• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Really, I do not see what problem you are having. At first stock you were doing fine, then on the Bthrow you just died at 70% o.o After that you just lost it.

I guess some advice, right now, might not be to abuse Utilt so much near KO percents. It takes so much longer to kill someone when it's staled. Like on peach's 2nd stock, you used utilt at 117% against peach with the sweetspot, and peach had imperfect DI and still lived through it. If it had been fresh she would have been dead. It was staled because you had used it like 3 others times between 70% and 117% with only 3 other moves to cause damage inbetween there: ftilt, jab, uair. If utilt is staled use some other moves. Getting a grab is great for refreshing stale moves. A couple of pummels, Dthrow and then a follow up. That's like 3+ moves you just used in the attack que. However, that's a universal thing to make sure your KO moves are fresh. I'm not sure if abusing Utilt is a must against peach, but I do not really think so. If I recall, SuSa was discussing peach on the 3.0 tier list and mentioned about how Uair trades hits with Dair, and it's more benefical for snake in the trade off. So I guess if you are facing a Dair approaching peach, abuse Uair. *Just do not get hit by Fair xD*

Superspright

Smash Lord
Grenade, short toss, back away, pull another nade or wait. Do this over and over and make sure it is NEVER safe to approach with the float. The float is what ruins you. Make her float very unsafe and risky and you can find great openings for grabs or whatever.

Camp her, watch out for the turnips (Hopefully your grenades can out prioritize it) watch out if you see the stitch-face turnip O_O, never approach her when she floats and when you get the chance to attack her, duh attack her :ohwell: Don't play aggressively and play defensively, Too lazy

LaIotun

Smash Apprentice
Camp her, watch out for the turnips (Hopefully your grenades can out prioritize it) watch out if you see the stitch-face turnip O_O, never approach her when she floats and when you get the chance to attack her, duh attack her :ohwell: Don't play aggressively and play defensively, Too lazy
What's the stitch face turnip + what does it do?

RATED

Smash Lord
Turnips travel so slowly, you can catch them on reaction. (I'm talking about jab to catch)

Just an FYI.

If it's a stitch you can just waste it and throw it away. <_< lol
hmm I have played with Excel Zero's peach a lot of times , with Snake just camp all night long, if u see aerials while she floats just uptilt. her edgeguard to snake is really really good. beware of Dairs combos, just don't try to shield grab so much too her, BEWARE of BOMBS, stage IMO Final destination if u want to camp, LOL don't use Battlefield against her if u want to camp since she will destroy u with dair. this looks easy but is NOT, this is easier said than done since even though our camping can beat her , if the peach knows how to approach the MU get complicated.

I play this MU almost like I were playing against MK or a character like that ,don't even think of using too much Ftilt against her bcuz that's the opportunity to her to **** u , so use Ftilt only if u are pretty sure that it will hit. also her fair to jab is kinda annoying.

PS: hate turnips

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Stitch face gives you a whopping 36% damage with one hit. If peach can catch it after it bounces off you, oh man. I was hit with one in friendlies and just stood there in amazement. I didn't even know it was a stitch face.
Actually, if Peach smash throws the turnip at you at a close range, you will take over 40 damage. With all her turnips the smash throw at close range will increase the power by at least 3%, making a hit by the weakest turnip 13% fresh, so turnips can deal a hefty damage, dont underestimate them.

I think my best use of a stitch face was throw -> recatch 3 times, then it disappeared before i can catch it again, dealt over %100 with 1 turnip XD.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Stitch faces really aren't strong at all in Brawl. >_>

I got hit by my own c4 once and was dying off the top and got hit by a stitch face and survived lol. It did give me 36% or whatever it is, but I would have been dead anyways, so I was glad XD

I think 36% is still pretty bad.

Peach (given good reading) can easily get you from 0%-70% if Dair connects at lower percents. Dair connects into itself an easy 2-3 times, then you start getting hit by Uair or Nair. That's 40% right there. After that peach starts reading your movements. Without a turnip you really only get hit by like a tilt. She can tack on another 20%-30% if she has a turnip. So you are already at like half percents needed to get killed. A stitch face turnip that does 30%+ does not help any.

Since I am using peach it's fun to use stitch faces at times, but it's annoying as hell when I realize I pulled a turnip that was a stitch faces and already wasted it and didn't regrab it.

@Leafybug: Why care about stichfaces anyway? She can pull a bom-omb and that will be just as deadly as a stitch face from melee days. I think Snake does at 60% when hit with a bom-omb is an instant KO.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
yeah, bomb-ombs are ridiculously powerful. However, if you hit peach while she has one, it will explode in her face (be careful though, bombs travel faster through the air than turnips).

And xeylode, at low percentages its hard to even notice you got hit by a stitch, since the knockback is so low. You can get hit twice and be at 72 percent without even realizing it (unless you constantly stare at your %) Its harder to tell what the faces are in Brawl, too.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Last time I played a peach in tournament, she pulled 2 bomb-ombs, saturn, a stitchface, and 2 beam swords somehow. And before that match, she beat a ranked rob player because pulled 2 bomb-ombs.

it was horrible
I still won

The only way you can counter a bomb-om throw is to If you have 2 stock and your at a low percent (maybe 10%) while Peach has one stock is at a high percent, approach her and get killed, Anyway you'll have one stock left but Peach will lose or Catch it! But it's hard(Watch out if she cooks it) and DON'T EVEN THINK OF SHIELDING in my opinion BECAUSE IT MIGHT SHIELD STAB AND STILL DAMAGE YOU. But the good thing is that is rare so you can continue on normal gameplay with no items but IF it comes out, good luck

Snake does have a smaller hurtbox than say DDD, DK, or Bowser, so it should be easier for him to get out of floating combos than they can.

Well that makes things harder, does U-tilt have higher priority than it?
Aerials do not have priority. They are simply hitboxes. If they manage to hit someone's hurtbox they will do damage. If the person dealing the aerial get's hit by some hitbox, they will take knockback. If Snake's hurtbox overlaps with peach's when the two attack each other, it should result in both taking damage. If Snake hits peach with the disjointed part of Utilt, then he will not take any knockback.

Well at least Peach's dair stops after that.

Wow 3 pages of discussing Peach, can't we just start a thread about her O_o

Getting pressured is gay, that's why I never got to finish Boss battles in intense =(

-Ran

Smash Master
Guys, I'm going to be learning Marth hardcore over the next month. No Snake matches for a month so my rare posts here, will probably drop even more. I'm even going to go to Hobo with nothing but my Marth in my pocket. I'm just tired of not having faith in my secondary, and so the only way this is going to change is if I pull him out and force him to evolve.

Who knows? Maybe all this time I should have been playing Marth as a main had I given him the time I gave Snake. =v

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
You'll miss the tricks, You go from epic explosive and kicks to hitting people with a sword. :laugh:

But good luck at the tournament!

napZzz

Smash Hero
marth aint got shiiiiiittt

you'll miss explosives and hitbox's that dont make sense. See you next week

.... and hitbox's that dont make sense.
Something odd happened to me like not 20 minutes ago. MK had me in a tornado on the ground, it shoved me on top of a platform and then I Utilted him when he was below me. Talk about a hitbox that does not make any sense.

Your going to use Marth, that's good we can know how to counter whatever moves he can do anyway but you'll be missed as a Snake main anyway

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Yes SuSa, you are a big fat ****ing jerk.

So I just got back from Warner Robins for the GA tourney. Didn't get to do singles because it got dark and my mom didn't like to drive when it was dark.

Lost to Nick Riddle 3-2 for $5
Beat Rayku 3-1? for $5
Lost to Chaz 3-0 for $5
Lost to Seibrik 3-0 for $5
Won, then Lost against Puma for $5 double or nothing.
Beat DanGR 2-1 for $1 (he never payed me <_<)
Impressed alot of people
Got my name across.

Yay me.
But I didn't get to play Chops and get ***** :(

I wanted to though.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Guys, I'm going to be learning Marth hardcore over the next month. No Snake matches for a month so my rare posts here, will probably drop even more. I'm even going to go to Hobo with nothing but my Marth in my pocket. I'm just tired of not having faith in my secondary, and so the only way this is going to change is if I pull him out and force him to evolve.

Who knows? Maybe all this time I should have been playing Marth as a main had I given him the time I gave Snake. =v
yea... just get openings and harass them with side-b and f-air and you're good to go, and save that d-smash for kill setups and if you know how to tipper then good enough

Top Bottom