• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Hiya Yink with a shoujo manga personification of Ness avatar.

I would read a baseball shoujo manga if ness was in it.

Sports manga is mostly bad.
Prince of Tennis was the only one I have ever read that I actually stuck all the way through. And really the only one I ever read. It's mostly because I play Tennis I probably found it interesting. I think that is the same with others. If you are interested in something, you'll find it fine while others do not.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Prince of Tennis was the only sports manga I liked :o

Why did Underload get Super Banned? Anyone know?

Also I was thinking about doing what the Lucario's do and have an IRC chat room once a week for Metagame Discussion and MUs. Would people be interested in that?

And how's everyone? :)

RATED

Smash Lord
wth @ UL getting banned :/ anyone knows why? even if he hates me/infracts me like 2 times in a row... he's cool on my book.

guys, anyone of you can give a yes or no about FF13? I am about to buy a PS3 next week, so I want to get a game( I don't play that much shooters) and I have the new blazblue already and my bro owns a PS3( he lives by himself) so that I can go to his home and *steal* his shooters if I feel like it.

is FF13 a good game overall? or there's any other good RPG for the system
I am buy SSF4 that day too :D

The game is great but it's not as good as the classic ATB system in the older FFs.

It also lacks the classic traditions and some things from the past. The cool thing about it is that it's fast paced and the story is overall great and the crystal chart seems so attractive O_O

I still prefer FF IV, VI and VII though but this game is still great.

I wonder what that falls under? Anyone will know that is male if they played Guilty Gear, however, it is suggestive. Either way, people can report this do not forget that yume. Someone might have already reported it anyway :/

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
hajime no ippo says hi
Hajime no Ippo is too good. One of the anime's I'll never delete off my comp. There's too many chapters for manga though. I don't feel like catching up to 800+ hahah.

I could the stairs one but not consistently. Best place to practice was the infinite stair case near the end. Reminds me of the 0 Star Speedrun haha.

wth @ UL getting banned :/ anyone knows why?
even if he hates me/infracts me like 2 times in a row... he's cool on my book.

guys, anyone of you can give a yes or no about FF13? I am about to buy a PS3 next week, so I want to get a game( I don't play that much shooters) and I have the new blazblue already and my bro owns a PS3( he lives by himself) so that I can go to his home and *steal* his shooters if I feel like it.

is FF13 a good game overall? or there's any other good RPG for the system
I am buy SSF4 that day too :D
FFXIII was good but not great. Characters are solid, story is ok, and music is wonderfully orchestrated, but not memorable like the older games. Also, it's missing on of the soundtracks that usually shows up in EVERY FF game haha.
Still though, you might like it more than others. I lent it to a friend and he loves it. He'll IM about epic this and that (this is his 1st FF game though). I'd say it worth buying if it's still not $60.

-- I would to go on about how my friends sucks at playing RPGs, yes you can suck at playing RPGs haha, and how he acts like he knows stuff about the FF franchise and history, but I won't go there. Whenever he acts knowledgable about anything, I'll just look the other way. I ain't even mad.:laugh:

LMAO

I'm going to post a pic that will normally be deleted by a mod.

Isn't that a trap? I remember reading something on ED about some anime and some twin chick that's actually a guy and something about a trap... >.>

Edit: That pic reminds me of someone from Chrno Crusade.

RATED

Smash Lord
thanks, I am going to buy it then, also I ****ING HATED final fantasy 4 :( is boring after some point of the game. I stopped playing it when the Lunarian dude appears and says "oh the son of the lunarian" or some **** like that. the whole thing in the moon is/was boring. IMO

I loved Final fantasy 3 though, was awesome. LOL @ people sucking in RPGs "NANI!?"

I would like to be a mod, I would be a "no chance" and cruel mod.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
thanks, I am going to buy it then, also I ****ING HATED final fantasy 4 :( is boring after some point of the game. I stopped playing it when the Lunarian dude appears and says "oh the son of the lunarian" or some **** like that. the whole thing in the moon is/was boring. IMO

I loved Final fantasy 3 though, was awesome. LOL @ people sucking in RPGs "NANI!?"
I loved FF4 back in the day, but when I replayed it, I kinda saw how cliche it is.
You got the dark knight who goes all good - paladin. You got the last of her kind summoner. You got the rogue ninja bad*** who's actually a prince. Prince this, princess that, last of blah blah, super powerful this, lunarian last of prince kind Cecil haha.
. The only reason I can replay FF4 is cause of nostalgia, not that it makes it a good game.

When you say FF3, do you mean 3 US (6 JP) or 3 JP? Also, I hope you aren't an achievement/trophy *****, cause getting some of the stuff takes a lot of luck and a lot of grinding for items. P.S. I hate you for having the PS3 and being able to play FFXIII: Versus. >.> Stupid special use of 6-axis controllers or whatever it's called.

Yea, it's funny how people can be bad at RPGs. They don't notice boss patterns. They don't use supportive and debuffing spells. Sometimes they just don't even bother leveling and are pretty much trying a low-level playthrough haha.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I can't replay most RPG's because leveling up makes no sense to me, spending hours facing random enemies that are just repetitive and monotonous is lame

I liked FFVI-IX a lot on first playthrough though. I'm...kind of in the middle of FFX right now but I haven't actually played it in like 3 months, like I said, tolerance for this style of gameplay just continues to diminish for me

napZzz

Smash Hero
Wouldn't know but if I wanted to read about boxing theres a cool book called the contender
you're really missin out, its the pinnacle of sports manage/anime
Prince of Tennis was the only sports manga I liked :o

Why did Underload get Super Banned? Anyone know?

Also I was thinking about doing what the Lucario's do and have an IRC chat room once a week for Metagame Discussion and MUs. Would people be interested in that?

And how's everyone? :)
He asked for noods of a female member

NAH, for real tho he told me he's really busy right now and he asked for a temp ban so he wouldn't be able to spend more time here
I can't replay most RPG's because leveling up makes no sense to me, spending hours facing random enemies that are just repetitive and monotonous is lame

I liked FFVI-IX a lot on first playthrough though. I'm...kind of in the middle of FFX right now but I haven't actually played it in like 3 months, like I said, tolerance for this style of gameplay just continues to diminish for me
grinding is the ****

etecoon

Smash Hero
I lost my patience for it over time...I probably played all of the psx FF games 5+ times when I was younger but now I haven't gotten outside of midgar in FFVII in like 5 years lol

I used to play maplestory a lot which is an incredibly grindtastic game, but that's 2D action/platformer style, I think the menu driven combat of most RPG's is a lot of what turns me off of them now. repetitive menu combat makes me lose interest quickly

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
EDIT: I can't read above me at NaPPy's post apparently.

Prince of Tennis was legit, but all other sports manga is pretty boring to me as well. Like...they tried to make a soccer one and a basketball one. Couldn't finish one book..

Big Boss

Smash Journeyman
I still prefer FF IV, VI and VII though but this game is still great.
I've recently taken interest in the FF titles, and the one's that I've played are: 3, 4 (almost done), 7 (just started), 8, and 10. I really enjoyed 4, 7, and 10. Been wanting to play 6 and 9.

This is probably the main reason why I LOVE RPGs. When I've got nothing to do at all, an RPG will help fill the void with a few hours of MSI.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I pretty much just play brawl when I'm bored lol

the annoying *** facebook MLG chat is back noooo

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I started competitive brawl after a year of college. You'll find a scene guaranteed, its surprising how good noobs can get after a lil bit of playing.

Now that I do not have the complications of home, it's easier to get involved. The problem I see is that it takes a specific kind of person to get into smash. I remember so many people complaining about how gay the ICs chaingrab is or how bad camping is. The rarity of finding someone who does not care about that and plays the game as is, those are the people that are hard to find. You would probably have to remove all traces of 'gayness' from the game to get people interested. After they do, you can start using more gay tactics and show people how to avoid them.

Top Bottom