• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

r.i.p bx weekly. it was ok while it lasted.... on to better and bigger things.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
It doesn't seem realistic at all that people in Queens and Brooklyn will travel to the BX every week especially considering the recent weather (the cold burns your face!!!)

I suggest Bi-weeklies Bum. Twice a month sounds fine. Attendance will shoot up since it's more rare. Just saying, that's what I would do if attendance started waning at my events. :-\

nessqk

Smash Journeyman
brawl is dying.. I'm honestly not surprised.. but I wanna play melee and I refuse to go down the road of capcom fighters again.. lolz.

but I doubt I'm going because I'm hanging out w/ the Tunes on friday :D
OK TVC IS A GOOD GAME AND ALL BUT COMEON LETS NOT GET CARRYED AWAY PEOPLE BRAWL ISNT DYING (CORRECTION SMASH BROS ISNT DYING) soo lets all stop saying that huh hows about it

nessqk

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't seem realistic at all that people in Queens and Brooklyn will travel to the BX every week especially considering the recent weather (the cold burns your face!!!)

I suggest Bi-weeklies Bum. Twice a month sounds fine. Attendance will shoot up since it's more rare. Just saying, that's what I would do if attendance started waning at my events. :-\
doesnt anti travel from west bubble Fu^& to play brawl everyweek i think the game has more effect on people than you know

ANTi_

Smash Hero
yeah your right black

Manhattan Bi-Weeklies would be ****.

Bronx Bi-Weeklies would be O.K

:)

Cia

das kwl
well.. what I mean is it's dying in NY. which is kind of important because it's where we live. and I kind of like Brawl. just not when it takes away my melee venues. then it makes me sick.

I also hate brawl when talentless people say it's better then melee. it's like "WTF, are you really THAT stupid??" that's when I hate it lolz
-----------------------------------

oh, and when I say brawl is dying it's not just because of location, but the few people that are going are going to play TVC.. lolz

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
D1 on Silven's account:

I always feel like coming, but since I spend an entire morning to evening at work, I'm already winded by the time I get out (which is like 5pm-ish).

I actually love the venue and the owners, but argh...I get tired of arriving home uber late.

Hopefully I can come to this event, if I do come I don't think I'll enter singles cuz I have work the next morning and I need my rest.

I'll just do teams, and/or hang at the venue...just cuz I miss you guys ^_^.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Oh yeah that reminds me... I need a team mate... Since I never get one... Everyone tells me I should enter doubles too...

It'll be nice seeing you there D1. I agree the venue and the owners are really cool...

I'll be bringing a lag free T.V as usual.

Also can someone help me practice some techniques/test stuff.

So yeah who wants to team with my Ness?

Jay0yeah

Smash Ace
BRAWLS DYING?!?!?!?!?1 =OOOO NOOOOOOOOO

anyways
its just the location -_- even though i love every1 that works there

we all know if these were in manhattan and maybe turned in bi-weeklys it would be a good turn out all teh time =D

i think
LMAO!!!! I love those things Blackanese put. Makes me laugh all the time. Merry Christmas man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jay0yeah

HoMaLoN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HoMaLoN
first and for most. Merry Christmas. 2nd, Silven is right about TvC.... It's just like how when SC4 came out...was overhyped and some random dude called Ethernal Marth or whoever he was was talking about tiers.... o was like -_- com on dude let me enjoy the game.... well u can throw a TvC but its not the type of game i take seriously. Brawl and Pokemon are the only games i'll go to tourneys for so far...and mario kart xD. Q-blast is also right...Silven ur too negative and u shud stop discouraging people...Anti does come from farther cuz it means he enjoys the game so much that travelling isn't an issue... (I think) Point is brawl aint dead...we jsut nee more people to show up more it hype it up...I know i get hyped when D1 and NL show up cuz playing multiple competitive people is fun.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
First And Foremost. Merry Christmas. 2nd, Silven Is Right About Tvc.... It's Just Like How When Sc4 Came Out...It was Overhyped And Some Random Dude Called Eternal Marth Or Whoever He Was Was Talking About Tiers.... I Was Like -_- come on Dude Let Me Enjoy The Game.... well U Can Throw A Tvc But Its Not The Type Of Game I Take Seriously. Brawl And Pokemon Are The Only Games i'll Go To Tourneys For So Far...and Mario Kart Xd. Q-blast Is Also Right...silven you're Too Negative And you Should Stop Discouraging People...anti Does Come From Farther Cuz It Means He Enjoys The Game So Much That traveling Isn't An Issue... (i Think) Point Is Brawl ain't Dead...we just Need More People To Show Up More and Hype It Up...i Know I Get Hyped When D1 And Nl Show Up Cuz Playing Multiple Competitive People Is Fun.
Fixed

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Brawl isn't dieing. This venue has laggy tv's, runs late, and only pays top 2. Also is located in the Bronx which people are scared of for some reason.

The moment Alex holds another Play n Trade tourney I'm sure there will be 100+ like last time. Inui's Jersey tournies get around 50 everytime since Feb, Brawl ain't dieing at all.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Brawl isn't dieing. This venue has laggy tv's, runs late, and only pays top 2. Also is located in the Bronx which people are scared of for some reason.

Hit it on the dot

AND HE ONLY CAME TWICE lol

good stuff keitaro

D1

Banned via Administration
Everygame at high level isn't about spamming mindlessly.

When you play noobs thats how it seems like.

Play SC4 against real players that know their sh**, spamming will get you know where cuz they'll find out a way around your seemingly broken tactic...even w/ the soul gauge BS where you can get critical finishes.

Just GI the attacks that they use to break your soul gauge.

Xivk

Smash Ace
NNID
xinikas-capitol
3DS FC
0877-2190-4820
Everygame at high level isn't about spamming mindlessly.

When you play noobs thats how it seems like.

Play SC4 against real players that know their sh**, spamming will get you know where cuz they'll find out a way around your seemingly broken tactic...even w/ the soul gauge BS where you can get critical finishes.

Just GI the attacks that they use to break your soul gauge.
even so the way SC 4 is with frigan stun attacks, teleporting, and over ranged attacks(with some being unblockable) all involving spamming. it still seems like a worthless game. @_@

cause you think on it brawl is "almost" the same way just it cant be called spamming when someone only uses a few moves cosntantly cause theres only 9 ground moves and 4 air moves. <_<

ComboBaker

Smash Cadet
Oh God i wish i could go to this.
I haven't been to a tourney in forever, and i got TvC today and i love it.
If only they had more tourneys in Brooklyn...

GodotAA

Smash Ace
you have no idea how to play Sc4 then i do admit some characters are cruise control but play rock and try to win by spamming. yea it aint happening...

also stun attacks allow for combos.... with out them half the characters would suck or suck more. oh noe unblockables. many are used as your opponent is waking up so you have to predict them. SC4 takes skill, get better

ComboBaker

Smash Cadet
i have to agree with blackanese. I know a ton of people (including myself) who would gladly go to tourneys for brawl and melee, but it simply isn't geographically plausible for them. We all saw the turnout for the Play n Trade Tourney. What we really need is a centrally convenient venue, and if we did, i'm sure that plenty of people would come.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
you have no idea how to play Sc4 then i do admit some characters are cruise control but play rock and try to win by spamming. yea it aint happening...

also stun attacks allow for combos.... with out them half the characters would suck or suck more. oh noe unblockables. many are used as your opponent is waking up so you have to predict them. SC4 takes skill, get better
+1 Death Note Sig on Smashboards :ohwell:

Venom NY

Smash Lord
I've come up with a valid conclusion to why NYC is dying...when it comes to brawl/melee. There's alot of **** to do in NYC compared to any other state...so yeah IN OTHER WORDS People are getting Lives LMAO

Xivk

Smash Ace
NNID
xinikas-capitol
3DS FC
0877-2190-4820

eh.. after playing online and all i ever saw was astoroth, mitsurugi, that pirate guy, and kilik doing nothing but spammable moves and everyone talking crap i lost complete interest in the game. actually burned it in the microwave. ^_^

but why i dont like it though is to get better at that would be youd have to play that game quite alot to determine the moves in that game and even after you do that than its just boring. >_<

(just me opinion though, no angry arguments @_@)

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I'm still looking for a doubles partner.... Anyone?

Also where there is spam, there is a way around it.

Just don't pick up that salty canned meat from the shelf....

Basically look for a way not to pick it up in the game...

Theoretically speaking

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
eh.. after playing online and all i ever saw was astoroth, mitsurugi, that pirate guy, and kilik doing nothing but spammable moves and everyone talking crap i lost complete interest in the game. actually burned it in the microwave. ^_^

but why i dont like it though is to get better at that would be youd have to play that game quite alot to determine the moves in that game and even after you do that than its just boring. >_<

(just me opinion though, no angry arguments @_@)
Although in that game everything is avoidable (literally) it's still gay. EFF SC4.

Nah lemme stop. The game is cool and all but I would NEVERRR tourney it.I have a limit to the frustration that occurs after I lose to the BS that people pull in that game to win. And yes I have more than basic knowledge of the game D1 so STFU!!! :)

Ryan-K

Smash Master
cause you think on it brawl is "almost" the same way just it cant be called spamming when someone only uses a few moves cosntantly cause theres only 9 ground moves and 4 air moves. <_<
there is definately spamming in smash games. the way brawl is set up makes spamming way more important than the other games though

Top Bottom