• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

r.i.p bx weekly. it was ok while it lasted.... on to better and bigger things.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Well I hope we get some good attendance tomorrow...

And I still need that doubles partner,

and about spam. Just eat it or throw it out, it's low quality and unhealthy... Which is why your character dies faster after taking it....

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
I would love to team with ya if I was going Ref :(

I really find it laughable that people are really complaining about SCIV (not perfect...better than III at least :laugh:) and TvC (low budget and not very popular in Japan, but a solid and fun game for sure) when the main game people are playing is Brawl. A game built to be anti-competitive. A game where if it weren't for the character everyone is complaining about, would be far more boring (well I find camp/defense fest boring generally boring, but ROB knows how to make it a party sometimes...) then it already is. Really, all this game has going for it is a huge community that can disguise the poorness of competitive value, the Nintendo characters, and potential which comes from having a largely unexplored genre.

I thought about it...it really feels like a kick in the face to the companies and games that really support competitive play, the drive to get better and be the best, and have fun doing it. That we're stuck playing this game that hates us, and trying to defy it. It sounds cool and all to be a rebel. But unless the hacked versions become standard, it's doubtful as long as Sakurai is in charge that the next smash will turn out better than this in terms of what we should be looking for.

I have my reason to play this game. I'll be the first to say it's quite a ******** reason that goes against a lot of what I stand for. But I also acknowledge that Brawl is the opposite of what I want in the games I play competively. Seeing people put down games that were made for a tournament crowd (well TvC...SC, not as much but some effort, yeah), that were testing for things like balance and silly glitches (and even patched in SCIV case) and yet praising competitive value of Mario Kart....man. What do you guys look for when you want a competitive scene? (pokemon is **** good though I have to admit).

On a side note, it's a **** shame a scene with the great talent and potential of NYC is kind of wasted now...hoping for a great weekly venue as long as I continue to put up with this trash of tournament game...

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
It seems that quite a bit of people are trying to make it out here.... But who knows....

I would team with you DaiAndOh if you were coming...

But since you aren't I still need a team mate...

Xivk

Smash Ace
NNID
xinikas-capitol
3DS FC
0877-2190-4820
It seems that quite a bit of people are trying to make it out here.... But who knows....

I would team with you DaiAndOh if you were coming...

But since you aren't I still need a team mate...
trying me best to find a way atm, but if i can chance i could be your partner?

also in a random thought, anyone know of the castlevania fighter?

revamp: btw for a good tournament game that i think with no glitch or anything, what happened to the mario party idea? lol

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I'll Team with you Xivk... I don't have anyone else to team with. Try to find your way out there and I'll team with you...

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
trying me best to find a way atm, but if i can chance i could be your partner?

also in a random thought, anyone know of the castlevania fighter?

revamp: btw for a good tournament game that i think with no glitch or anything, what happened to the mario party idea? lol
I never bothered the Castlevania one, though it's probably not sensataional if it's not being talked about by anyone.

If there's a Mario Party tournament, expect to never hear rom me again, I'll be busy banging my head on a wall at frustration with humanityu :laugh:.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
It's funny that you mentioned mario party, at DJ Nintendo's smash fest, they had mario party 4 money matches...

Xivk

Smash Ace
NNID
xinikas-capitol
3DS FC
0877-2190-4820
I never bothered the Castlevania one, though it's probably not sensataional if it's not being talked about by anyone.

If there's a Mario Party tournament, expect to never hear rom me again, I'll be busy banging my head on a wall at frustration with humanityu :laugh:.
interesting... then how bout jojo's bizarre adventure?

@ref: yea it was me and rockin vs. DJ and (i forgot his name T_T)

and they cheated us for the win. >_< lol

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I'm pretty sure it was Zro + DJ...

Rockin got the reversal fortune and messed it up...

You guys did really good despite the fact that they were better than you at mashing A and buttons...

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
interesting... then how bout jojo's bizarre adventure?

@ref: yea it was me and rockin vs. DJ and (i forgot his name T_T)

and they cheated us for the win. >_< lol
Jojo's is awesome and mad underrated. But it's time has gone pretty much.

I'd LOVE a sequel that covered more parts of the manga.

Xivk

Smash Ace
NNID
xinikas-capitol
3DS FC
0877-2190-4820
I'm pretty sure it was Zro + DJ...

Rockin got the reversal fortune and messed it up...

You guys did really good despite the fact that they were better than you at mashing A and buttons...
ah right zro

and we were close to beating them at smashing buttons. T_T

Jojo's is awesome and mad underrated. But it's time has gone pretty much.

I'd LOVE a sequel that covered more parts of the manga.
true and sad.. T_T

Dio brando for best villain ever. lol

blackanese

Smash Lord
New York Citaaay :333 Occupation: Stripper ;]
umm so yah, could people state wether or not they r coming 4 sure. b/c i know pretty much the last 3 weeklys were a failure, with no tourneys due to the low amount of people and instead, now people r coming 4 TvC -_-, and i really dont wanna come just 2 end up playing brawl friendlies and such -_-

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
What blackanese said people need to start stating if they are coming....

And I get KO'd.... Then I give up on the match and sandbag more than when I got KO'd.

I need someone to help me practice my Tech skill again....

I like to come to the weeklys with my lag free T.V because I live in the bronx and I'm a really bored Ness player...

BUM163

Smash Lord
if enough people came for a smash 64 i would do it. i'm willing to do any tournament as long as enough people. evo already pick up tvc and its consider a good game. i talk to multiple people and they like it also. which is why i will i want to throw it as a tournament. it's fun and people should try it.

i will bring another tv today just so there will be enough tvs...... i just want to see enough people first and then i will bring it.

BUM163

Smash Lord
lol **** silven went type hard. never know..... people used to still play the original sf2 until sf2 hd came out which is really fun to play. i hope a good amount of people come today. it be good to see ya guys.

Jtails

Smash Lord
yo smash 64 im down, i would bring a set up if people didnt say it at the last minute!!!

my 64 is at college and im not allowed to go back during the break =[

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Smash 64 is so fun....

I'd play it in tourney all day. It brings back so many memories.

I'm so heading out to the tourney at around 3 so if anyone is there by that time I'd literally play any game.

EDIT:

I'M BRINGING SMASH 64!!!! BRING YOUR CONTROLLERS. I will also have 1 extra for those who don't have theirs....

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Sorry Eli... I play smash 64 alone in my house so I didn't think anyone would want it until VaNz posted to run it.

Anyway... It's the N 64 version... I'll also be playing Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon the impact boss run option... You can spectate that...

I'll be there at like 3 or 4 so yeah...

Jtails

Smash Lord
ive been talking about smash 64 since w2z no one listens...

oh and i can't make it today. cause apparently now my mom wants to flip out about money. so unless i get a job no more weeklies for me =/

BUM163

Smash Lord
that sucks. smash 64 was soooooo good back in the days... i just played it competitvely. of course i used dk and ness in that game hardbody.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I played Ness with my friends competitively....

We'll probably get a few people for smash 64....

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Lets all convert to smash 64.. I can see that happening 7 years down...

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
You can come by and play Impact's Boss challenge Snakeee. And I get to show off broken combos...

Top Bottom