• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

No one has done any frame data on that in the last year or so I have been watching these threads. You can make a guess using the available frame data.

Ftilt 1 hits on frame 4
...ends on frame 32.
Ftilt 2 starts on frame 11 (from Ftilt 1)
...hit box out on frame 17.

Since that is a true combo, you are in hitstun from the first move of Ftilt for at least 13 frames. (Ftilt 1 -> Ftilt 2 is at it's quickest 13 frames).

Considering that Ftilt ends on frame 32 with a minimal of 13 frames hitstun starting on frame 4, you have at best +15 frame advantage over snake until he returns to a neutral position. +18 frames if he tries to go into a jab, +19 frames if he goes into another Ftilt. However, that is the best case scenario. Ftilt 1 might have more hitstun than 13 frames.

Edit: I forgot to take into consideration the fact that Ftilt 1 goes into hitlag, but I have no idea what the hitlag is when it hits someone. So, unless you know the amount of hitlag, or better yet the hitstun of Ftilt one, you cannot get any better estimate than this I think. If I did all the frame data math correctly.

napZzz

Smash Hero
maybe if they buffer right before the jab hits them but even then I doubt it, plus snakes dont always jab-ftilt they might do jab grab as the mixup and you will get ****ed over trying to SDI the ftilt thats coming

I think its too risky to try and predict an ftilt to SDI it unless its an obvious one that they're goingto punish you with

I think you can only SDI behind Snake on the inner part of Ftilt anyway. I have not seen anyone SDI away from snake when it's spaced properly. Only behind him.

Nappy, you know a 13 year old toon link player by the name of yeti?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
well the method I was thinking was that if I ever get down thrown by snake, I would roll behind him and preemptively SDI for a f tilt, and that would get me behind the snake again.

However like you said, he could just grab me, but it could still work.

I never thought of SDIing the f tilt, after getting hit by thejab. thats something I could work on too.

also, if you are close to the snake, you can DI into him and get behind him and if you are far away from him, it is possible to SDI away from him and get out of range, and make the second f tilt miss.

thank you very much for your help.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
You can indeed SDI Snake's ftilt quite well. If you do a laggy move or made the wrong choice and you think you'll get punished with a ftilt, qcdi away/towards snake depending on spacing. You will escape pretty easily.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
whoa there
I'm quiet till something really gets on my nerves heh.

y u mad tho

:009:
I mad cause this isn't the 1st Windows 7 screwed me over. It's gonna f-up my whole school year cause I record lectures and what not.

yeah the BCSM GUI def needs to be updated. I get errors too whenever I use it, I'm sure the Smash Workshop can find a way to fix that, I mean there gotta be some brstm makers who use windows 7.
Ah, so it wasn't just me. I'm not mad anymore haha.

You can indeed SDI Snake's ftilt quite well. If you do a laggy move or made the wrong choice and you think you'll get punished with a ftilt, qcdi away/towards snake depending on spacing. You will escape pretty easily.
If I SDI snakes ftilt, it's usually cause I'm holding a direction. I have been working on my SDI though :) I notice improvements.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I've actually played ONE person who SDI's snake's ftilt a fair amount, it's really ****ing annoying

whatever back to diddy

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
If you mean Almo then yes that annoyed me too, although I'm going to see if I can punish him next time he gets behind me.

etecoon

Smash Hero
nah someone I used to play online a lot

using snake against almo is easier than using MK for some reason <_<

napZzz

Smash Hero
well the method I was thinking was that if I ever get down thrown by snake, I would roll behind him and preemptively SDI for a f tilt, and that would get me behind the snake again.

However like you said, he could just grab me, but it could still work.

I never thought of SDIing the f tilt, after getting hit by thejab. thats something I could work on too.

also, if you are close to the snake, you can DI into him and get behind him and if you are far away from him, it is possible to SDI away from him and get out of range, and make the second f tilt miss.

thank you very much for your help.
I like this idea, pretty smart

I'd try to adopt this for snake dittos (lol) but my SDI isn't very good :/

RATED

Smash Lord
I've actually played ONE person who SDI's snake's ftilt a fair amount, it's really ****ing annoying

whatever back to diddy
only ONE,really... I am used to people SDI that move :/ I played a TL mainer ( Twinkcat or Action Panda or the TL's Moderator) that SDIed it like most of the time with ease, also the last time I played Excel Zero he did and TLMsheikant( TL mainer too) does and Kewkky tend to do it too.

I am getting used to people SDI'ing Ftilt.

etecoon

Smash Hero
from what I've seen the ease of doing it is partly character dependent, some can pretty much just hold forward and others can't do it at all lol

-Ran

Smash Master
Because it's a legacy stage and has become so entrenched in the metagame that has a rule list that is 'strongly recommended' by a predominately Meta Knight Back Room? I'm actually pondering the merits of removing Brinstar/Rainbow. It makes the power of a stage ban too powerful, so I'll have to look at alternate stages to add in.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I don't see the meta knight agenda here, brinstar/RC only enhance the "why isn't THIS CHARACTER banned yet?" noise. that being said I guess you're right that they simply won't change it because that's the status quo, it's obviously a ******** stage and is worse than several banned stages, but it won't change

also, does anyone know what happened to underload? :/

etecoon

Smash Hero
mortar sliding off the conveyor belts on PS2 is fun, why isn't this stage legal, I mean, it's not like they aren't trying to legalize every other stupid *** stage in the game, there's no way it's worse than norfair or distant planet <_<

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Hanenbow, that's where it's at! A couple weeks ago I playin a casual friend to practice SDI and I started pickin all the stages in brawlset 3.0 and I forgot that hanenbow has no floor. There's also some brown thing that looks like a stick that you CAN'T land on. Bridge of Eldin fo Legal! Ice mountain summit for Legal! New pork city fo Leegul!11!

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
first of all, during the last ruleset, I made hanenbow legal for doubles at my tourneys and it was ballerific.

also, theres only 8 legal stages in melee and brinstar is one of them, what makes it so much worse in brawl. And dont say metaknight Because thats a problem with the characters, that doesnt mean theres anything wrong with the stage.

etecoon

Smash Hero
the stage having hitboxes is a perfectly legitimate reason to ban it

only brought up other characters that can stall exceedingly well there because you chose the DUR DUR DUR, IT'S ONLY META KNIGHT argument. god, why not just get budget player cadet in here while you're at it -_-

etecoon

Smash Hero
I wouldn't be against it, don't particularly care about it. I'm probably the only snake that is so apathetic about it though lol

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Halberd is not as advantage to Snake as Brinstar or RC is advantage to Meta Knight though. I haven't CPed that stage in a while and there are certain elements about it that is more disadvantage to Snake then neutrals (Small stage during the usual part plus prone to sharking).

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Hey guys. I've been wondering lately since I don't know the answer...

You know when you usmash and sometimes you able to get a grab on the opponent and they get hit by the falling mortar? Sometimes the get hit out of the grab, and sometimes they don't and I've seen at at varying %'s (I think.) Is weather or not they get hit out of the grab determined by %, or port priority?

Turazrok

Smash Master
lmao BPC hahahahahahahahah he has a hentai addiction Brawl- HAHAHAHAAHAH BPC BPC BPC BPC NAME SEARCCHCHCH

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Yo ants are pretty manly. They manly not only for the fact that they can lift more than 2x their body weight, but also 'cause they eat bacon. No lie. I eat potato skins which has cheese and bacon on it, and crumbs of bacon fall on the floor. I'm not cleanin that s***. I wake up the next morning to find swarms of ants on my floor moving around bacon bits hahah. They're not aiming for the bread crumbs nearby, which is lighter and has more energy in form of carbs. They want the bacony goodness called bacon.

Top Bottom