• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
You are forgetting your negatives SuSa.

9x-7i > 3(3x-7u)
9x-7i > 9x - 21u; Distruptive Property (3 times 3x and 3 times -7u)
-7i > -21u; Subtraction Property (9x is subtracted from both sides)
i > 3u; Division Property (Divide both sides by -7, dividing or multiplying by a negative number in an inequality expression causes a sign change)

Math to me is all about memorization of the rules. Calculus actually seems to be a bit different. You actually have to apply some logic and thinking when it comes to answering some of the questions. Such as the whole idea of a value approaching a particular location., even though that value does not exist right at that location.

If f(x) = 4(x-1)/(x-1)
f(1)= undefined
But as x approaches 1 from the right, and 1 from the left the numbers will become infinitly closer to 4.
I think I'm tired.

I saw 7i and 21u and wondered how the **** that reduced.

Yeah, 'i'does have a definition of being defined as the square root of negitive 1. But, it could also just be a regular variable. If you look at the letter k, it is typically the variable used to represent constants in various equations. The value of k always changes though depending upon the equation. It could be the unit of meters over seconds, moles over liters, etc.

@Nappy: It's not as if math really helps with a lot of things for snake xD The only thing it might look at is angles, but that's geometry.
@SuSa: Sleep xD

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I did homework, still need to finish a draft by tommorow =/

@DarkShadow: Brawl Singles tournament at BU on Fri night, Nov. 13, there will be prize money~!

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I did homework, still need to finish a draft by tommorow =/

@DarkShadow: Brawl Singles tournament at BU on Fri night, Nov. 13, there will be prize money~!
Oh god, I'll try, but I doubt I'll place well. I played today against my scrubby friends - 3 stocked my friend's snake with samus... not saying much. Will you guys be playing tomorrow?

Edit: Mmmm very nice SuSa. What are you going as?

Ah, well... nevermind what I said then SuSa about the "I went to far" thing xD

I do want to point out a couple of potiental theories. After 100%, every character "will not" detonate the mine and take damage if they attempt to get-up from the ledge by attack or get-up. So, I am starting to thing that it is useless to put a mine on the ledge when they are at 100%+. But this has only been confirmed for like a few characters so far.

I think you should be able to detonate a C4 on the ledge by reaction when someone is at 100%. The animations from the ledge moves so slow, by the time you react to it and explode the C4, they will not be in invicibility frames anymore and will take damage from the C4 explosion. Although, the whole reaction time thing my just be my own timing is just happens to be good timing when they are at 100% trying to get-up, attack or roll.

Random tidbit. If you walk to the ledge so that Snake starts to stand on one foot leanin over the ledge and put down a mine, that will not be the closest distance you can put the mine to very edge. By rolling towards the ledge, then placing a mine in that spot will cause the mine to stick out in mid air about halfway.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Oh god, I'll try, but I doubt I'll place well. I played today against my scrubby friends - 3 stocked my friend's snake with samus... not saying much. Will you guys be playing tomorrow?

Edit: Mmmm very nice SuSa. What are you going as?
Yeah, we'll be playing, i think you'll do well, ppl here at BU arent that good, we'll try to get other ppl from around Boston, but I think you have a really good chance of winning at least some money.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Too many new kids nowadays.

So, snake vs. anything without projectiles (or a sword) is easy and fun. discuss.

DK (As in donkey not diddy) smashes are "what the" Long range, high priority (except down smash) and POWUUURRRFULLL At least the dude has no projectiles. CAMP HIM and avoid getting donkeycided or giant punched (but falcon punch is way better to get hit by)
Don't attempt doing Snakedashing towards DK, he'll just F-smash you O_o. Use snake's tilts,grenades,projectiles whatever moves good against DK. 55:45 Snake or 50:50 but I think it's 55:45 Snake in my opinion :ohwell:

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
DK tilts > Snake tilts.

And camping against DK isn't that easy because he has good movement speed and can approach pretty well.

Well the only way Snake can win is:
1.) Approach and win
2.) Knock DK downwards using meteor smash (Doubt this will happen -_-)
3.) F-smash him when he does handing slapping (Dunno if it can reach)
4.) The usual rack up damage to KO
5.) Out of no where Captain Falcon does the FALCON PUNCH!!!! with 0 start up and it's range fills up the whole stage (Most epic way of winning but it will never happen which is so sad)

YAY 100 posts!!

DK tilts > Snake tilts.

And camping against DK isn't that easy because he has good movement speed and can approach pretty well.

Maybe I am looking at how to play snake wrong, but is not that the whole point of camping: get the other person to approach? I mean, why focus on camping when the person is approaching, I thought you should be switching tactics to intercept and predict what the approach is.

And DK's tilts are not > Snake's imo. Once DK is approaching, get combat ready.
-Ftilt when blocked has enough lag that you should be able to ftilt him in the lag.
-Dtilt is harder to block. It's spammable and save when on block. I say if you PS the hit, punish him. If not, retreat however possible and get out of the way fast. If you get tripped your screwed, you might eat a punch. If you are blocking the attack I do not believe there is enough time to punish, but it depends on the move DK makes next. Either way, it's a bit iffy and depends how you read each other.
-Utilt is the same for both. It has good range, combos at early percents, and kill when fresh (snake has more power).

What are the other approaches DK has? Dash attack, Bair and grabbing. Really, dash attack and grabbing typically have a pattern and you should be able to avoid them by simply spot dodging. Bair is the problem. If DK approaches with that method I am not really sure how to combat it. Utilt and bair will collide hits unless you predict it and hit uptilt ahead of time. I'm thinking the best method against that is the one we use against wario and Mks. Light toss grenades in front of you. DK being so large will either pick up the grenade, or make it blow up.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Tech chasing and edgeguarding are really important keys to victory. If the DK airdodges on landing that should be a free pivot grab, although a smart DK will probably bair instead because of its low landing lag.

And if DK is above you, there is nothing he can do besides airdodge.

napZzz

Smash Hero
um snake camps the **** out of DK and the close combat game is even. Only thing DK can do is get a gimp or a spike maybe, its the only area of the matchup where he can be a threat to snake. And who cant do that?

Did I mention DK wont touch the ground if snake plays right too :3 there isn't **** he can do when falling and you pressure him from the front except air dodge if you play things right.

napZzz

Smash Hero
both of those suck. I hope I can manage to be gone for all night halloween cuz I dont wanna have to come back to ^_~

SNk.

Smash Rookie
ahh Halloween..
there are some days, where our hood is actually together..
just like a family you know?
so we are in our streets, are home and stay there for some hours, doing party.
Throwing some Eggs around.
last year i made a epic glidetoss at a moving car..
it was like:"yo watch me glide tossing"
"you won't hit"
splash!
"WOMBO COMBO!!!"

nevershootme

Smash Master
a halloween party i went, I got knocked out my a friend dressed up as a mexican serving tequila... calling out tequila man! took a small shot of jose quervo (that stuff is hell strong) and i wanted to puke badly lol...

anyways... halloween is a legal day to go cosplay

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Peach is so good, I can't beat her using Snake. Her dair combos just wreck me all day.

I am pretty sure I'm doing something wrong, because I don't think I'm supposed to be losing. The Peach is a friend I smash regularly with, and is AZ's #9 ranked player for Brawl in our power rankings.

This is the most recent vid we've recorded doing this matchup (sorry for the quality)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpxc5_CR7nY

advice?

Top Bottom