• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A thread ASK QUESTIONS HERE.

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
This is an actual question BTW

When an opponent is in the air above me I try to utilt, but i don't know a fast way to have the tilt going up. Usually i try to slowly move it up as not to jump but that isnt fast enough, other times i UPsmash but they float away from me.

So...

What do most people do to get off utilts fastly?
turn tap jump off. Then push the left thumbstick only halfway up. then hit the a button. going only halfway up on the thumbstick is usually slow enough to not register as an usmash.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
This is an actual question BTW

When an opponent is in the air above me I try to utilt, but i don't know a fast way to have the tilt going up. Usually i try to slowly move it up as not to jump but that isnt fast enough, other times i UPsmash but they float away from me.

So...

What do most people do to get off utilts fastly?
Work on finger dexterity. Don't smash the stick all the way up. Just tilt it halfway or so and you'll be fine. It'll still register as a tilt. You don't need to worry about that whole "tap upwards slowly" bs if you just tilt it upwards halfway to start with.

Real men use tap jump. It helps you practice for the game that really matters: Melee.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
TAP JUMP ON IS FOR PROS

if you get good at it [or have small fingers like I do] its quite easy to tap back and then quickly tap up slightly again.

For better Control Stick Control I recommend the FlameWaveK Finger + Thumb hold on the stick :)

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
TAP JUMP ON IS FOR PROS

if you get good at it [or have small fingers like I do] its quite easy to tap back and then quickly tap up slightly again.

For better Control Stick Control I recommend the FlameWaveK Finger + Thumb hold on the stick :)
Or you could just pretend you're playing TMNT Smash-up and just utilt diagonally backwards.

10diagonalbacktilts.

Milln

Smash Champion
Kita, mail me your copy of TMNT Smash Up. I wanna play it, but I don't wanna pay for it.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
ugh. I didn't like Smash up....

and considering i'm a hardcore ninja turtles fan, that's saying something.

hough123

Smash Ace
Where do you guys see Lucario on the next tier list?

Personally, I believe that he will raise a tiny bit, or stay. Although, I could see him dropping. (Yay for my lack of decision)

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
I personally believe he will rise again. hopefully to top 10 spot like before...

or at the very least above kirby and father away from ZSS.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
He'll probably move a spot or two.

Javon89

Smash Ace
Errr.... well I'm a little new to Lucario, and I find him to be a viable and challenging character and I want to learn how to play as him better. (played Lucario for fun) So you might be seeing me around the socials.

Are there any videos or good guides that I can see? And I might be uploading some videos on Youtube for you guys to critique.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Errr.... well I'm a little new to Lucario, and I find him to be a viable and challenging character and I want to learn how to play as him better. (played Lucario for fun) So you might be seeing me around the socials.

Are there any videos or good guides that I can see? And I might be uploading some videos on Youtube for you guys to critique.
look through our video thread and find somebody who's lucario style fits yours :D
we have three lucario guides, one by darkdragoon, one by Milln ( Infi-Ephe) and one by iRJi.

while RJ's is the most recent one, it won't hurt to look through the other two guides as well.

Milln also has a video series called inner fire. While outdated, it's still ok for basics.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ Bear- Asian isnt synonymous with japan you know. there's like... tons of other countries :/
but yeah i agree. He should be at least above Kirby

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
@ Bear- Asian isnt synonymous with japan you know. there's like... tons of other countries :/
but yeah i agree. He should be at least above Kirby
too bad I remembered you saying you lived in Japan, you stupid ***. I hate you now, go back to being Japanese, sushi boy.

I may or may not be joking. :l

I lol'd hard that the word j-a-p is censored, LOL

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
too bad I remembered you saying you lived in Japan, you stupid ***. I hate you now, go back to being Japanese, sushi boy.

I may or may not be joking. :l

I lol'd hard that the word j-a-p is censored, LOL
too bad you remember the wrong person. because i never stated i lived in Japan @_@

you hate me now.... coz you remember me wrongly? wtf man. I always said i lived in the Philippines never have i said i lived in Japan. (and if in the tiny case i DID say that, sorry, i lied :p )

P.S I ****ing hate sushi

hough123

Smash Ace
Quick question: I use my double jump after a fair as part of DI. Should I do that, or save it to recover?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Quick question: I use my double jump after a fair as part of DI. Should I do that, or save it to recover?
Depends on your %. It may save you, it may not. Use your judgment whether to use it or not. If you're pretty sure you'll die anyways, use it. If you're only at like 100% and got hit by something that didn't belong to Snake, it's probably not a good idea to use it.

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
too bad you remember the wrong person. because i never stated i lived in Japan @_@

you hate me now.... coz you remember me wrongly? wtf man. I always said i lived in the Philippines never have i said i lived in Japan. (and if in the tiny case i DID say that, sorry, i lied :p )

P.S I ****ing hate sushi
l2sarcasm
afasdfasdfasdf

hough123

Smash Ace
never do that, it's a horrible idea. Always save the jump for not having to use ES to recover. Imo, fast falling with fair works best in almost any situation.
Oh, duh. I forgot that FF'ing DI's as well.

Thanks, guys =)

Loota

Smash Journeyman
never do that, it's a horrible idea. Always save the jump for not having to use ES to recover. Imo, fast falling with fair works best in almost any situation.
I'm pretty sure jumping is the best thing to do if you're sent flying about in an 15-40 degree angle. I'm not the guy to explain it but fast falling and jumping after momentum cancel fair gives you like extra lenght to survive. You will have the issue of getting back to stage without double jump but at least you didn't die to the side. That is why this should be used only when you would die otherwise.

I'm not the guy for this ;-;

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
It's something that should be judged tbh, there's a time and place for both, and doing DI is actually a little more than what people put it on paper. Doing it rashly will make the save for nothing, so I'd frankly see how the MU works, what the pattern of edgeguarding is, what stage, and what percents/angle you're dealing with. If it's someone who can't edgeguard offstage like at all (like snake) I'd be more worried about surviving than giving yourself one more option that probably won't really matter anyways, but against people like Marth, D3 or MK it's VERY important to keep that second jump in certain situations.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
What is a effective way to learn how to space far better than i already do?

Training mode isnt working, in training i can space fine, and then any game i play spacing becomes a problem again.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
In some MU it helps live longer.

in Some MUs it doesn't make a difference.

Generally if your opponent has an Strong Offstage game its a nono.

Demp

Smash Journeyman
Why is it that, especialy on Wifi, when I play somebody who might secondary, third, or whatever, Lucario and they find out I play Lucario too they feel naturally inclined to do HURRRR DURRRR FVCKING Lucario dittos with me and make me want to skin a baby orangutan alive?

Also, since I am new to Lucario, what is BAS? I infer it is the small AS's, so I am guessing Baby Aurasphere or something? And what is that AT that makes you DI in a certain direction when you use AS in the air?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
BAS = Baby Aura Sphere, aka those uncharged ones

That my friend is B-reversal AS, you basically input another direction via analog stick, release, then immediately press B and you get that weird reverse effect.

Demp

Smash Journeyman
Then why aren't DK's 1-wind punches called Baby Punches? ;)

And whenever I do B-Reversals with Luc or any other character I never get that weird effect. I DI a little bit toward that direction if anything. Does it have to be much faster than a normal B-Reversal? I don't understand what is so much different.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It also depends on how much momentum you have. If you do it from a just a simple running shorthop, your B-reversal should carry you back at least half the distance if done properly...at least that's what I'm picturing in my mind, lol.

hough123

Smash Ace
From these posts, I got an idea. What if we used B-reversal after getting hit?
I guess that this might have already been tested, but whatever.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yeah, even weird ones like DK and D3 (reverse inhale ftw) have some b-reversal trixies.

I gotta admit though imo the characters that use it the most are probably Snake, Lucario, Yoshi, Pit, Zelda, and Lucas imo (I may be missing a few, probably the more projectile reversing ones that do it to reorient their direction more, like Falco, TL, etc.).

Top Bottom