• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] SummerSmash 2012 - February 18th - Over $1,500 in cash and prizes to be won!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Calm your farm Zack, it was an estimate, hence the 'I think' at the end of the sentence. You would have heaps if everyone turned up.

We had Gametraders sponsership for Santasmash of $170 in gift vouchers to a non-major, so I'm pumped to see what they put in for us this time. Metaknight wasn't banned, however other tournies in Aus have had soft and full bans, and they have worked really well. Much more diverse character pool in all cases :).

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Like I said in the sign up thread, it'd be cool to see more Brawl people picking up Melee and vice versa. I remember reading about some Melee players actually wanting to play Brawl with MK gone, so it would be interesting to see if his banning improves the turn out.

Still don't get why some Brawl people don't play Melee as well; the game is all kinds of amazing.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
As funny as you guys sometimes are, please leave out your posts about unrelated topics. Keep the thread on track.

Brawl ruleset is up in the OP. No more about metaknight please, he is banned for this tournament, and that won't be changing. Feel free to discuss stages however, keeping in mind the absence of the bat.
Naww, only sometimes? D:

RE: Staegs

Starters:
BF
SV
CS
PS1
YI Brawl
LC

CP's:
FD
Delphino
No_fair
Frigate
Halberd
PS2
Port Town
Pictochat
Jungle Japes
Rainbow Cruise
imo. Though some people were telling me that people get super salty over No_fair (It's no fair) and Port Town, but:

[collapse=I don't care like:]
[/collapse]

Also I agree more people should play Melee! It's fun!

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I think most people didnt like norfair due to the size of the stage, some characters can run away all day on it. Although I think the hazards make up for it. Haven't played the stage enough to judge properly though.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Yeah, the stage is very big, and it also gives aerial characters a good advantage.

The hazards are negligible imo, but they do pressure people and cut the stages size by literally a third when they're active, but yeah, No_fair does push the boundarys a bit.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Melee's higher learning curve puts people off I think for the most part but it would be nice to see more people play both games..

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
You people obvs havent played Jezmo's falco on Japes.

We forgot to put timer on and do you know how many mi-goreng I could of made?

But that was in 2009

I declare a PR match against Blade

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
QLD PR V6:

1. BLLLAAAAAAAAAAADDDEEEEEE
2.BLAAAADE
3. Le Blad
4. Blade V2.0
5. BLADE
6. Blade!!
7. BLAD
8. Blade?
9. B!ade
10. Toki

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Melee's higher learning curve puts people off I think for the most part but it would be nice to see more people play both games..
What chu talking about? Pick your favourite character and forward air.

If, for whatever reason, you pick Pichu, use up air instead.

In all seriousness, and so as not to get yelled at, I'm gonna be at this for defs.:cool:

Remastered

Smash Lord
I enjoyed melee a lot, 5 years ago. I wouldn't say one has a higher skill cap than another, they both play very differently. With MK gone, I think the skill cap on brawl will increase over time. MK was an easy mode top tier toon. Pro ban on Pichu, side b goes too far.

Thinking about setting up some TCG tables at this event. I know there are a lot of people who play them, so it might be a good change-up for some over the weekend.

Remastered

Smash Lord
No, you're wrong, I didn't say it didn't, I said they can't be compared. Before this turns into another QLD melee ego fest, what do people think about the card games idea?

Pokemon
Yugioh
Magic

Obviously we don't want to cut into smash time, so it will only be a friendlies table or 2 set-up to play cards, and if you have a smash match, you postpone and come back to it. Thoughts?

Agreed, a Catherine setup would be good Dif!

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Nah it's not that simple.

Melee's skill gap is largely technical, while Brawl's (excluding mk) is mostly involving mindgames and spacing.

And those can always improve.

:phone:

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yer brawl is slower floatier melee minus the tech
unless you include all those very techy infinites that (further) ruin the game
ripping on brawl is fun can we have tournaments for that

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Catherine will be a fun event. You can count on Vyse, Arrow and myself to bring Pokemon cards. If you're reading this tibs and asianaussie, you guys should bring your cards if you're coming to this. ;)

Khoa

Smash Cadet
Cool. ^_^

May I ask how good your deck is? What deck you use?

I use spell counter and debris zombie, they're okay but most likely get stomped at competitive level.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I played pokemon cards with ricky, but I dont know if we were actually playing it right xD.

Dont have a prepared deck, but I got lots of cards to probably make one

Booking flights in January and hopefully jetstar brings back that amazing deal.

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
Wish I still had my old deck from when I was a kid. Though even back then I barely knew how to play. Though I will be happy to trade anyone a chocolate bar for their Blue Eyes White Dragon:cool:

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
So Khoa and I should be arriving at Brisbane airport at approx. 1.50pm on Friday 17th Feb.

Anyone keen to pick us up?

Also departing at 5.40pm on Monday evening, if someone can also take us back mebeh?

Preety please? I do so much for you OoSers :p

jks jks

Remastered

Smash Lord
I play stall decks, I have 5 different ones. 1 BP, 1 Wattlock, 1 Dark Element, 1 Blackwing, and a plant counter deck. If anyone wants to play yugioh, I can give you one of my decks. I do well at competitively level if I don't run out of time to draw out the opponents deck. I haven't lost by anything but sudden deaths in tournaments, which is why I prefer friendlies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom