• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

NNID
Budget_Player
OMFG WANT!

Exactly. The only difference is that that's two or three of them at once. :laugh:

Either way, am I the only one who finds snake's *** hilarious? My friend argues that that's the source of his massive disjointed hitbox.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Hitler is actually Snake in disguise?????
Fixed it for you.
Random thing I never knew before, but just found out from a CPU.

Apprently you can footstool someone when they are hanging from the ledge, but the thing is that only you get the jump up. THe other person still just hangs from the ledge like nothing ever happened.
This has saved my life so many times. When you're barely not going to make it on just mash jump till you footstool them. It doesn't work if the character still has their invincibility frames from grabbing the ledge though, so be careful of that.

NNID
Budget_Player
:(

I saw the duelist thread and it made me sad that I live in germany. No good smashers in munich area. At least, nobody who I can test my skills against. Playing against my friends who are either worse than me or refuse to play high tier and are still worse than me kinda sucks. 'specially when there's two of them. And the better one is a scrub.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I rarely use snake anymore. It's no fun destroying everyone you play with LOL. I normally use random characters for a week or so, and then switch to another character when I'm bored of them.

But Snake is still my main and my best character by far. He's the only character I've put any real dedication into.

Ally

3 seconds. Put timer on 8 mins, watch timer.... subtract a second for each second that passes?
How does knowing 3 seconds actually help you play with them?

I always thought you had to have a feel for the grenades when they would blow up. That's what I have always done. It just seems so hard to count to 3 and still focus on the game at the same time.

nevershootme

Smash Master
I rarely use snake anymore. It's no fun destroying everyone you play with LOL. I normally use random characters for a week or so, and then switch to another character when I'm bored of them.

But Snake is still my main and my best character by far. He's the only character I've put any real dedication into.

Ally
I feel the same too. every fighting game, one character I play and I enjoy it, and then when I see someone play a different character and does it better, I'm like... **** I wanna switch characters

Know what's stupid a boosted jump that's not a footstool ,I call it invisible footstool. it's so stupid (yet also screws up mk's d-air camping)

Mississippi count works well for timing grenades

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
How does knowing 3 seconds actually help you play with them?

I always thought you had to have a feel for the grenades when they would blow up. That's what I have always done. It just seems so hard to count to 3 and still focus on the game at the same time.
Actually, I do that for stages in Melee like Poke Floats, or the cloud in Yoshi's story. I've found it way easier to prevent myself from losing stock in stupid ways, and it keeps me focused in the game. I'll pick up the feel for them when I seriously start playing smash again in the summer, but it's nice to know the time anyway.

Thanks for the timer SuSa, I've been too lazy to time them myself, due to exams soon. I just dropped MK as my main to pick up Snake.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I feel the same too. every fighting game, one character I play and I enjoy it, and then when I see someone play a different character and does it better, I'm like... **** I wanna switch characters
Exactly how I am :laugh:

Know what's stupid a boosted jump that's not a footstool ,I call it invisible footstool. it's so stupid (yet also screws up mk's d-air camping)
What's this?

Ally

nevershootme

Smash Master
What's this?

Ally
To explain it better, if you do a d-air camp with mk for example, and then you spend your next jump over a person's head, you get a boosted jump and it's not even doing a footstool animation, therefore interrupting the d-air camping. CPU's do it all the time when you try to gimp them and they do it. I call it "Invisible footstool", an 3rd jump extension that doesn't really do the properties of a footstool.

The Filth

Smash Lord
I sort of know where you're coming from Ken. I don't **** everyone when I play snake, but in my group of friends there's only one person left who will smash with me, out of 6-7 of us who used to play it all the time.

Mainly because the other guy and I decided to stop being scrubs and improve... the others just gave up :<

That sort of quitting mentality really gets to me for some reason, i spent years losing at melee to them too :DAlly beans

IxxI

Smash Fence
Alright I'm tired of this.

You all get to decide how to pronounce my name from now on.
What will be it be, guys?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I sort of know where you're coming from Ken. I don't **** everyone when I play snake, but in my group of friends there's only one person left who will smash with me, out of 6-7 of us who used to play it all the time.

Mainly because the other guy and I decided to stop being scrubs and improve... the others just gave up :<

That sort of quitting mentality really gets to me for some reason, i spent years losing at melee to them too :DAlly beans
That's the way it was with my friends. We had a group of 6 that would play melee pretty much every time we hung out. And then me and one other friend started actually getting better, and surpassed the others to the point where they gave up instead of trying to actually get better themselves. It was kind of disappointing, I don't really understand it. Whenever I get ***** by someone I try to get better to the point where it won't happen again, not give up. Oh well.

Ally

And SuSa's pronunciation is how I've been saying IxxI in my head every time I see you post.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I've been pronouncing it that way too. Icksy. I gotta say, that's one of the more original, unique usernames I've seen. What does it mean? Was it just random, or is there some meaning to it? I'd use a different username, but I always make any accounts the same as my screen name. I used to make a different username for different accounts until i kept forgetting which username went to which site...
"Ally Ally oxen free"
My friends suck too. I don't know if scrub applies to them, cause they don't try to act good. What I do hate is when they think I can't lose to anyone, since they've never seen a devoted player. Luckily they'll still play with me occasionally. I plan to visit my friend in NY and hopefully MM his friend, haha.

Perfect SuSa xD

I always pronouced it as eye-ix-e

('ix' as in nixon, twix)

Then again it my be something we are not supposed to pronouce and IxxI is playing mindgames on us by trying to pronouce it <_<

etecoon

Smash Hero
I don't try to pronounce that, it's more like an image to me, like a spring in some games sideways!

_
x
x
¯

BOING

NNID
Budget_Player
I see Ken is doing the thing he was told to do with the name thing in every post xP
That's what I meant with icwutudidthar. icwutudidthar=I see what you did there. :laugh:

I usually use the time-old method of throw one, shield drop and pick up the second, wait for the first to explode, then throw the second one. Works pretty well, even if it's a big cumbersome. And it gives the opponent a second nade to worry about.

EDIT: Ixxi should be pronounced using that weird phonetic that X takes when at for example the beginning of words, or surrounded by consonants. I believe you pronounce it Iz-zi. :p

Top Bottom