• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

r.i.p bx weekly. it was ok while it lasted.... on to better and bigger things.

BUM163

Smash Lord
naaa i can't go with slight feelings. it has to be for sure yes or no. if you don't know, then wait till you find out. seriously thats been the problem with this venue for some time. maybes and ya don't come. yea i'm coming and then ya don't come. i don't have to do this honestly. just let me know if ya don't like the bx venue or its to far. i'll stop putting so much work into it. please just be sure of your answer and then follow up.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
I g2 try to make it out to the boogie down one of these weeks, its the only good tourney practice around.

Any Queens heads go this? I could use a ride. Oh, and I think Friday would be better, I could come right after skool.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Bum I got all days I say Friday because i love my Saturdays.

Draft crews every weekly please.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
I've always wanted to come to one of these weeklies, but I work every Friday (all day, usually), and sadly I can't change that right now. The BX venue is pretty far as well, although I really don't mind that. Saturdays would be awesome.

Draft crews are awesome.

cba

Smash Master
naaa i can't go with slight feelings. it has to be for sure yes or no. if you don't know, then wait till you find out. seriously thats been the problem with this venue for some time. maybes and ya don't come. yea i'm coming and then ya don't come. i don't have to do this honestly. just let me know if ya don't like the bx venue or its to far. i'll stop putting so much work into it. please just be sure of your answer and then follow up.
Sorry bum but "Slight" is my chance since i work and could ask for ANY day off, but since im too good they NEED me, so thats why i say slight.
i asked for your opinion, i didnt ask you to bash me.
i like the venue, Max is OD cool. and it isnt a problem as of distance, you more than anyone, should know that ppl got shiz to do. this is not SoCal where ppl just chill nd do ****.

Jtails

Smash Lord
ivysaur is pretty fun!
lol and once again, when i stop goin to weeklies they get crazy! =]

ahhh i will return!!!

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Hmm... So who plans to come?

Bum needs answers / needs to update the thread to tell us when is the next one....

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
I honestly don't know if I wanna go there again and meet up with 10 people. It felt more like a smashfest than a tournament the other time, I don't feel like paying 10 bucks for a smashfest sorry....

Can't say I will be in attendance...

nessqk

Smash Journeyman
hmmmm i go everyfriday this friday i cant make it cause of things goin on (baby momma drama) but def next friday so fridays are great with me

Cia

das kwl
oh yeah. i went to CTF the other day. Blazblue looks sooooo good. i didn't play it though cuz i'm trying to avoid capcom/sammy fighters (although i played some XvS) anyway, every other match i saw was Rachel dittos, is she tier or something??

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
oh yeah. i went to CTF the other day. Blazblue looks sooooo good. i didn't play it though cuz i'm trying to avoid capcom/sammy fighters (although i played some XvS) anyway, every other match i saw was Rachel dittos, is she tier or something??
Which day? May have seen you.

And that's because NY looks like outside of me, Justin Wong, and about 3 other guys is Ragna, Arakune and Rachel. Rachel will probably be high tier, but Arakune is just the worst to fight for me though.

Why would you want to avoid Capcom/Sammy fighters though?

D1

Banned via Administration
Really mad Rachel dittoes?

NOOOO!

I'm tight...back then it was all about the Ragnas and Jins.

Actually it seems like ppl are crying fowl over Arakune more since has some sort of trap when ur cornered.

Rachel is up there as well. For the most part the game looks pretty **** balanced.

The first tourney held in Japan had a Tager (similar to Potemkin) main winning. Get at that...its the bum effect. Fat, slow chars winning tourneys.

Only crappy char is Bang...or is he?

LITCHI IS REALLY GOOD BTW...don't sleep! Her jugs aren't there just to please the eyes! She has a turnip on her hair as well LOL its really small but u can notice it(hairpin perhaps?).

Cia

das kwl
if arakune is that thing that has the face of a shy guy and reminds me of shuma gorath.. then yeah there was a lot of him too, and like 1 Jin.. LOL and i was there on tuesday with my cousin and some friends. i saw Cristian (Kwis) on the way back from the dumpling spot.. lol

oh and i'm trying to avoid capcom fighters because i used to play them a long time ago, and i was obsessed. long story, but it's better that i stick to smash and remain mild-mannered.. LOL

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I give up on Tatsunoko vs. Capcom because I can pull random combos without knowing what I'm doing....

Plus I like smash better. That way when I press random buttons there is about a 90% chance you can punish me. That or I'll fall off stage.

So yeah who wants to play my Ness in something other than Ness dittos/when I still have the energy to play.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
I give up on Tatsunoko vs. Capcom because I can pull random combos without knowing what I'm doing....

Plus I like smash better. That way when I press random buttons there is about a 90% chance you can punish me. That or I'll fall off stage.

So yeah who wants to play my Ness in something other than Ness dittos/when I still have the energy to play.
You need to stop playing ******* and try to do that against someone who knows what they're doing. See what the results will be.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
It doesn't matter whether I hit or miss with them what gets to me is the fact that I can actually do them.

If you want to know I always lose in the game.

BUM163

Smash Lord
weekly this friday. i don't really expect people, but i'm just putting it out there. yea tager is going to be my character cause he is like potemkin. i will start having training sessions in my house since finally everything is all calm. the holidays is done and i have alot more free time.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
i dont even know what you guys are talking about anymore....
Friday though
and anyone know how to get to passaic im trying to go to that NJ tourny

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
weekly this friday. i don't really expect people, but i'm just putting it out there. yea tager is going to be my character cause he is like potemkin. i will start having training sessions in my house since finally everything is all calm. the holidays is done and i have alot more free time.
Tager's vacuum heat knuckle and 360's scare me to death the day I will play against them.

But sadly, Arakune is on the #1 hit list for me.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
i dont even know what you guys are talking about anymore....
Friday though
and anyone know how to get to passaic im trying to go to that NJ tourny

your annoying me lolz

im me on aim i'll help you when i get home at around 820ish pm

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I always stick with Tessie for my avatar... Anyway... I'll be coming I hope some people show up.

If not many people show up I'm going to that NJ thing probably....

D1

NY's tourney scene is lame since heads don't flock to the Bx as much as the city.

Bah well.

Things happen for a reason.

Alukard

Smash Hero
NY's tourney scene is lame since heads don't flock to the Bx as much as the city.

Bah well.

Things happen for a reason.
ny's tourney scene is still going good for melee ... things DO happen for a reason =P

Cia

das kwl
werddd, but the melee and brawl communities have separated soo much, it's hard for those who don't frequent both to know what's going on. But yeah, melee's beast right now. we got a big *** tournament this weekend. and another next week. then sensei's melee/ssb64 event after.

D1

You guys don't know how bad I wanna just jump into Melee. God****it Brawl is like a disease that plagued me...then when I play with Reno I feel like I'm temporarily healed.

BUM163

Smash Lord
alukard its not nyc tourney cause its in nj lol. no one is doing anything in nyc cept me. everyone flocked to nj. i know the bx venue is far or whatever and thats understandable. i honestly don't even expect people to come today either. next week i would hope to see people there. if people don't come today it would be a month of no one coming basically. anyway i need a ride to jersey tomorrow if anyone can provide that...... contact me at oni163 on aol.

Cia

das kwl
well.. it's in NJ because that's where he found the venue. you just happened to have found a venue in NY. But if there were melee tournaments in NY, I'm pretty sure that people wouldn't flock to NJ.

speaking of which, I was at web2zone the other day and they're closing down. guess they needed the smash community after all..

BUM163

Smash Lord
yup lol. yo vanz have you play tvc? you should. i have it in my house. i told you i been wanting to train in melee for awhile also. you have my number : [ also me and the boss is trying to get mad tvs to do all the games i have posted up there. hopefully we can get a good amount today. i'll keep ya updated.

Top Bottom