• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Recovery Tier List

unknown522

Some guy
weren't you two supposed to MM or something?
oh yea lmao. 500 dollars.

get em KK
I have to see this so I can laugh at PC Jona get *****.

i'd side bet 20 bucks jona doesnt take more than 1 stock.
me too.

Wait wait wait wait wait. When was the last time any of YOU GUYS beat hazz.... IN TOURNAMENT?!?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbqAWx1kD7Q

I thought not.

$5 on jona.
ROM 2. I think.

Laijin

Smash Hero
lol Marth has terrible recovery. Young Link's recovery is better. He can't get caped and it has a ton of range. Plus he has dat hookshot.

WHO THE HELL IS PC JONA?

First I just gotta say...this thread is ****ing terrible. Some of you actually believe Ganon and Kirby have good recoveries? You're crazy.
Now onto more seriousness

My list:

Top Tier: Jigglypuff
High Tier: Peach, Pichu, Pikachu, Fox
Upper Tier: Mewtwo, Samus, Young Link, Mr. Game & Watch,
High Middle Tier: Sheik ,Mario , Marth
Middle Tier:Link, Zelda, Luigi, Ice Climbers,Dr. Mario, Ganondorf
Low Middle Tier: Falco, Yoshi,
Low Tier: Captain Falcon, Kirby
Bottom Tier: Donkey Kong, Bowser, Popo, Roy, Ness

Ness has the worst recovery in the game. Hands down. DK and Bowser only go horizontal meaning a meteor spike will always kill them.

Smash Master
lolol M2 < Fox.

lol Falco <<< Fox.

Mario > Marth is kind of a hoot

Just wow.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
that list is bad laijin.

how is m2 in upper tier. and worse than fox?

jiggz isn't a tier above mewtwo either.

falco has a good recovery.

dk can meteor and instantly you are in a bad position.

bowser not so much.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
My list:

Top Tier: Jigglypuff
High Tier: Peach, Pichu, Pikachu, Fox
Upper Tier: Mewtwo, Samus, Young Link, Mr. Game & Watch,
High Middle Tier: Sheik ,Mario , Marth
Middle Tier:Link, Zelda, Luigi, Ice Climbers,Dr. Mario, Ganondorf
Low Middle Tier: Falco, Yoshi,
Low Tier: Captain Falcon, Kirby
Bottom Tier: Donkey Kong, Bowser, Popo, Roy, Ness
Just so you cant deny it later lol.

ALso ur dumb and super biased. obviously a trolling list. YL above link. Shorter grapple, no irrelevant super jump, no bomb jump, smaller sword equals yea right. also yl isnt that high. Also I can see samus being lower but u just moved her off some bs u just made up. the same **** that makes YL have the best recover aside from the ppl who have good ones lol.

Pragmatic

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps actual mathematical calculations need to be implemented?

Those were good examples, what about if we could analyze it without bias?

Otherwise, this thread just increases post count.

S l o X

Smash Champion
who needs a good recovery when you have lasers that completely shut down your momentum?

best character in the game.

/loljk

BigWenz

Smash Ace
who needs a good recovery when you have lasers that completely shut down your momentum?

best character in the game.

/loljk
id assume this joke u were referring to falco and i personally feel (all jokes aside) if falco had foxs up b - length and hitboxes on start up he'd be the best character in the game (no questions asked) / borderline broken

@laijin wow u def fcked up on that recovery tier list i dont see how game n watch is that high. i mean yea his up b has ridiculous vert but thats all it really has going for it. it has no mixups what so ever like at least with falcon when he up b's he can double back to the stage quickly since he falls so fast while if u tried that with game n watch ur just gonna get owned.

also donkey kong shouldn be that low. i dont know if its cause i suck or what but that up b is a ***** and a half to edgeguard.

and what makes mario's recovery better than luigis but docs less than luigis unless luigi = doc in terms of recovery in ur chart. this is probably just my bias as a doc main but i feel that docs recovery is better even though he doesnt get the as high a lift from caping or tornadoing.

oh and falco is waay to low

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
top: puff, m2
high: peach, samus, pikachu, pichu fox
upper: falco, zelda, marth, IC
middle: gw, mario, doc, dk, link, y. link, sheik
low:luigi, ganon, falcon, kirby, bowser
bottom:sopopo, yoshi roy, ness
yea really there should be 3 lists and an overall.

vertical horizontal safety then the tier list which is a combination of the 3. if people are serious about making a real recovery tier list im in. but other wise my list is perfect until somebody has a good reason to move somebody, then its perfect again lol.

GOD!

Smash Ace
Perhaps actual mathematical calculations need to be implemented?

Those were good examples, what about if we could analyze it without bias?

Otherwise, this thread just increases post count.
There's no way to calculate it.
This thread is now coal.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
ITs not even necessary. You can estimate pretty dam well the practical maximum vertical and horizontal distances.

the safety aspect is not based purely on raw data and is a give or take.

Pragmatic

Smash Journeyman
Without solid, computated mathematical data, bias exists.

Figures don't lie, it's the most successfully implemented method.

Like with analyzing frames, we could use solid data and archive the information into a series of aspects.

*Edit* Really? Sveet, could you link me to his list?

GOD!

Smash Ace
no there's just no way to rate them. There's more than just height and movement to a recovery. There's speed, invinciblity, fall speed, landing lag, # of jumps, super armor (lol yoshi). None of these can ever be assigned numbers of any significance. Even if you could, every recovery can be good or bad depending on the match up. And then how do you relate all these numbers together to get one number for a recovery?
You can't. You can't avoid bias when you're talking about this subject. Just accept that there aren't going to be black and white answers. This thread is just to see if enough people's opinions coincide to make some kind of shaky list that not too many relevant people disagree with.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
The reason this **** doesnt work is because ppl never focus on the goal. The list below is decent. Its not perfect. It could use some tweaks. Its a good starting point imo lol.

Focus on rating the characters, not some bs about how to obtain mathematical data that shows who gets the most distance when we take that and add opinion to it to create the final list anyway.

top: puff, m2
high: peach, samus, pikachu, pichu fox
upper: falco, zelda, marth, IC
middle: gw, mario, doc, dk, link, y. link, sheik
low:luigi, ganon, falcon, kirby, bowser
bottom:sopopo, yoshi roy, ness

Pragmatic

Smash Journeyman
no there's just no way to rate them. There's more than just height and movement to a recovery. There's speed, invinciblity, fall speed, landing lag, # of jumps, super armor (lol yoshi). None of these can ever be assigned numbers of any significance. Even if you could, every recovery can be good or bad depending on the match up. And then how do you relate all these numbers together to get one number for a recovery?
You can't. You can't avoid bias when you're talking about this subject. Just accept that there aren't going to be black and white answers. This thread is just to see if enough people's opinions coincide to make some kind of shaky list that not too many relevant people disagree with.
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you here, just stating wishful thinking.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
@mind trick-so that should place him where then in your opinion? and of course its a double edge sword. He cannot be gimped, while having his second jump.

Without it. its auto gimp from like anywhere lol.

GOD!

Smash Ace
Nah, smashers hide in their caves until saturday/sunday.

Lol wait really its a double edge sword I didn't know I thought yoshi super armor was always active...

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
The falling part of yoshis second jump I think the super armour goes away. if you get hit u have no way to recover except airdodge.

BigWenz

Smash Ace
yoshi cant get gimped lol
how is that below sopopo (or anyone in low for that matter) lmao

this is almost 100% accurate if u shine yoshi as falco it stops his momentum dead in its tracks so u can gimp yoshi as falco

however at higher percents i think up airs always knock yoshi out of his second jump but at that point i wouldn call it a gimp but just killing him (dont quote me on that but im pretty sure they always do)

GOD!

Smash Ace
The falling part of yoshis second jump I think the super armour goes away. if you get hit u have no way to recover except airdodge.
Oh god I had no idea.

I thought yoshi got his 2nd jump back after he got hit after super armor faded though..

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
oh god no lol. when u use the second jump and get hit after the armor or get knocked out of it.

u don't have an up b to recover with.

Nogzor'z

Smash Journeyman
nope... that only happens in brawl...

Yoshi's up b does not act as a recovery boost of any sorts. (except to grab the ledge while facing away)

Top Bottom