• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] SummerSmash 2012 - February 18th - Over $1,500 in cash and prizes to be won!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Alternatively ban MK, add more stages.

I wanna play on Pictochat and Rainbow Cruise and No_Fair.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Recorded video of good quality >>> stream quality videos, even at the huge majors like ROM. I hate having to watch trashy quality videos on YouTube purely because they wanted to run a stream.

:phone:

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
i'm not hyping my stream. i said "highly likely" which means it's not 100%
or rather, in my world, highly likely means if people want it then i'll try and make it happen. if nobody cares then meh.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Yeah but he cant construct words for crap. Lol.

I'll admit my grammar is quite bad at times, but at least get the spelling right, even on easy words. Its very atrocious to red.

Just an elitist prick really =)

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I realize he was trying to give advice in a way, but he didn't need to say only have half a brain and imply I'm ******** pretty much lol.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT **** happens so, Back to the actual topic.

I'll probably come up for the same amount of time again as last time if its okay with both of my jobs. (Should be since im only casual in both)

asianaussie

Smash Hero
wow rage

same question as always, can 64 get a corner (testing the waters, we probs won't even go though since the tech guy likely can't)

universal rulesets only work up to a point, only ban if there's a problem indicated by evidence and not just theorycraft

Hughalicous

Smash Apprentice
I can bring my 64 if there is demand, and I know some of us have it on virtual console. There's normally enough set ups, so I don't think there's any reason not to have one. Remind me closer to the date

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
wow rage

same question as always, can 64 get a corner (testing the waters, we probs won't even go though since the tech guy likely can't)

universal rulesets only work up to a point, only ban if there's a problem indicated by evidence and not just theorycraft
pretty sure james said something about not being able to get time off work during jan/feb, will ask tomorrow night to confirm.

is cundletown on the way to queensland? i might ask a couple of people (canberra smashers i've never met?) if they want a lift and go pick up 1der.

huge hypothtical for now anyway, driving to qld is a big commitment. if it ends up happening i'll probs get bored of winning 64 all dai/losing at melee all dai and drive myself and whoever to the beach/watch anime :awesome:

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
robs b beats mk b
robs down b beats mk b
if u SHIELD u can punish after
if you PSC grab u beat nado
if u nair above it u probs beat it
APPARENTLY u can SDI out of nado

OBVIOUSLY u havent spend any serious time practicin vs nado so of course u get ana l'd by it

it funny, i rememba playin u n i nado you. then u land stop and spotdodge a few times and dsmash? wat r u thinkin.. then i continue to nado u n u jump around. then once again u got spotdodge habit over and over agin nado nado. of f ukin course u lose to nado.
spam spam dsmash... NADO BEATS DSMASH BY THE WAY

if u have that **** ^ above listed down, NADO IS BAD FOR MK unless he does it real smart.
but of course u dont haf it down, cos ya'll dont practice.

instead u winge 1000x about how u get wreaked by somethin u haven't seriously trained to counter.

instead of takin responsibility for losses u blame the char.

if u's had half a brain then u wudn just run into it mindlessly throwin out moves COS U CAN. see what allan did first set v me. PROPS

scrub attitude, now we got a ban happenin. good for you. watch it solve all your problems n u all will magically start placin higher.
wow. if you don't realise that mk is the best in the game by a significant margin, then there's something seriously wrong.

he can counter everything. he has more safe options than any other character. no bad matchups.

and he doesn't get juggled! oh how amazing that would be! imagine, only taking one hit at a time!

don't pretend that everyone can counter metaknight, because quite frankly, they can't. and ROB has it incredibly bad.

saying that nado is bad unless you play smart is freaking stupid; why don't you just play smart then? god forbid, you might actually have to be kinda good to win.

geez.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
People are allowed opinions. Doesn't mean they're right. lol

I think the MK ban is silly, but I don't even use MK so I don't care tbh.

They should have banned MK years ago, not 5 years down the track.

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
Wtf Ike jab aaa is so powerful and you can kill peepuruzu wif eet

He's fully charge B can like ko characters when they have 40%+

Someone ban Ike plz

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
Lololmetaknight. Anyway, I'll probably be going to this and hopefully someone can house me. If not, I might get driven up like the good ol' days.

Also, Jaice/Matt, what are your LoL names? I forget.

Splice

Smash Hero
wow. if you don't realise that mk is the best in the game by a significant margin, then there's something seriously wrong.

he can counter everything. he has more safe options than any other character. no bad matchups.

and he doesn't get juggled! oh how amazing that would be! imagine, only taking one hit at a time!

don't pretend that everyone can counter metaknight, because quite frankly, they can't. and ROB has it incredibly bad.

saying that nado is bad unless you play smart is freaking stupid; why don't you just play smart then? god forbid, you might actually have to be kinda good to win.

geez.
GaW doesnt get juggled either + I **** ROB by just pressing A and rolling my face on the controller.

And Earl does play smart which is why his Tornadoes are good (sometimes) and a lot of other people suck at MK. Earl does win and it's coz he's more then kinda good, idk why you would insult the ability of someone when that isn't even the topic.

Anyway you should ban GaW too thanks my character is the best and I'm 2g, need limits if im gonna attend this "walk-in-the-park" of an event.

zydron 342

Smash Apprentice
The far away land of None of Your Business
Wtf Ike jab aaa is so powerful and you can kill peepuruzu wif eet

He's fully charge B can like ko characters when they have 40%+

Someone ban Ike plz

@Toki Ike's jab aaa does a total of 16% damage; and so what if he can cancel them into extra jab cancels. Ike's fully charged B can ko a MK at 25%+ without DI. he would be more viable to be banned if he had better recovery other than horizontal and verticle and if he was faster.

If anything random should be banned coz it's so random.

Remastered

Smash Lord
As funny as you guys sometimes are, please leave out your posts about unrelated topics. Keep the thread on track.

Brawl ruleset is up in the OP. No more about metaknight please, he is banned for this tournament, and that won't be changing. Feel free to discuss stages however, keeping in mind the absence of the bat.

Dif can you link me to a thread with a current melee ruleset, or one that you want to use for Summersmash. I'll update it in the OP with any other info you want in there too.

People please sign up in the sign-up thread, I want to know numbers asap for timing of events etc.

Gametraders will again be sponsering this event like Santasmash, I will update this as soon as I know what prizes are on offer.

I'll PM you about LoL Jessie ;).

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
Just gotta find a few things to sell to help pay for the plane ticket and I'm on my way. Also whats the expected amount of attendees?

Remastered

Smash Lord
It really depends on how much promotion I can get out in the next 2 months. I have teamed up with gametraders here to hand out flyers for the event to people who come into their stores. This will include Gametraders promotional stuff too. We will have about 20 regulars from QLD Brawl scene, and close to the same amount for melee in QLD I would think, so it will all depend on oos and new attendance.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Sponsored by Gametraders? Good stuff, AD3PT.

Would be interesting to see how the tourney goes without Meta Knight. Was he banned at SantaSmash too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom