• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[QLD] Power Rankings V6.5 - Update 4/1/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
By the way, I would definitely suggest practicing SDI.

You don't pick it up over night, but it eventually becomes secondnature.

SDI can help you survive near KO attacks, such as how I survived your Ness's PK Thunder 2 with Zelda at 110%.

SDI makes weird stuff happen sometimes though, like how I rammed into the ground when I walked into your yo-yo.

Practise it in training mode, set the speed to 1/4, get another controller and charge up a spamus charge shot and shoot it. Let it hit you and wildy move the control stick around. You'll notice it instantly.

swordsaint

Smash Master
i didnt abuse anybody

snix sent me a warning about discussing member bans and warnings and to stop bragging about gettin away with trashing mods (lol, i never did that, I was pointing out palces that snix singled out aero)

then aero made another alt and spammed like 10 posts in a row

i said "lol you're going to get perma banned"

then i was banned.

>_>

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
sdi and di are different things

sdi isnt during hitlag, its during the first few frames of hitlag, which is why you can only reliably sdi multihit moves, since they keep putting you back in those first few frames.

Shadowblade

Smash Apprentice
i didnt abuse anybody

snix sent me a warning about discussing member bans and warnings and to stop bragging about gettin away with trashing mods (lol, i never did that, I was pointing out palces that snix singled out aero)

then aero made another alt and spammed like 10 posts in a row

i said "lol you're going to get perma banned"

then i was banned.

>_>
those ten posts were mine:awesome:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
sdi and di are different things

sdi isnt during hitlag, its during the first few frames of hitlag, which is why you can only reliably sdi multihit moves, since they keep putting you back in those first few frames.
lol yeah, not during all of it, but it's still worth SDI'ing all the time as much as you can.

But I never said anything about DI. lol

Unless you're talking about PK Thunder 2, in which I madly SDI'd down and to the left, and then DI'd at a perfect trajectory to only *just* survive. lol

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
lawl

Wi-Fi helps SDI tremendously assuming there isn't too much input lag.

But yeah, SDI gets you out of dumb stuff like Halberd laser, dtilt locks and even things like smart bombs (if you like items).

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
di still comes into effect from hits though, in changing the direction some things send you, in regards to getting out of chains and ****, for instance there are alot of 'chain grabs' that are only chain grabs if you do nothing, but as soon as you hold a direction you will move away after the throw and they cant regrab

thats how its related.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Yeah, DI is more important than SDI in surviving stuff, SDI gets you out of sticky situations though that DI can't.

Kinda like how Zelda can regrab after dthrow if they don't DI properly (at all lol).

I know what you're saying though, yeah, yeah.

Edit:

Actually what I just said isn't entirely true. DI can get you out of sticky situations.

Soz I lied.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Stop lying to these people Blade.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Gunna PM Guyver and tell him to perma ban you nao. :p

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
1. It's Wi-Fi
2. It was lagging like a *****
3. I WALKED into your f-smash
4. I couldn't ftilt lock you
5. I would feel bad if I just pulled out Sheik's chain and watch you flail around like a Magicrap trying to get past it

>.>

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
I met Shaya at EB expo <3 .......but he was busy talking to someone and I'd feel bad if I interupt him and I was talking to Vyse so we couldnt talk much. I felt bad for not interupting his conversation lol

All the other mods resigned.

Get new mods like meh :troll:

Ghostbone

Smash Master
di still comes into effect from hits though, in changing the direction some things send you, in regards to getting out of chains and ****, for instance there are alot of 'chain grabs' that are only chain grabs if you do nothing, but as soon as you hold a direction you will move away after the throw and they cant regrab

thats how its related.
There's no true chain-grabs you can DI out of in Brawl.

Edit: Actually I should amend that, there are a couple of grounded grab-release chain-grabs that you can't do it the person being released holds away (though that's completely separate from what's usually referred to as DI)

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome

Edit: Actually I should amend that, there are a couple of grounded grab-release chain-grabs that you can't do it the person being released holds away (though that's completely separate from what's usually referred to as DI)
Uh, I think you missed the point. lol

;)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
there has never been a point that he got

thats exactly what I meant, and the reason why that isnt usually referred to as DI is because everyone is an idiot and uses the terms wrong.

let me break it down for you duds

DI = directional influence, what you were talking about there with moving away by holding a direction is directional influence, anytime your influence what direction you are moving from an attack, that is DI.

DI is mostly used however, as a term for surviving attacks that you wouldnt without it, however the actual proper term for that is momentum cancelling, even though you are influencing yourself directionally.

both are right technically, so its not seperate at all scrub.
what hole do you people come out from?
why did I even bother writing this?
why was I ever born?

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Uh, I think you missed the point. lol

;)
Na you misunderstood what I meant.

You don't have to DI out of any chain-grabs that you would be able to DI anyway.

thats exactly what I meant, and the reason why that isnt usually referred to as DI is because everyone is an idiot and uses the terms wrong.

let me break it down for you duds

DI = directional influence, what you were talking about there with moving away by holding a direction is directional influence, anytime your influence what direction you are moving from an attack, that is DI.

DI is mostly used however, as a term for surviving attacks that you wouldnt without it, however the actual proper term for that is momentum cancelling, even though you are influencing yourself directionally.

both are right technically, so its not seperate at all scrub.
lol you're dumb.

Sure, DI stands for directional influence, but we're specifically talking about influencing the direction of knockback when we talk about DI, nothing else.
Sure you can use the term differently, but it only serves to confuse people, which is dumb.
I'll even quote the standard terms list for you
DI (Directional Influence) [Universal] - Influencing the trajectory that a hitbox sends the victim by holding a direction after hitlag has finished.
There you are, in the smash community, we use the term DI to describe influencing the direction of your knockback.
If you're talking about influencing your direction while falling, that's drifting, and that's what you do to get out of grounded grab-releases.
Completely different from DI ;)

Momentum cancelling is not the proper term for surviving attacks, if all you do to survive attacks is momentum cancel, you're doing it wrong.
And DI isn't even mostly used as a term to survive attacks, unless we're talking about Melee, as in Brawl, it's only one of the steps for survival.
In commentary sure, because you don't have time to go "Great DI and aerial > fastfall and DJ for survival!" as by then other stuff is happening in the match....

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Well, all throws have a hitbox and put the opponent into hitstun. You can DI from a throw, and I'm pretty sure Luke was referring to throws like Peach's "chain grab" (THERE ARE OTHERS /caps), where if your opponent is lazy at DI, they'll get regrabbed.

DI does affect multiple hit attacks though. Like Ness's PK Fire and Ivybad's Bullet Seed, usually DI gets you out faster than SDI (Or at least that's what I've noticed).

OMG HOW GOOD ARE THE QLD PLAYERS AT BRAWL COMPARED TO EACH OTHER? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom