• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

-Ran

Smash Master
it wasn't in one tech chase? Then it wasn't a techase to 430% D: <
Quoted for truth. =p

What I do to scrubby players is bait them towards the edge, tech chase them till I know they'll roll into the stage, and then Forward-Smash. DONE! =V

I don't tell people what to against me because frankly, in my line of work, there's not a thing you can do to stop me if I do my job right.
Also true. I don't provide any help to anyone during a tournament. That's for after they are eliminated.

Perhaps that lonely scrub is trying to psych you out guys. I've seen it before. They spam really easy to see coming, but difficult to block, attacks. Then turn around and mess with your mind by going completely random.

-Ran

Smash Master
It's because they don't view the game the same way. The more you know about the game, the more complicated it becomes. A new player to competitive Smash is going to spam his highest priority move at all times. This dampens its strength, but he doesn't care. In the same situation, the seasoned player will use the move that is best for the situation [Jab vs F Tilt, a u air instead of an up tilt, etc]. Also, they aren't really 'reacting to you' which can make it a bit annoying. =p

It's because they don't view the game the same way. The more you know about the game, the more complicated it becomes. A new player to competitive Smash is going to spam his highest priority move at all times. This dampens its strength, but he doesn't care. In the same situation, the seasoned player will use the move that is best for the situation [Jab vs F Tilt, a u air instead of an up tilt, etc]. Also, they aren't really 'reacting to you' which can make it a bit annoying. =p
Oops. That's internet failing for me. I was intending the scrub crack to be intended as a joke.

But about what you said. What a n00bie typically does is make a lucky guess. No prediction, just dumb luck really xD And yeah, the more I play Smash the more complicated it has become x.x Before I could see normal things having a reaction time around 20 frames. But now, I'm seeing in order to really play better you need that fastest human reaction time of around 11 frames. For myself, my reaction time without prediction is slower than it takes for ganons wiz kick hitbox to comeout. Which means at close/mid range I typically do not PS that. With prediction I can react way faster than that. TO the point PSing projeciltes at ftilt range becomes second nature if I expect it.

xLeafybug =D said:
I hate barbers who can't cut hair. And on top of that...He SNEEZED ON ME.
So how did it feel....:psycho:

Anyway guys what's better?
Butter popcorn or cheese popcorn?

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
he's probably never going to play smash again. gj.

i remember in my first tournament, a d3 (who was the best in the state at the time) chaingrabbed me against the true in ps1 to 250%, and i really didnt want to play smash anymore after that. its really quite demoralizing...

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
he's probably never going to play smash again. gj.

i remember in my first tournament, a d3 (who was the best in the state at the time) chaingrabbed me against the true in ps1 to 250%, and i really didnt want to play smash anymore after that. its really quite demoralizing...
Welcome to my world. It crap like that explains why I quit a while ago.

Just replace D3 with ICs and the Dthrow < footstool < icicle lock < regrab thing.

I really don't see why the designers made falls from footstool jumps non techable.
I also don't understand why the forced get up from locks don't give you the option to roll or strike.

More mentally painful than the Melee ICs combos and waveshining.

I might return to one-player games and pretend these games never existed at this rate.

To answer the OP, No.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
SuSa, you're a real jerk. What I do is just grab and pummel lol. Much more satisfying. I think I got someone up to like 250% once XD.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
I don't tell people what to against me because frankly, in my line of work, there's not a thing you can do to stop me if I do my job right.
Yo dawg, I heard you like to camp, so we put exlax in your Coke, so you can have the runs, while you run.

Underload said:
Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeese popcorn, berserker.
I think butter... Because of the oil and taste of it. I taste something in butter that is so gooood. I don't taste the cheese in the cheese popcorn or some reason. I think butter:ohwell:

Princz15

Smash Apprentice
Hypothetical Situations i need answer to (i dont want this done to me i seen it happen and it was painful, well its happend like once or twice xD) any way i just want answers,

1. So im getting chaingrabbed by D3 across the stage, he predicts my sidestep and uses dash attack to completely obliterate my spotdodge. I respawn and know not to ever sidestep again. He chain grabs me and is about to dash attack... what do i do?

Do i have time to pull out nade or just simply sheild or what? i cant test any of these cause i dont have my wii at the moment im sure i would have found an answer just by testing it but again i have no wii atm lol so someone plz help.

This is the thread to ask questions right?

napZzz

Smash Hero
Hypothetical Situations i need answer to (i dont want this done to me i seen it happen and it was painful, well its happend like once or twice xD) any way i just want answers,

1. So im getting chaingrabbed by D3 across the stage, he predicts my sidestep and uses dash attack to completely obliterate my spotdodge. I respawn and know not to ever sidestep again. He chain grabs me and is about to dash attack... what do i do?

Do i have time to pull out nade or just simply sheild or what? i cant test any of these cause i dont have my wii at the moment im sure i would have found an answer just by testing it but again i have no wii atm lol so someone plz help.

This is the thread to ask questions right?
its not the questions thread but it doesn't really matter.

You have plenty of options to get out of the cg. you can roll either direction, side step, drop a nade and shield, just shield, or even jump away if you're afraid of this happening to you. You just cant be predictable. I'm used to most DDD's doing the dtilt/ftilt at the edge, because both of them (especially ftilt) put snake in a really bad position.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I'm more worried about something lain showed me that him and seibrik figured out to do on snakes from the cg. Its scary.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Might as well share. But my memory is balls so I might mess up in a few spots.

It all stats from a dthrow. They get you to the edge of the stage. They Dthrow you off stage and heres where it gets interesting.

The next move done is ftilt. If you jump you lose your 2nd jump to ftilt and fall and are force to do your up b. If you air dodge and jump you just get grabbed again.

Then something about how they can just bair you below the stage like twice and force you to c4 recover, where they footstool you out of it. I think thats what it was anyways. He did it to me like twice.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Why don't you just wait to jump for like half a second so your jump sweet spots the edge? If you know they're gonna ftilt you should have plenty of time to fast fall and then jump to sweetspot the ledge.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I'm not sure if I explained it right, but I just remember lain saying that 9 times out of 10 snaeks stock is gone

IxxI

Smash Fence
I usually read and tell them what they did wrong at the end of the set. Hopefully they don't get pissed or anything.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I always like hearing constructive criticism personally. it helps you improve and lets you know why you lost.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I've heard the use less grenades thing too because he said I used them enough to the point that they were easy to avoid or something. But using them less isn't any different....I use them fo rstage control and getting people to be where I want them to be :S

Superspright

Smash Lord
I abuse grenades like crazy. I always run around with one in my hand, or I short toss one--pull and back away.

Also, dtilt is pretty amazing. It has the range of ftilt, and ducks a ****load of moves. It doesn't stale the real killer [ftilt], and it pops them up into the air which for some characters can be very bad when you have a mortar charging beneath your feet and the stage is set to blow.

Top Bottom