• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

r.i.p bx weekly. it was ok while it lasted.... on to better and bigger things.

BUM163

Smash Lord
Wassup people. I just spoke to the boss of the place and he is down to let me do weeklys. ranging from venue fees and the choosing of the day to throw this. basically i can also start training grounds and set the price and time.

This thread is started because things to be get up and running. Please discuss how would ya want things to be run. i'm thinking the way i ran things in web2zone cept there is no time limit on what time the store is closing. He was fixing the place up even more and i'm bringing a tv, i don't use over there.

BRAWL and MELEE can be thrown in this venue including other games. www.fltmaxcybercafe.com

ighttt well jan 23 , 09 is a friday in which brawl weekly will happen starting from 5pm until brawl weekly is finished.

melee weekly coming soon also. i have to make sure alex and alukard if they throwing a tournament that i'm not colliding with them. then from there a melee weekly can happen.

10 dollars venue fee.
10 dollars per team/ 5 dollars per teammate.
5 dollars to enter singles.

location is 904 prospect ave between 161st and 162nd st bronx, ny 10459.
number to flt max cyber cafe is 1 347 269 5139 and bum number is 1 718 581 9380.

when you go downstairs from the train station, you gonna look for the chicken spot on the corner. follow that side of the sidewalk till you reach a store call fltmax cyber cafe. its in between two stores and look small from the outside, but theres a downstairs.

rules of nyc brawl

neutral stages

battlefield
final destination
smashville
lylat cruise
yoshi 's island/brawl

counterpicked

castle siege
rainbow cruise
delfino plaza
brinstar
frigate orpheon
norfair
pokemon stadium 1
pictochat
halberd

one counterstrike for the player/team first round only
one ban for the player/team.

Bans within characters

the standing and walking ddd chain grabbed is banned. don't like it don't come.

anyone that can constantly grab ness or lucas is banned. don't like it don't come.

ice climbers infinite is not banned.

stalling is banned. thats old school.

any other bans please notify me as soon as possible.

if BOWSER or GANONDORF is to grab you and suicide you, it's both of ya last stock and it is to determined the match, BOWSER OR GANONDORF IS THE WINNER. i seen only bowser having this and to me it's unfair that they both have those type of moves and only bowser gets it. It's not like there are many bowser or ganon players to begin with.

ightt sign ups is at 4:30pm. i will be there around 3pm in which people can start arriving at that time. if you can bring a tv and setups please do so. the more the better. the std is for the players that want to stay over night and play smash or other games. this is optional and no one is being held hostage lol. this is not every friday. i will put it in title when it is a std.

i will talk to the boss today and make it that if people bring a whole setup, to reduce the fee on venue for the player that brings the equipment. since i'm doing three games, it's only fair to do that and that way people don't stray away. this will only apply when their is multiple tournaments taking play..... other than that this doesn't take effect.

CREW WAR

very soon we plan on having a whole bunch of crews come and battle it out to see who will come out on top and can having rights to say they are the best crew. this will be within a month or two and we will record everything from gameplay to the players. this can be for brawl and melee, if melee still has enough crews. i don't think there has been one and i want to do this before 09. please be ready and i will post up on all crew threads letting ya know.

CREW POINTS/ CREW RANKINGS WITHIN THIS VENUE.

The way this will work is that we will rank crews within this venue. In order to get crew points, you must accomplish the following acheivements. Not only is this to rank crews within this venue, but soon enough will come along prizes.

For each member of your crew that enters an event, points will be added to your crew's scoreboard.

Entering both events also will add bonus points to your crew's scoreboard.

Placing top three will put a big amount of points to your crew's scoreboard.

Placing top three in both events will add bonus points to your crew's scoreboard.

Placing number 1 gives your crew a large amount of points and moves your crew up one rank so if your crew was number 8... they will be number 7. This is very important for when the CREW WAR HAPPENS. always strive to get to number one. the thing is if someone places 1st place and not in a crew... what should happen? Any questions or problems with this please contact me and let me know what are your thoughts about this. points will be adjusted according to acheivements real soon.

Please let me know your crew name and i will put them down in the list as soon as you give me your crew name and the members of your crew so we will know who acquire the points for your crew.

THE CREW WAR WILL BE IN EARLY DECEMBER. SO CREWS START PREPARING. PRICE AND RULES WILL BE UP REAL SOON AND THIS IS FOR BRAWL AND MELEE.

Coming soon player rankings within THE BX VENUE.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Sounds good Bum. I'll try to be there as much as I can... Not sure if I can go every week though.

D1

Banned via Administration
Friday tourneys PLEEEEEEEASE!!!!!

I work Sats plus we don't wanna conflict w/ Alukard's weeklies ^_^ or other major tournies na'mean son?

BUM163

Smash Lord
friday's starting what time? what ya think would be good and thats very true. would ya want tg back on wednesday?

D1

TG was fun as hell I need something to do on Wednesdays anyway.

I believe the time should be around 5pm?

BUM163

Smash Lord
i got new video of the place. anyone wanna see, my screen name is oni163.

BUM163

Smash Lord
please vote fellas on oct 10 which is friday from 5 30 to whenever or oct 11 starting at 1pm to whenever we finish.

BUM163

Smash Lord
word i would appericate that. so its settle. friday it is. i'm gonna change the title.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Me and Inui will try our best to make it(Keitaro you better take us XD)

AtomskTooGood (3:35:59 PM): yo me and inui have a new team name
AtomskTooGood (3:36:19 PM): and it has a LOOONG story behind it
AtomskTooGood (3:36:27 PM): guess what it is
SCOTTItooHOTTY65 (3:36:39 PM): I dont think I wanna know
AtomskTooGood (3:36:53 PM): its Two Loafes of Bread Hugging
AtomskTooGood (3:37:12 PM): there was this big *** billboard infront of the gaming world venue
AtomskTooGood (3:37:27 PM): and both me blue and inui thought it was like a picture of two girls hugging
AtomskTooGood (3:37:35 PM): but it turned out that as we got closer
AtomskTooGood (3:37:42 PM): it was just two loafes of bread
SCOTTItooHOTTY65 (3:37:49 PM): o_O
AtomskTooGood (3:37:52 PM): XD
AtomskTooGood (3:38:00 PM): so thats where we got the name from
SCOTTItooHOTTY65 (3:38:07 PM): were you upset?
AtomskTooGood (3:38:28 PM): i was confussed as to how i thought loafes of bread were hot women XD
SCOTTItooHOTTY65 (3:38:55 PM): bread is sexy
NY is amazing XD

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
I'm going to this. And i'm letting my opponent pick my character. So I expect to be using a lot of jiggs and cap.

Prove me wrong!!

all that crap stated above is false (except the "i'm goin to this" part)

Keitaro

Aight, seems I'm definitely coming with Eazy, Inui, and Atomsk.

I wanna play some different compition and D1 betta be there!! I WANT SOME FALCO DITTOS!!

BUM163

Smash Lord
anyone that can bring wii's please do so. i 4got to mention that. if you driving and can bring a tv. please do so. remember the place just open.

people bringing wii's

bum
d1
knightmare
snake
jtails/possibly two

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
Hey BUm i can bring a wii if i go...

and one more thing

whats the closest parking to the store. cause i may drive..
wait a second, you live in plainview????? i live in plainview and so does c4 if you didnt know. if he doesnt come which he might not do u think u can give me a ride to the tourny. also we can practice anytime i am always down to smash if you wanna come by. my aim is mindgames2199

GodotAA

Smash Ace
who are you and where do you live....

I def know you
I'm that last house right before the Northern State on Manetto Hill, Across from the elementary school

if i go i might be taking my friend from hofstra too

i usually go there and play after my classes or whenever i'm not playing Day of Defeat.

There's a bunch of people that play there

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
who are you and where do you live....

I def know you
I'm that last house right before the Northern State on Manetto Hill, Across from the elementary school

if i go i might be taking my friend from hofstra too

i usually go there and play after my classes or whenever i'm not playing Day of Defeat.

There's a bunch of people that play there
lol my name is steve but i didnt go to school in plainview. in high school i went to holy trinity. i also play at nassau cc more i been to hofstra like once and would like to go more.

i live right across from fairway dude. like 2 blocks in from manetto hill road. turn onto country drive then laura lane and thats my block.

GodotAA

Smash Ace
darn holy trinity... i def don't know you...

ill be at hosftra today .... i leave for my comptuer class which i just sit on smash boards for it in like 10 minutes and i get out at like 12:15 after my second class...

i usually go straight to hofstra...

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
aight yo i will be at nassau cc all day smashing. i dont have a car so if you wanna come by here that would be cool i would be in the u building u go in then upstairs to the right into the corner room. u don need id to get there. Also i remember now... i saw you at alex's house in the bronx and i think at one of the nyc weeklies but not sure. anyway hit me up or text me if you wanna smash. 1(516)459-8694

BUM163

Smash Lord
lol its a new store. he has to make money. actually its standard venue fee in nyc. sorry we don't work in a hotel or have a place of our own lol.

Top Bottom