• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Just played dawall today, since he didnt play all summer thought i would sandbag at 1st and use random chars to get him back up to speed. so I played Olimar and lost, then played Marth and lost, then I was like I'll just beast him with Snake so I played Snake, ..... then I lost.

fffffffff

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Just played dawall today, since he didnt play all summer thought i would sandbag at 1st and use random chars to get him back up to speed. so I played Olimar and lost, then played Marth and lost, then I was like I'll just beast him with Snake so I played Snake, ..... then I lost.

fffffffff
Hahaha Dawall too good. Yo, when we gonna play? I'm itching to play people better than me, instead of playing my scrubby friends.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
what do you guys think about this rule. If you are playing under a ten min timer and the match ends in a time out, both players get a win. This rule seems to work well especially against those people who choose certain broken stages for the sole purpose of timing someone out. When using this rule, no one benefits from trying to time another person out and it lets the players play any way they want to without interfering with their play style.

The only problem that I see with this rule is if both players each win one game and the third game goes to time out. This can be solved by having a 1 stock rematch. The only way this will happen is if a timeout happens on the third game because a winner will be declared if there is a timeout on the second game. If a timeout happens on the first game, since both players won, then there is no way to choose a counter pick, so they can either choose to play on the same starter stage or restart the stage striking procedure. Since neither player actually beat the other, both players will have to stick to the character they chose when the time out occurred.

If you guys like it, you should post here http://www.smashboards.com/showthrea...8#post11069918

Too messy =/

Snake boards can be summed up with the following:

MGS addicts who adore asians and droll over broken tilts.

I main Falco and do not play snake. So, I am exempt from this description.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Note: I replaced my friends SN with "Casual." Other notes are denoted by an asterisk.

"Casual" 1 11:22 pm
pffft
tan
don't give me your bull****
you're like pedobear in that game
you just **** people
Darkshadow7827 11:23 pm
"Casual", please don't. PLEASE
razgritz1 11:26 pm
fine
k, how bout this
go to bu and practice up and get on calvin's level
:-)
Darkshadow7827 11:26 pm
better haha
razgritz1 11:27 pm
jerk
lol
razgritz1 11:29 pm
I forgot you're still poubty about that last tourny
Darkshadow7827 11:30 pm
Pouty? What you talking bout?
razgritz1 11:31 pm
well
not poubty
that would be more like me after the mcp* tourny
more like
your eyes or open.....
to your skill level relative to calvin who had been holding back
and so now you're all revved up to get better
razgritz1 11:33 pm
like goku
Darkshadow7827 11:33 pm
... don't even talk when you don't even know.
saiyan
sorry
:-(
Darkshadow7827 11:34 pm
I knew Calvin was better than me from the getgo. He got more peeps to play, and the people who are in close proximity are good. My eyes "opened" the first day I played at BU.
I just wanna play and get better. I dunno where this pouty came from. I did terrible in the last tourney and there's no johns. Just need to get better.
razgritz1 11:34 pm
yeah
bad choice of words
pn my part
Darkshadow7827 11:35 pm
The people are tourneys read more and know more than I do. I know stuff and there's a lot I don't know. I know my place. You should know yours.

GET OWNED!

*MCP tourney ruleset: No time limit, FFA, single elimination, Custom stage made to look like FD but bigger only, not items, you pick your bracket and can see where people signed their name, prize = $50 gift card for 1st place only, $3 buy in. This was before I played at BU when I was/is still king of scrubs haha.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Note: I replaced my friends SN with "Casual." Other notes are denoted by an asterisk.

"Casual" 1 11:22 pm
pffft
tan
don't give me your bull****
you're like pedobear in that game
you just **** people
Darkshadow7827 11:23 pm
"Casual", please don't. PLEASE
razgritz1 11:26 pm
fine
k, how bout this
go to bu and practice up and get on calvin's level
:-)
Darkshadow7827 11:26 pm
better haha
razgritz1 11:27 pm
jerk
lol
razgritz1 11:29 pm
I forgot you're still poubty about that last tourny
Darkshadow7827 11:30 pm
Pouty? What you talking bout?
well
not poubty
that would be more like me after the mcp* tourny
more like
your eyes or open.....
to your skill level relative to calvin who had been holding back
and so now you're all revved up to get better
like goku
Darkshadow7827 11:33 pm
... don't even talk when you don't even know.
saiyan
sorry
:-(
Darkshadow7827 11:34 pm
I knew Calvin was better than me from the getgo. He got more peeps to play, and the people who are in close proximity are good. My eyes "opened" the first day I played at BU.
I just wanna play and get better. I dunno where this pouty came from. I did terrible in the last tourney and there's no johns. Just need to get better.
razgritz1 11:34 pm
yeah
bad choice of words
pn my part
Darkshadow7827 11:35 pm
The people are tourneys read more and know more than I do. I know stuff and there's a lot I don't know. I know my place. You should know yours.

GET OWNED!

*MCP tourney ruleset: No time limit, FFA, single elimination, Custom stage made to look like FD but bigger only, not items, you pick your bracket and can see where people signed their name, prize = $50 gift card for 1st place only, $3 buy in. This was before I played at BU when I was/is still king of scrubs haha.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL (I'm Calvin btw), too funny Tan.

In other news, I just drafted out of a cube (random cards put together that should have synergy) in Magic the Gathering, and I'm the worst at it since I dont have a deck nor follow MtG. But somehow I beat this kid who beat everyone else when we played with the cards we drafted. So by Inui logic, I beat everyone =D.

also, still trying to get my internet fixed, BU is def hating on me cuz everyone else has great internet.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I main MK and second marth, yume said he's using more falco now but idk if he's really sticking with that. halberd is MK etc.

snake boards: none of us actually play snake

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord

I don't adore asians, never have. I don't find any of them remotely attractive either.

Also, I don't deny the other two points.

RATED

Smash Lord

Objection!

I main Snake, I am not into that " asian are so hot OMG" and... I am a hypocrith mainer since... I haven't played any MGS ( except mgs4 cuz my bro needed my quick fingers in the last thingy of the game).

I just love Snake gameplay in Brawl.

On an indiviual basis you all did well at avoiding the statement. However, however! As a collection of Snake players that make up the Snake boards, this statement of mine holds true.

Example one, IxxI gets much attention to become the fence. Example two. The recent comments on a couple of images. Example three, majority of the players here make many references to MGS in the first place. Example four, many of us and many others from 2 years past to present make numerous references to Snake's broken tilts.

It's ingrained into the history of the snake boards. It loves MGS, asians and tilts.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I'm one of those losers who's still stuck on goin all snake at tourneys

and I dont find asians attractive

ZTD | TECHnology

I'm also not attracted to Asians. And all the other black dudes here think there's something wrong with me for that. Eh oh well Jungle Fever ftw.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I never saw anything nearly that hot when I was in Nam. :'( At least she doing repping Viet chicks haha.
the vietnamese took much pains to understand the science in using plastics for anything more than sweatshop production of soon-to-be-recalled children's toys

RATED

Smash Lord
On an indiviual basis you all did well at avoiding the statement. However, however! As a collection of Snake players that make up the Snake boards, this statement of mine holds true.

Example one, IxxI gets much attention to become the fence. Example two. The recent comments on a couple of images. Example three, majority of the players here make many references to MGS in the first place. Example four, many of us and many others from 2 years past to present make numerous references to Snake's broken tilts.

It's ingrained into the history of the snake boards. It loves MGS, asians and tilts.
I lol @ collected... how much regular posters are here: Yume, you, etecoon, nappy, tech chase, now afro(with his manly stuff), TommyDermeister( talking about how much he enjoys ****** little kids :p ) , Calzorlz, zajice ( appears some times) , IxxI appears not that much( I remember when we was just IxxI) and someone asked what was his name, and the origin of Fence came cuz of a user group.

if something should be "ingrained"in the history of Snake boards should be : Inhumanism( CO18's thread about ally) that some melee players and some haters were saying things like " the only he thing he does is rolling after using grenades and blah blah", the old havok mystery( that I can't remember well), SuSa cuz a lot of people here talk about him( I used to dislike his theorycrafts though), how negative are most snake mainers about their character and obviously how manly we are

and MGS.

also why 2 years past... when your account is oct 2009 ? :laugh: ( unless you have/had another account)

ps: this is said in a happy mood so this is not intended to anyone get mad.

ZTD | TECHnology

lol I always tell my white sister she's got jungle fever.

Cuz its true ;)
Lol you know the old saying: "Once you go black, you don't go back" :laugh:

Not sure where all the Asian love came from but I do love me some broken tilts and MGS so I guess 2/3 aint too bad. Snake boards are semi active trolls lol. This place is chill though.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
So... about half of the Peach boards think Peach vs Snake is 45:55.

Discuss?

napZzz

Smash Hero
she can float in that weird blind zone snake has where he cant really do anything and sorta juggle him well, its kind of annoying

etecoon

Smash Hero
I don't think peach vs snake is too horrendous, what nappy said is true and peach has good frame data which is something snake can struggle against a lot, other than DDD he probably is hurt the worst by frame traps of all S-B tier characters

snake still has his weight and power though, and peaches kill attacks tend to be pretty telegraphed

Top Bottom