• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] SummerSmash 2012 - February 18th - Over $1,500 in cash and prizes to be won!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khoa

Smash Cadet
Stall deck. T_T

I might have to put in more MSTs. :p

Can I like bring some cards to trade with you?

Remastered

Smash Lord
Definitely bring your yugioh cards along, there are a few of us up here who will trade. Especially me :).

Kaion, any news on the mana bar event on the friday night that you were looking into. Will talk to you about finalising the visitors itinerary too.

We are hoping to have something on for everyone from Friday through too Monday, either being events, dinner, heading out somewhere around here, and of course plenty of smash. I will update the OP as soon as we finalise it :).

asianaussie

Smash Hero
you should probably test against your metagame then - the deck itself sounds ok in theory, but theory is just theory

is your metagame nothing but TZPS, hydreigon, cinccino and trainer-heavy eelektrik?

if yes, glhf

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Our metagame is too hard to predict. Basically we test a variety of decks then decide at the last minute before a tournament which deck we decide to use. In all honesty D&D is probably the best choice against an electric heavy metagame

:phone:

zydron 342

Smash Apprentice
The far away land of None of Your Business
I will be attending and also if anyone wants a couple of friendlies with a yugioh spellcaster deck, then come at me bro. I will also have my cards to trade if anyone is interested in them.

The idea of a mini TCG area is awsome +1 for that.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
You should just host an official TCG area or something and tell the guys at lansmash. I'm sure TCG's go outside the smash group. Then again I wouldn't know, TCG's aren't my thing.

:phone:

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
+1 for crews -1 for the existence of PR matches. -_- Seriously, PR matches defeat the purpose of the actual bracket.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
What exactly are crews?
Basically one team plays the other in 1v1 format.
Usually at majors like this it's said state (QLD in this case) against the rest (Smashers from NSW/VIC/SA etc).

Each team has a determined amount of players with 3 (Brawl) or 4 (Melee) stock each player.
Then both teams proceed to send out their players one by one until one team wins.

I'm really bad at explaining how a crew battle would actually go so if someone wants to step in and back me up with how the stocks work then please do lol.
(For anyone else who needs to know lol)

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
basically it's as jei said, but when you lose a stock it's gone for good.

so let's say player A is sent in vs player B and they both start with 4 stock. player A wins with 2 stock left. the opposing team then sends in player C and when the match starts it's player A vs player C but player A has to kill himself until he has 2 stock and THEN the match starts.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
What exactly are crews?
basically a team vs team competition.

not a 2v2 though; players pick teams, then send in players one by one. stocks are kept, so that if one person beats the other with one stock remaining, they will have one stock in the next match, and so on, until all the players from one team have been defeated.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I think it would spark his interest more if it was an actual yugioh tournament. But from what people are saying it's just going to be a friendlies table...

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
i might run conkerDURRRRRRRRR truth just because zekrom is an oversized ******

machamp truth is pretty legit actually, maybe that
Play Machamp Truth, not Conkelderp.

Machamp has the right HP and Damage output for Truth.
Conkeldurr has 220HP, yeah, but his damage is too low to knock stuff out.

Theorymoning here, but Truth w/Conkeldurr has to juggle too much damage and can't get stuff out of the way quickly enough to deal with it.

It would take 240 damage from Tornadus + Eviolite before knocking it out.

Machamp could 1 shot it with Champ Buster, and go for a 2 hko with Crushing Punch and discard Double Colorless in the process.

Just play Donphan/Machamp/Vileplume IMO.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Conkelderp has 140hp initially but it's ability gives him an extra 20 hp for every fighting energy attached to it. His attack cost is 4 hence the 220hp Vyse is on about. Machamp's strongest attack will usually do 130-150 damage where as Conkelderp maxes out at 80.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
ah k

*hasn't played Pokemon since primary school and since the GB game WHICH IS THE MOST AMAZING GAME OF ALL TIME*

Maybe I'll get a pokemon deck and I'll beat you guys up with Goldeen and Magikrap.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
if not then qld can lend OOS some people.
ew how anti hype

afaik i'm only top oos not coming
which probs mean oos would get crushed in state crews... unless we count gladstone as oos lol
still should be enough people.

earla

Smash Lord
i asked m2k what's happening in usa regarding the mk ban. he told me that basically half of america is banning him and half isn't.

my impression is that Japan ISNT banning mk and europe also thinks its a joke.

so most of the world MAY NOT be banning mk.

unfortunetly the TO's here seem to think mk is breaking the game. interestingly, just recently FOW ness defeated tyrant + tearbears mk's and won a socal tourney. esams pika defeated m2k mk recently. more evidence that MK is VERY BEATABLE and some characters have UNTAPPED potential if people are patient enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom