• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A thread ASK QUESTIONS HERE.

hough123

Smash Ace
When I said Lucario was slow, I wasn't refering to his movement speed, but his attack speed. His ground game is really slow, and I agree, his air game is faster than his ground game, but his only truly fast air attack is down air...

I guess I could use some tips on how to play Lucario too
Lucario's one of those characters that you need to learn about to get him. It's a marvel that he's so high. (Because of what I stated, not because he doensn't belong.)

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
When I said Lucario was slow, I wasn't refering to his movement speed, but his attack speed. His ground game is really slow, and I agree, his air game is faster than his ground game, but his only truly fast air attack is down air...

I guess I could use some tips on how to play Lucario too
instead of low startup time for attacks you get low ending/cool down time. This is pretty much what dj said. With slow startup you need to bait and punish instead of just trying to rambo everything. There's a time and a place for pretending to be rambo: unexpectedly.

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
I feel like this is a stupid question, but-
What exactly is a pivot -insert attack here-? Is it just doing the attack in one direction while facing the opposite way? How exactly is it performed? (I'm aware of how to do a pivot Falcon Punch if I'm correct on the definition, but otherwise...)
...Anyone willing to answer? I'm trying to improve my tactics, but it's kind've hard to do so if I can't understand some of the terms... :/

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
...Anyone willing to answer? I'm trying to improve my tactics, but it's kind've hard to do so if I can't understand some of the terms... :/

pivot grab: during a run turn around and grab, has extra range and can slide as well.

during the start of a dash you can Fsmash which has extra range, you can also dash dash into an fsmash, thus the term "pivot" fsmash.

Milln

Smash Champion
I like Night's Lucario picture. It's fluffy. =3 I'd have answered him because of it, But Kay beat me to it, the jerk.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
There is a wikipedia article, a wiki, and a ae article. look it up.

Actually, dont... You probally wont ever come here again once you learn.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
haha

HQ5, I'm your parental adviser you can just send me a PM cause no one is going to answer you question here.
and wikipedia is also a pretty good answer to that too.

also, We ever going to get around to brawl+ lucario+? Like match-ups, guides and so forth?
-t2

hough123

Smash Ace
haha

HQ5, I'm your parental adviser you can just send me a PM cause no one is going to answer you question here.
and wikipedia is also a pretty good answer to that too.

also, We ever going to get around to brawl+ lucario+? Like match-ups, guides and so forth?
-t2
A minority of players actually play Brawl+ competitively. I'd say that if we can get a majority of people to say that they would use/contribute the guide, we should go for it.

....but that's why we have the hacks general discussion board.

hough123

Smash Ace
I am! I want to have Wolfs body and have an attraction to blue foxlike furries. Especially Krystal :D
I think I just threw up a little.
No emoticon can express my face, but it's something like this:

NOw lets move this discussion to the chat thread =)

Milln

Smash Champion
A minority of players actually play Brawl+ competitively. I'd say that if we can get a majority of people to say that they would use/contribute the guide, we should go for it.

....but that's why we have the hacks general discussion board.
Wait so are we discussing B+?
Pound 4 will be the biggest Brawl+ tournament (and probably biggest side event tournament) so far. Then.. shoot, what is it... something somewhere will be an actual Brawl+ thing. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes over once it goes Gold, which is soon.

C'mon man, everyone's got their little quirks
Umbreon's cute.

Hah, thanks~ I think I made the ears a tad short, but oh well. xD I'm a she, by the way. Shocker.
It's still adorabibble.

culexus・wau

Wrong thread,

So a Question instead!

You guys ever think of grabbing hitboxes with FP?

I've done so but only with like DK

heeeeeeeeey gaaaaaaiz, im baaaack :3

but also, so during my tentative break from lucario and after coming baaack i was thinking about out kill options, do you think it would be a legit idea and as a suggestion to make a thread listing off our kill moves and making a spread sheet of their kill percents? :3:3:3 <3 you lucario buddiesss

Vionce

Smash Journeyman

but also, so during my tentative break from lucario and after coming baaack i was thinking about out kill options, do you think it would be a legit idea and as a suggestion to make a thread listing off our kill moves and making a spread sheet of their kill percents? :3:3:3 <3 you lucario buddiesss
it sounds useful, but the way i play, all of my moves are half stale, so kill percents mean very little to me when they're only accurate for fresh moves.

~edit:
plus, you'd need to add another layer of complexity from damage and stock modifiers. Most people who play lucario (and smash in general) have a sense of when a move will kill. Since it's highly unlikely anyone is going to memorize a list, the only thing it will do for us is give us a concrete or definite sense of when moves will kill rather than just instinct and experience.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord

Kill moves:

Fsmash
AS
FP
Dsmash
Uair

K, thanks bai. :) lol

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
bair is like.... aerial Fsmash lol. if only we could utilize it the way peach can use her fair....

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Is using nair to land on the ground a good options most of the time?

Milln

Smash Champion
If your opponent isn't shielding or you're behind them, yeh.

If they are, you're better off faking the nair, fast falling, then trying to grab.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Is using nair to land on the ground a good options most of the time?
Well what I like to do is DAir to beat their shield a bit and then hit them in the head with NAir. It will hit some character's heads 'n stuff.

Nair landing will get you punished rather easily if you get too careless with it (since it does not technically autocancel >.> ).

Does anyone know the specific frames for each increment of damage when charging up an Aura Sphere?

culexus・wau

Landing nairs are a good bait if people don't know how low the landing lag is.

I would much rather empty hop when they are aware lol.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Well what I like to do is DAir to beat their shield a bit and then hit them in the head with NAir. It will hit some character's heads 'n stuff.
Using dair will get you shield grabbed if spaced wrong. And since it stops momentum there not much you can do if you mess up.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I just used my stopwatch to time it and got about 1/5 of a second between the pressing of B and flicking the the control stick....if that actually helps.

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
I just used my stopwatch to time it and got about 1/5 of a second between the pressing of B and flicking the the control stick....if that actually helps.
wouldn't that be a pivot tho?

if you pressed b then move the control stick it should be a pivot if you flick the control stick and then b that's a b reversal...

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
What's the exact timing for B reversal Aura sphere charge? It just randomly happens when I'm playing, but I can't do it consistently.
It's probably like 5-9 frames. I'll check that out with the debug code eventually.

Press B first, then backwards almost immediately. You need to be quick, and probably should press the B button around the same time you're moving the control stick. It takes a little bit of practice. I personally have more trouble with turnaround spheres than b-reversals, though.

Also, Ice, you have it backwards. B reversal is when you change direction during the animation, along with a momentum boost for some characters. Turnaround B is when you turn around and then do the special, which has no momentum boost.

To B reversal, press B, THEN hit backwards.
To Turnaround Special, press backwards, THEN hit B.

Top Bottom