• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A thread ASK QUESTIONS HERE.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Alright, I'll keep that in mind, thanks again for your help. Btw, your videos are snawsome.

EDIT: Oh yeah, my question. If launched off the map horizontally, is it possible to simply do a B-reversal to stop your momentum? I can't seem to get the timing right, or maybe it isn't possible.
Sadly, no. As of now, it is not possible.

Broletariat

Smash Cadet
Sadly, no. As of now, it is not possible.
Aw man, I was freaking out about the possibility of getting smashed off and then coming back with the same velocity while shouting "Doyoh!" I refuse to give up, though. If there's a mechanic that allows us to reverse our momentum at normal jump speeds, there's gotta be one for faster speeds. Back to the drawing board(training room).

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
If a mechanic like that exists, the competitive scene of brawl will die the moment it gets exposed.

Or the said mechanic could get banned?

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Aw man, I was freaking out about the possibility of getting smashed off and then coming back with the same velocity while shouting "Doyoh!" I refuse to give up, though. If there's a mechanic that allows us to reverse our momentum at normal jump speeds, there's gotta be one for faster speeds. Back to the drawing board(training room).
If a mechanic like that exists, the competitive scene of brawl will die the moment it gets exposed.

Or the said mechanic could get banned?
The Lucario Boomerang mechanic. heh
I see what he means, which is like using the running/jumping velocity mechanic that is used for Broversal, on ppls attacks.

This wont work partly because when lucario is running/jumping, you can Broversal from running/jumping animation.

But when you are hit lucario's Knockback is completely different from running/jumping and thus the same mechanic wont work because well for one, your being knocked back so theres some kind of stun effect going on.

If you could however make it that when Lucario is hit by an attack he moves but isn't stunned, then you could very well Broversal, hell you could just Dair and stop moving all together.

Ban worthy? I say maybe, it would mean if this was widestream that everyones attacks could be buffered to just pushing, and all those deaths from just Knockback stun would become pointless.

If such a thing was ever figured out, I would have to call Brawl, Nerf.
-t2

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Probably by jumping/shining or some other fast aerial...need frame data blah blah blah, etc etc...

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
btw, I talked to TeeKayDee about this, I think we'll need to re-explore the CG on fox, because I don't think we tested it with buffering, he said he COULD NOT shine out of it in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pclwmndc4ko&feature=email#t=2m05s

And everyone who knows TKD knows he's no slouch in this game.

Maybe a look again at the CG is necessary?
Shine is frame 3. Jumping is frame 1 or so. Probably needs until frame 2-3 to get out of Luc's grab range. Not that surprising honestly. I could've sworn the CG was tested to be legit from the start.

Broletariat

Smash Cadet
Ok, there's an easy way with B-sticking, but it's lame.

Here's an easy explination:

Press B!
Smash the opposite direction!

Here's how to make it work: time your thumb movements so that you hit the alternate direction immediately after pressing B. Just hop into training mode and jump up and down while pressing B and smashing the opposite direction(from where you are facing).

From there it's a simple matter of using that same technique while jumping forward. Some say it's not important, but man is it awesomely confusing to people.

EDIT: Question for you ol' pros. What's keeping Lucario from being higher tier?

Edit 2: On my previous epic idea of the lucario momentum halt w/ a B reversal, it sadly won't work with hit stun, however, if you're ever in the mood for some real hard giggles, time a Breversal juuuuust right on frigate orpheon.(Hint: When the stage flips.)

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
A few things. Bad matchups with higher ups, abusable recovery, less overall range than people who matter, aura being a double-edged sword, few reliable kill moves, slow grounded attack speed, etc. Just basic character weaknesses. He'll probably be high tier again, but he's not going to make THAT much of a jump, if any.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><

- "Average-ness"
- No advantages on S to High A tiers.
- low representation [getting fixed]
- Aura is very variable and weird to judge over solid positives on the lower A tiers

thats just my take on it other then what has already been said.

He's going to get higher though.

Broletariat

Smash Cadet
It's not a terrible disadvantage though, right? I mean, I see the MU ratios for those fights are slightly down for us, but in the end, the better player with better knowledge of the MU will win even against those tiers, right?

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
The MU problem is that most of Lucario's problems are very common, i.e. DDD and Diddy.

And while what you said is true, there is a certain level of "oh god the aura better save me now oh god" that comes into play.

A few things. Bad matchups with higher ups, abusable recovery, less overall range than people who matter, aura being a double-edged sword, few reliable kill moves, slow grounded attack speed, etc. Just basic character weaknesses. He'll probably be high tier again, but he's not going to make THAT much of a jump, if any.

I'd have to disagree with the less range and no reliable kill moves claim. If anything, most people ***** about Lucario having a Fsmash that can KO somewhat reliably with a disjointed hitbox that hits for a good area. Plus, most of his aerials plus Dsmash and Fsmash can KO (albeit some not as well as others without some aura boost).

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I'd have to disagree with the less range and no reliable kill moves claim. If anything, most people ***** about Lucario having a Fsmash that can KO somewhat reliably with a disjointed hitbox that hits for a good area. Plus, most of his aerials plus Dsmash and Fsmash can KO (albeit some not as well as others without some aura boost).
Meta Knight, Snake, Marth, King Dedede, and maybe Diddy Kong are what I mean by us having less range. Maybe you could add on characters like DK and Mr GnW, but they can be slowed down with fsmash, so maybe not.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
a banana is a free almost anymove

a banana has more range and priority then any move lucario has

and diddy VS luc is not our favor.

AT ALL

go**** I'm just like lee

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
He's a filthy butt-scratching monkey, who litters too.

What more do we need to say?
that he probably acquired those clothes by molesting little kiddies.

our matches are depressing btw. i wonder why we havent dropped to C-tier.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
that he probably acquired those clothes by molesting little kiddies.

our matches are depressing btw. i wonder why we havent dropped to C-tier.
We haven't dropped to C-tier because even though our character is terrible, everyone below us is even worse. :V

Shenlong

Smash Cadet
Question when are the better times to use nair? It's probably the only aerial I can't seem to find a place for in combat much besides fair/nair.

MasterC77

Smash Rookie
This is an actual question BTW

When an opponent is in the air above me I try to utilt, but i don't know a fast way to have the tilt going up. Usually i try to slowly move it up as not to jump but that isnt fast enough, other times i UPsmash but they float away from me.

So...

What do most people do to get off utilts fastly?

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
Utilt comes faster from the back. if you're facing your opponent, learn to pivot utilt on command because it's useful. It's also good for punishing people who float right next to you.

Top Bottom