• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Power Rankings V6.5 - Update 4/1/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Marth has one bad matchup, and he's barely top five.
Well with MK legal, that's a -2 at least for Marth, Diddy is easily -1, possibly -2, and D3 is -1 for Marth.

Three bad match-ups, two are worse than Snake's bad match-ups, plus Marth goes even with a bunch of character, and barely beats others.

While you have Snake losing to a few characters not too badly, going even with a few others, and beating others by a lot.

With MK banned Marth should be top 4 though, it should be something like, 1. Diddy, 2/3 Snake/Falco, 4.Marth.

Snake will always be a top 3 character (unless D3's start being able to do their standing infinite on him lol), he's just that good.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
dude we are so oldschool, we have experiance and know so much about this game, you new comings coming in here and stating your opinions as fact is probably what attila is referring to as arrogant.

we actually play the character, have played the game in top level, and in other countrys and been way more out there then you.

you guys are just fish in a pond but we've gone out into the ocean (if you'll excuse the terrible metaphor) you see your pond, and judge the ocean by the ponds standards.
(SA is a very small pond)

I'm arguing this on pricipal, we have the knowledge and experiance, we've been out there, you are just a bunch of theorycrafters, and people who come up with such amazingly convicing arguements such as,
'ganon has a good matchup against mk, I beat x player in my scene's mk with ganon'

when you get older, you realize that experiance should be listened to, unless you are a dud, and we (me and attila) have proven that we arnt duds

Ghost is right, Luke. Regardless of what yourself and Attila think.

Play Luigi if you want a character to winge about legitimately, I might just listen to it then. Atleast 7 MU's worse then 70:30.
ghost has proven himself to be an idiot and nobody listens to him anyways, regardless of what you think.

also I have played luigi, in plenty of tourneys, I know all about that ****.
I was (and probably still am rofl) australias best luigi (also at the time australias only luigi)

And we're not whinging, I know that snake is an amazing character, nowhere are we complaining, attila is just going on about matchups and **** and I'm backing him up.

see how two good experianced and well worn players are backing each other up, whereas the only people that back you guys up are bad or new, or both.

basically, I know my **** and have earnt credability, you kids havnt, if you had come along to the scene back when it was alive and thriving, you'd have been laughed at for your crazy whacked out ideas.

you dont get an apprenticeship and then 2 months in start trying to teach the teacher.

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
I don't think any Australian's can say they're too knowledgeable about this game. The pond you are refering to is actually Australia, Luke.

I, for the most part, actually agree with you, but just the way you said that sounds very arrogant. When trying to prove a point, you should try to avoid speaking like that. Nobody reacts well to that kind of tone and it's not in your best intrest, if you're effectively trying to prove your argument. That's all I'm saying.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Man how do I know if there's a thread with Luke in it, somethings going down.
SETTLE GUYS.

Marth is -1 with MK, Diddy and Dedede
maybe ice climbers, maybe maybe wolf and maybe maybe maybe dk.

Marth's super special awesome match up with MK is why he's top 5. Crazy!

Also I probably know everything, because according to Luke (and if its luke, its likely to be a lie or the truth) I invented everything. By stealing the power of the sun after Foxy discovered everything.

On discussion about "valid opinions" -
I take a lot of information about dem metagames from what I read, watch and discuss with high level players about from time to time. And by high level players, I happen to mean people who can actually take REAL stocks off of M2K, sorry Attila ;). Some of us real original brawl lovers put hundreds (I wouldn't be surprised if it was in the thousands considering play time as well) of hours into learning and researching this game, we understand a lot of things and have broken through any naivety we had about "What we may think is good".

Moral of the story,
Attila in the past saying "Snake gets hard countered by olimar and dededeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee unwinnable mus" was a bit silly at the time, but he's a bit beyond that. That being like 2 years ago.
I fully expect new players (and sometimes even old) to come out of no where and be like "GANON MU WITH MK ISNT THAT BAD", and it's hard to justify your knowledge to them because they seem to dislike respecting the opinion/knowledge/etc of people who a lot of people would agree would know better than them...

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
2c in response to shaya:

i was crap when m2k was here. i didn't win anything back then, and earl's mk wasn't good enough to teach me the mu. i actually think i'm pretty good now (no, not saying i'd win in america, just saying i wouldnt get absolutely *****).

i havent said that oli/d3 are unwinnable for ages, but rather, that theyre hard, and definitely not in snake's favour. same as marth.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Man how do I know if there's a thread with Luke in it, somethings going down.
SETTLE GUYS.
haha, thats like saying man how do I know that if I go to japan, japanese people will be there.

Also I probably know everything, because according to Luke (and if its luke, its likely to be a lie or the truth) I invented everything. By stealing the power of the sun after Foxy discovered everything.

...wat

and yes australia is pretty much a pond, but I've been outside of that pond and so has attila.
also yeah, what jesmo said pretty much lol.
nice one.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
i havent said that oli/d3 are unwinnable for ages, but rather, that theyre hard, and definitely not in snake's favour. same as marth.
That's why I noted that it was 2 years ago ;)
So even dem high level players were once scrubs. But when we all were like "lol attila you're wrong" he was like "really?" and we were like "yep" and he would be like "haha alright" and then we'd continue to be bffs.

Until someone in the US or japan lost a match and then BAM he'd be like "I totally said olimar mu is unwinnable" <3.

At the moment the 'play out' of these conversations as of late go something like this:
"you're wrong", followed by "nah, I'm not" and then we say "but take into consideration our experience" and then they're like "nup" and then we're like "manqqqqqq" and then you're like "lol GG" and then friendships and bridges are BURNED TO THE GROUND AND THE VICTIMS ARE FOREVER LEFT IN DESPAIR AND AS A RESULT SOME PLACES STILL HAVE MK LEGAL.

Stubbornness is amazing. I can understand the attitude, considering I'm stubborn enough (or correct enough depending on your opinion) to say I know all. And if I don't know about it, Ted knows about it, and if ted doesn't know about it, then EA knows about it, and if he doesn't know about it, then I roll over to aim and instantly find out from someone who does.

Btw, I would suggest disregarding this post, if you read what happened to me in queensland, plus me being awake for 40 odd hours, I don't evenk now what im typing anymore.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
lol carried away in a qld thread.
qld so viable now, real arguments.
real over the top egos.
real world smashboards.

sensible debates.. where u actually read each others posts, would be nice... not really in here though.

Remastered

Smash Lord
come first in two tourneys and second in another have you?
My Luigi stats speak for themselves, and I did it later in the metagame when Luigi got worse :p

Come back and beat me using whatever character you want, with all that experience you have :)

Edit: Laser skirmish on the Sunday may be possible, depending what time of the day we do it. Also I miss my oos ACL champs :(. Working on a reason for all of you to come back and visit again.

Remastered

Smash Lord
what have you done.
I pot stir, where no one else has pot stirred before :oneeye: << (have always wanted to use this smilie).

Edit again: Hopefully we can organise a skirmish early on the 20th, and I can probably house 2 people other than Jessie on the Saturday night. Jes gets the sofa upstairs though because he is royalty.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
only the best/worst person ever.

haha adept, **** that, I'm retired and ****, working full time trying to save up to study to become a pilot, I dont got time for that ****.

how about you just play ted, if you can beat him you can beat me :)

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
Blade, apologize to Luke now. Such insolence!

You know how god created earth in 7 days?
Luke created the Universe and gave birth to God in 7 hours.

Jesus walked on water
Luke swims on land

etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom