• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] SummerSmash 2012 - February 18th - Over $1,500 in cash and prizes to be won!

Status
Not open for further replies.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Well Scoot, I wasn't trying to convince you. I thought we were just getting our point across. It doesn't have to be about convincing, just about seeing where everyone is coming from.
You're right. In that case, it's better to stop because I probably won't have anything new to say. If you have more to say though, feel free to continue. Though I think everbody understands where everybody else is coming from. It's just that everybody disagrees anyway because there's no 100% right answer.

zApollo

Smash Ace
If there is mk then I have to use snake to have any decent chance. I hate using snake so mk should be banned. This is my personal reason for the ban.

That and there has been minimal problems in SA following the ban.

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
To be honest Apollo, there would be very few MK's in Aus that would make you switch to Snake. Probably like 3 or 4 and that'd be it.

You'd easily beat scrub MK's and semi high-quality MK's. Probably even 2-stock them.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Can we stop talking about metaknight and talk about something else? The TO has clearly put into the rules that mk banned, so lets not turn this thread into the MK Ban discussion.

I wouldnt mind going to the beach this time, since it'll be summer still. Or some group hang out would be cool.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
That and there has been minimal problems in SA following the ban.
Probably one of the better points raised. SA was close to the MK-heaviest state but have since prospered since the banning. There is seriously no harm in trialing a ban: if people are unhappy, you can just bring him back.

Anyway, probably a better discussion for the general thread (or not at all, since the last discussion got locked;)). On topic, err... QLD Brawl have no chance in crews:bee:

Dekar289

Smash Hero
If there is mk then I have to use snake to have any decent chance. I hate using snake so mk should be banned. This is my personal reason for the ban.
:scared:
if you don't like playing competitive brawl, don't play competitive brawl

it's like when people say "with mk banned we could have more gay stages legal"
pathetic

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I want to go out on Friday night before the tourney like a bunch of us did last time before tpoo. Beating everyone in Billiards and Bowling gave me the ego boost I needed to perform well at the tourney the next day.

You all suck.

zydron 342

Smash Apprentice
The far away land of None of Your Business
Imo not that it matters really, whats the harm in seeing how 1 tournament goes with the MK ban, I mean, it's not the end of the world or something. Like Pezza said "if people are unhappy, you can just bring him back."

If the tournament goes well with the MK ban in effect and people like it then the ban can stay, and if people dont like the results of how the tourny went then bring him back. Imo i think we should just play it by feel.

On another note, can I stay at your place after the tourny Matt and drop me at the bus stop in the morning please?

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
I want to go out on Friday night before the tourney like a bunch of us did last time before tpoo. Beating everyone in Billiards and Bowling gave me the ego boost I needed to perform well at the tourney the next day.

You all suck.
I'm keen for this. LGS anyone? Hmm actually that's better left until after the tournament :p

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
You can play any brawl stage you want and have fun, just like I could take a dump on your pokemon cards and claim I win for fun, but that wouldn't be allowed at a pokemon TCG tourney because competitive = boundaries are applied.

:phone:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I don't even know what he said due to not thinking straight atm but it involved shitting on pokemon cards so I'll go along with it on that basis. lol

Splice

Smash Hero
You should ban every character with good air mobility so we can play on Norfair and Hanenbow and so on.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
lawl BLADE joined my brawl match while playing my friend. He change his name to Hi and is using snake but he blew it by using his tuant. Little did he no im playing somebody from Canada lolz and plus he has made the game even more laggy and also he is getting it handed to him lol

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
Laser skirmish

QLD vs OoS (/Ocarina of Time people)
Blade vs Australia
Team captain Blade and Bacon creator
Brawl vs Melee
Neckbeards vs Successful businessmen
etc

Discuss

Dekar289

Smash Hero
blade vs robsta bo5 $50 mm
would be so hype i think we'd be crying tears of joy

****ashi

Smash Apprentice
As I see earl is still crying about MK I'm gonna make effort to troll him irl if he comes up just like he's doing here.

And I'm pretty loud lol.

AD3PT is right, only Melee players and earl are really complaining. I don't use this site because of the continued arrogance of Melee players and it honestly looks like its never gonna change.

Insulting him is silly as he was the one at first saying we shouldn't ban mk.

Seriously I used to love Melee before I found this site. Now I just cbf the whole thing which is sadly the result of comments posted constantly by people I would otherwise like.

Don't believe anything about Brawl dieing because I find QLD tourneys to be getting better and better despite all the emo I read on here which is largely from people who don't play anyway.

Arguments like OH WE DIDNT BAN FOX show just how little the Melee players know or really care.

I don't see Brawlers in Melee threads trolling them...

Imo everybody needs to be more like Dif, Cal and Vyse and appreciate the qualities of both games.

But who cares what I have to say on here!

@ the Mana Bar havent spoken to them since the first time

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i thought the same thing lol.

but it doesn't matter.

the important thing is that we don't type too much before pressing enter twice.

posts crafted like this are far superior to the formatting of traditional mortals.

people can see here that I never actually learned how to use paragraphs.

which makes everything i say correct.

but who cares what I have to say on here!

and now i've contradicted my own post.

also people should pretend that brawl deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence as melee.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I will be updating the Queensland Smash Facebook group to continue discussion in there for people who actually want to discuss events etc at this tournament. Trolls are funny occasionally, but its getting beyond stupid now. I swear the only thing hurting the smash scene in Aus these days is this site, and the continual, ridiculous onslaught of trolls, flaming, bull**** artists and the like. New players read threads like this and go woh **** that. Older players leave the scene because they don't want to deal with the **** anymore. It's the main reason I seperated brawl and melee up here in QLD.

It actually sucks that there are some of us devoted to increasing attendance and making a scene bigger and better, and there are those that are continually trying to drop the standard of the scene. As ****ashi said, I was one of the first people to say no to the ban on MK, however I have seen good results in America and here where MK hasn't been played and this has therefore altered my opinion on the matter. Not to mention many others in the brawl competitive scene.

Melee players need to stop trolling, flaming and re-igniting the issue. I'd still play melee if half of you weren't the ****tards that you are.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I will be updating the Queensland Smash Facebook group to continue discussion in there for people who actually want to discuss events etc at this tournament.
Can you at least add me to that group so I can stay updated with everything?

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
Melee players need to stop trolling, flaming and re-igniting the issue. I'd still play melee if half of you weren't the ****tards that you are.
you're mistaking the melee scene for one or two people

about 90% of the qld melee scene doesn't post on smashboards. in terms of melee-only people it's just me rob zac and jbirds who post here semi-frequently. the rest of the scene either only lurks, or does everything by phone. you should come play some melee, we're really quite nice people ^_^ and even zac was giving helpful advice last tournament.

but i agree with the general idea of your post. smashboards has a terrible attitude =\ i only really come here to keep updated on tournaments now.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
you're mistaking the melee scene for one or two people

about 90% of the qld melee scene doesn't post on smashboards. in terms of melee-only people it's just me rob zac and jbirds who post here semi-frequently. the rest of the scene either only lurks, or does everything by phone. you should come play some melee, we're really quite nice people ^_^ and even zac was giving helpful advice last tournament.
^ This.

I understand why people can get annoyed by some things that Zac says but he's fine in real life. As dif said he's actually giving us advice now :p

Dekar trolls sometimes I guess lol but I'm assuming Matt was reffering to QLD melee scene. I've never had beef with anyone myself personally. Everyone's nice really.

I think what's really making some brawlers tick atm is that some Melee players who don't associate themselves with Brawl at all are telling Matt how to run things/what's best for the brawl scene etc while on the flipside I don't recall any brawlers stirring the pot for the Melee scene.. ever? Correct me if I'm wrong.

There's definately some misguided opinions on people from both Brawl and Melee people towards each other yet I don't believe any of you have actually sat down in real life and talked to each other about.. anything. I think it would be good if both scenes co-exist with each other.

tl:dr Sort out your **** guys. lol

****ashi

Smash Apprentice
I find Syke and all the other Melee trolls for the matter hilarious irl, its just their online personas that irk me.

I use to play Melee nightly with a crew of about 7 people between 04-07. One day one of them Googled Smash tournament QLD and found an event Syke was running in Brisbane which we were excited to discover so we started planning two cars of people to go check out.

That was until they actually read the thread which was just full of insults, negativity and general arrogance as well as a blow up between Syke and Scrubs about trying too hard in friendlies. Before even all this Melee >Brawl dribble became commonplace

This killed the desire for everyone except me and the guy who found it to go and tbh I didn't go back here until Brawl because the community appeared to consist solely of *******s which I now know is not the case

I know Syke is a hero on here but I just wonder how many people have found QLD thread and seen the trolling and just not bothered as I've seen first hand.

Its definately a small vocal minority of Melee players which partake in this gamism though.

tl:dr
SYKE: Brawl so bayud
****ASHI: Do you come with the car?

OH YOU TE HE HE HE

LINE BREAK

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Responding to Dekar exclusively.

ew how anti hype

afaik i'm only top oos not coming
which probs mean oos would get crushed in state crews... unless we count gladstone as oos lol
still should be enough people.
Imo it should since they are so far removed from us.
Also it should be state of origin style ****.

i thought the same thing lol.

but it doesn't matter.

the important thing is that we don't type too much before pressing enter twice.

posts crafted like this are far superior to the formatting of traditional mortals.

people can see here that I never actually learned how to use paragraphs.

which makes everything i say correct.

but who cares what I have to say on here!

and now i've contradicted my own post.

also people should pretend that brawl deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence as melee.
Mango always used to post like this. Then he got permabanned :c

@Thread:

Imo,

One way or another, there is a definite need to consider the state of the game we're playing to the point of banning MK. If it's good enough for America, it's good enough for us. I do not give two ****s about Japan or Europe's opinion. America is the only external influence I care about.

Matt is doing a good thing that takes balls to do. He is experimenting where the rest of you laugh and scoff and don't do **** except criticise. We've ****ed with the game enough to get it this far, so I don't see arbitrarily banning a character being as detrimental as it sounds. It's already bad that I have to count how many times I get to grab the ledge.

I would rather a reasonably sized tournament try it at the start of the year, than a trial mid or end of the year. So just think about it that way. It's not an irreversible thing and it's not an Australia-wide thing either. So like, don't ban him and don't attend tournaments that do.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i defs never argued against it for this tournament specifically, just taking the opportunity to discuss the issue in general

vyse is your youtube account vyseownz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom