• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
on the subject of heartlessness again, I remember a time during a pools match where I used IC's. But it was to the girlfriend of one of our former power ranked players. Her BF laughed and watched her get CG'd. She still gives me dirty looks to this day.

I think Snake will never NOT be the 2nd best character.
That's pretty hilarious :laugh:

etecoon

Smash Hero
ICs have the hardest learning curve in the game, so much that they may forget a bit about other chars so that they can focus on their ICs. any IC mainer that does at least "good" is probably better than the "average joe".
they require the most technical focus and timing, the intelligence required to play IC's at a high level isn't impressive at all though

I've never played an ICs, so I don't know the pain of being CG'ed. Is it cause of their CG that they are where they are on the tier list?
chain grab and desync tricks, they also do a ton of damage on some of their attacks but the threat of the chain grab is what allows the rest of their moveset to shine. probably the best example being their uair, a lot of characters like meta knight fight them mostly from the air which puts him constantly in danger of being hit by this attack that does 22%. without the chain grab MK would just destroy them on the ground but the threat of the grab makes that a very unviable method of fighting them

thread title is a lie, I was using diddy in friendlies today at DNA, he's so much more fun than snake

napZzz

Smash Hero
operation hopefully get topic name changed go is success

ic's are easily the hardest "good" character to play as. Its not necessarily the cg's and tricks that are hard about them, its about how you can apply them and be smart in game

da **** now its etecoon is gay

RATED

Smash Lord
operation hopefully get topic name changed go is success

ic's are easily the hardest "good" character to play as. Its not necessarily the cg's and tricks that are hard about them, its about how you can apply them and be smart in game

da **** now its etecoon is gay
agree with this

also ROFL @ thread title.

I wouldnt be surprised( no offense) but there's like a lot of gay people in fighting games communities, and even more in Brawl.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Nah, gay guys likes to hang around girls (oh irony) and gaming communities doesn't offer much humans of the female gender.

EDIT: Rated how you get Smash Bash under yo name?

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Shurely and I took fifth place in teams today at DNA.
Singles... Didn't do too well.
I wish you could come to the Smashfests that Yume and I go to. You too far away though? Plus I dunno where you are going to college :/

Edit: Good **** in doubles. Who you team with? Also, for some reason I thought DNA was held once a year like some big tourney or something haha. WRONG! :p

ErikG

Smash Ace
I wish you could come to the Smashfests that Yume and I go to. You too far away though? Plus I dunno where you are going to college :/

Edit: Good **** in doubles. Who you team with? Also, for some reason I thought DNA was held once a year like some big tourney or something haha. WRONG! :p
I live in the city Six Flags is in, and I'm going to UMass Amherst. It's like a 2 hour drive (maybe less from Amherst) to get out to the Boston area. If I was able to spend the night, I wouldn't mind going out to the smashfests.

Shurely is a Pikachu main but he used Metaknight in doubles today. He's a friend of mine from high school.

And today I had a tech chase on a platform that went from 0-100% (roughly).

etecoon

Smash Hero
I'm taking this topic title as underload coming on to me

all moderators are alike, they just want to get in my pants!

also wtf how could that be a 2 hour drive, it takes me like an hour to get to BU and I'm in another state <_< get @ my reckless driving

RATED

Smash Lord
Nah, gay guys likes to hang around girls (oh irony) and gaming communities doesn't offer much humans of the female gender.

EDIT: Rated how you get Smash Bash under yo name?
someone explained you, but yeah lol there's a LOT of gay here in SWF. just a read blog(in the user blog section) that is about gay people, you will get surprised that there's a bunch, I was surprised too.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I live in the city Six Flags is in, and I'm going to UMass Amherst. It's like a 2 hour drive (maybe less from Amherst) to get out to the Boston area. If I was able to spend the night, I wouldn't mind going out to the smashfests.

Shurely is a Pikachu main but he used Metaknight in doubles today. He's a friend of mine from high school.

Word? I know Kirch and MG14 also goes to UMASS Amherst, they don't have an official smashfest thing yet but you guys should def make one, we could even have a BU vs. UMass crew battle one of these days :chuckle:

And I'm living in a single next year so I can always have ppl stay over my place.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
get @ my reckless driving
I laughed hahaha.

Word? I know Kirch and MG14 also goes to UMASS Amherst, they don't have an official smashfest thing yet but you guys should def make one, we could even have a BU vs. UMass crew battle one of these days :chuckle:

And I'm living in a single next year so I can always have ppl stay over my place.
I'm in a studio, but I'll have a futon couch thing to offer. As long as you aren't weirded out by my staring at you when you sleep o_o Mmmmm sleeping, haha. I'd think the biggest problem is finding parking. Waking up early to either drive back or put quarters in seems like a b****.

Also, krew battles would be cool. Imma gather a MCPHS krew of scrubs. I'll try and overwhelm you with numbers, not that anyone can play for ****, haha.

ErikG

Smash Ace

also wtf how could that be a 2 hour drive, it takes me like an hour to get to BU and I'm in another state <_< get @ my reckless driving
It depends on where in New Hampshire you live. I live on the border of CT and am almost as West as possible in MA.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Angel Beats def if you haven't watch that, and just checked DNA results, ErikG's team went 1-2 and got 5th, Me and Almo went 3-2 and got 5th at the previous DNA lmao.

ErikG

Smash Ace
Well if every team showed like they were supposed, it would have been us vs Tempest/ChickenFajita round 2 anyways (Bizkit had to change the bracket). Then we would have had to face off against Riot and Peachkid who we do have a chance (not the greatest) of beating. At the previous DNA we played a ton of friendlies with them so we know how they work in teams. Also, Pelca training dah bess.

I'm gonna try out Wario for a while but I'm still gonna go back to Snake so...

See you guys in 2 weeks :p

etecoon

Smash Hero
UL was right <_< always like this, diddy is fun in short bursts because he's fast and technical but he becomes mundane when you realize how stupidly one dimensional he is a short time later

still pretty sure underload wants my naners though

edit: this topic title should've been "I feel asleep"!

also, everyone who works with video's and stuff, is there any good free video editting software? just getting into this stuff now so I'm pretty clueless about it

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I'm gonna try out Wario for a while but I'm still gonna go back to Snake so...

See you guys in 2 weeks :p
Mmmm I tried Wario out too, but I didn't like him. He was mobile in the air :laugh: I was kinda weird haha. His aerials are awesome but I can't space them if I can't control his mobility haha.

UL was right <_< always like this, diddy is fun in short bursts because he's fast and technical but he becomes mundane when you realize how stupidly one dimensional he is a short time later

still pretty sure underload wants my naners though

edit: this topic title should've been "I feel asleep"!

also, everyone who works with video's and stuff, is there any good free video editting software? just getting into this stuff now so I'm pretty clueless about it
Mmmmm sleep. You gonna use Fox Etecoon?

etecoon

Smash Hero
no, this is just keeping with my pattern of changing my character icon at random

I do already use fox a liiiittle though

I guess I'd say my hierarchy of characters goes

MK > Snake > Marth > Sheik > ZSS > Jigglypuff > Wolf > Fox > Ike > Ganon > Falcon atm

I need to drop like half of them and focus lolol

RATED

Smash Lord
I need some place to write this : I am so PISSED! **** THOSE ****TY COLLEGE HOURS WHERE I CAN'T SEE NO ONE THAT I CARE ABOUT! IS SO BORING!

--

I am kinda about to graduate though

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Snake > Falcon (recently though I don't play too much of anyone past Falcon.) > IC's >Marth > Falco > Peach

then there's the lolblazed characters. Falcon, of course > Sheik > Ganon > Ike > ZSS > Donkey Kong > Pit > Squirtle (and/or) Charizard

Top Bottom