier of her own. :p

BigWenz

Smash Ace
Shown below is why doc king either needs to get banned for serious trolling or is a fcking ******

You have good points there but I think that Falco is decent overall.

I don't think that Puff is that good to be in a tier of her own. :p
her recovery is da best she can make it back to the stage without ever using a jump.

u need to meteor cancel all u do is hold up

she is not gimpable unless the puff player is ******** and even then it takes a special kind of ******** to get gimped as jigglypuff

GOD!

Smash Ace
I really like otg's list.

I would move GnW up. he has ok horizontal (not on his upb, but if you just hold to the right and let him fall he can get back from almost anything). But I really don't care, your list is really solid.

And I've seen plenty of puffs get shine spiked. She doesn't realy have good vertical honestly, and a patient player can usually hit her if she's forced to recover middle/low. I would put m2 in the same tier as jiggs actually. but otg's list kind of ends the thread.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
^that. Punishable, but quite hard to do unless ur falcon or maybe fox (kels does ledgehop uair vs cosmo)

Doc King

Smash Lord
Shown below is why doc king either needs to get banned for serious trolling or is a fcking ******

her recovery is da best she can make it back to the stage without ever using a jump.

u need to meteor cancel all u do is hold up

she is not gimpable unless the puff player is ******** and even then it takes a special kind of ******** to get gimped as jigglypuff
I didn't say that her recovery wasn't the best or anything like that, but I just think that her recovery isn't that superior to Samus's or Mewtwo's recovery (or maybe even the chus and Peach) to be in a tier of her own.

You seriously need to stop trolling and get banned yourself if your gonna keep trolling like this. :glare:

BigWenz

Smash Ace
I didn't say that her recovery wasn't the best or anything like that, but I just think that her recovery isn't that superior to Samus's or Mewtwo's recovery (or maybe even the chus and Peach) to be in a tier of her own.

You seriously need to stop trolling and get banned yourself if your gonna keep trolling like this. :glare:

puff is the hardest character to gimp almost nigh impossible and that coupled with the fact that meteor canceling is stupid easy and automatic (just hold up) so going off stage to try and do that is not really a smart option. and if someone messes up trying to gimp u / out right kill u off stage u take their stock. That is a godly recovery that no one else has.

if u honestly think im trolling off of wat i said then i take it back u arent trolling ur just a fcking ******

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
otg's list is a sight for sore eyes after seeing most of the other lists in this thread.

One thing though -

Isn't Doc really resistant to gimping because of his up B hitbox? I feel like that makes him significantly better at recovering than sopo/roy/ness, unless we aren't taking gimps into account for this.

BigWenz

Smash Ace
otg's list is a sight for sore eyes after seeing most of the other lists in this thread.

One thing though -

Isn't Doc really resistant to gimping because of his up B hitbox? I feel like that makes him significantly better at recovering than sopo/roy/ness, unless we aren't taking gimps into account for this.

i mean the up b makes it so that u can counter somones gimp attempt at u i.e fox trying to shine spike u and u drop slightly lower then up and u get a nice stage spike but docs problem kinda lies in when he crosses the line of being either above or below the stage. if u can catch him here u can kinda do what u want and it will probably kill doc. however i dont think doc's recovery is on the same tier as roy ness and sopo cause those recoveries are waay shiittier then docs. I also find it slightly ironic that doc is so low in the recovery list when he ****s on almost everyone elses recovery (bair + cape is the end all to almost all recoveries)

The Star King

Smash Hero
I agree, Doc shouldn't be in the same tier with Roy/Ness/SoPo. Just watch any match with Shroomed. Don't get me wrong, his recovery is awful, but not as bad as the other three in his tier.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
There are parts of the recovery process where doc leaves himself terribly open. Watch any shroomed match vs someone good and watch them edgeguard him. If he pills, lightshield edgehog. If not, jump out and smack him. If he does downb, jump out and smack him. Smack him once in any part and he is dead or edgehog and **** him up like sheik.

Smash Master
There are parts of the recovery process where doc leaves himself terribly open. Watch any shroomed match vs someone good and watch them edgeguard him. If he pills, lightshield edgehog. If not, jump out and smack him. If he does downb, jump out and smack him. Smack him once in any part and he is dead or edgehog and **** him up like sheik.
What if he recovers low?

I agree that Jiggs doesn't deserve her own tier. She has a hard time accumulating vertical distance, and she certainly can't do it quickly, so she has to go way out and way back in to not get spiked again, and sometimes theres just not enough distance, even with an 8 frame meteor cancel. It's true that Doc can't touch her though, since he doesn't have any downward sending moves, although it's pretty easy to ledgehop bair her a few times while she's trying to recover if you bair her off the stage.

She still has the best recovery though.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
If he recovers low just stall properly and hit him when he gets close while you're still flashing and invincible.

Doc is still far more resistant to gimps than Ness, Roy, SoPo.

And his recovery is definitely a lot better than theirs.

Smash Master
He can cape once so you have to guess when to challenge his up-B with invincibility.

Top Bottom