• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A thread ASK QUESTIONS HERE.

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
let's say i'm fighting snake and i shield his utilt at it's maximum range. Is ftilt or dtilt my best option to punish? Everything else I try seems to be slower than snake's ftilt or jab.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
how do you get rid of severe anti-gaming sentiments?

my parents are trying to get me to quit videogames and start building houses for the poor on weekends -_-

-Ran

Smash Master
let's say i'm fighting snake and i shield his utilt at it's maximum range. Is ftilt or dtilt my best option to punish? Everything else I try seems to be slower than snake's ftilt or jab.
U-Tilt hits on frame 6 to 13. It ends on frame 37. This gives you 24 frames to work with, which is well within the frame speed of both of your F-Smash and your d-tilt. You should also be able to get away with fair out of shield [would be tight?].

how do you get rid of severe anti-gaming sentiments?

my parents are trying to get me to quit videogames and start building houses for the poor on weekends -_-
"The harder you push, the less likely anyone follows your agenda."

Actually, just make them watch Penn and Teller's episode of Video Games on Bull****. =D

Browny

Smash Hater
uhhh, did you take into account shieldstun? It's apparent you didn't consider shield drop lag. There is no way ftilt has 24 frames of punishable lag lol.

and anyway, he was talking about utilt >_>

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
F-Tilt hits on frame 6 to 13. It ends on frame 37. This gives you 24 frames to work with, which is well within the frame speed of both of your F-Smash and your d-tilt. You should also be able to get away with fair out of shield [would be tight?].

"The harder you push, the less likely anyone follows your agenda."

Actually, just make them watch Penn and Teller's episode of Video Games on Bull****. =D
lol that sounds like the best advice ever.
No joke.

-Ran

Smash Master
Blockhitlag: 9 on a normal shield. I had a typo since it was early, those figures are for Up Tilt, just I put F-Tilt instead. If I recall correctly, a perfect shield has a significantly lower amount of hitlag.

Browny

Smash Hater
noooo

theres no way you can fsmash to punish an uptilt haha. its probably more like, 10 frames of actual punishable lag.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If Lucario could punish Snake's utilt with fsmash, then it would make the matchup more fun.

But he can't.

So it's not fun.

Loota

Smash Journeyman
Holy ****! I went under Final Destination with Lucario today o_o I haven't heard anybody mentioning this so was this known before?

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
I dunno. I just know Lucario can go underneath BF, and smashville...

BTW. Today, My lucario got ***** while my Falco *****....

but then Lucario went full on **** and 3 stocked the stupid MK in FD.

See? Aura works outside matches.

Loota

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, you definitely need to wallcling. It isn't possible to traverse FD without it although it's already freaking hard to do. I only managed to do it only once since you must be almost pixel-perfect.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
URGENT HELP:

I decided to re-learn fox in 5 days and now I forgot how to play Lucario.

[Been trying fullhop cross-ups, too many empty hops and nair offstage lool <<]

Can Someone answer the following?

1.What are Luc's most reliable cross-ups?

2. Approaches?

2.where is the exact spacing where you want to SH fair? general and character specific wise?

3.What is the best way to go about single player training? :\

4.Whats our General Gameplan, be brief and informative.

5.Is it better to momentum cancel with Fair + FF or Fair/AD -> Jump?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
One thing I can answer right now (kind of busy atm) is DEFINITELY use Fair, it's in the top 5 best momentum canceling aerials (trufax).

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Double post:
I'm trying to explain the stockcario "Anubis" strategy thing in doubles to someone else, but I'm having difficulty in explaining considering the multipliers are weird.
Besides the general info, what does the optimum stock count look like for everyone on the field before he starts to actually use the buffed multipliers?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Double post:
I'm trying to explain the stockcario "Anubis" strategy thing in doubles to someone else, but I'm having difficulty in explaining considering the multipliers are weird.
Besides the general info, what does the optimum stock count look like for everyone on the field before he starts to actually use the buffed multipliers?
Lucario 3, Partner 3, Opponent 0, Opponent 0.

But seriously, he needs a partner who can stock tank amazingly well in order to counteract the debuffs he gets when someone is lower in stock than him. Lucario really doesn't want to be the last one alive usually, especially against someone like MK, since he'll not only have to deal with his opponent, but also that gay "two people are dead, so I'm technically ahead by two stocks and thus am weak as hell" dealie.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
URGENT HELP:

I decided to re-learn fox in 5 days and now I forgot how to play Lucario.

[Been trying fullhop cross-ups, too many empty hops and nair offstage lool <<]

Can Someone answer the following?

1.What are Luc's most reliable cross-ups?

2. Approaches?

2.where is the exact spacing where you want to SH fair? general and character specific wise?

3.What is the best way to go about single player training? :\

4.Whats our General Gameplan, be brief and informative.

5.Is it better to momentum cancel with Fair + FF or Fair/AD -> Jump?
1. Fair-> nair, change timing a little, fair -> bair, fair-> dair behind, fair -> AD and vise versa, fair -> FP (time it correctly and you'll know what I mean), fair-> utilt/grab or fair -> AD->utilt/grab, fair -> turnaround AS (not b-reversa exactly, just throwing AS from a distance after breaching your opponent's shield, mixups like empty hop stuff or SH -> FF nair work sometimes too, but once again they are mixups.
2. You have two 2's. A lot of the stuff mentioned for one kind of work as options for approaching as well
2. Depends on scenario, but try making it safe or make the hitbox connect are usually the best things to look for.
3. Work on stage teching, hitbox control, b-reversal I guess, reading rolls/spotdodges, and I guess basic edgeguarding.
4.Win. Need I say more? tbh it really depends on MU, but imo it's to get enough damage on him so that whether you win or lose the first stock doesn't matter.
5. Already answered it iirc.

Browny

Smash Hater
I think it's possible to go under FD without wall clinging...

You have to fullhop charge an aura sphere facing away from the stage, throw it as you pass the ledge so it pushes you far under, jump then ES to the ledge.

Loota

Smash Journeyman
I also thought about going under without wallcling although I was sure yesterday that it isn't possible.

I remember the AS momentum boost thingy discussed a long time ago where you charge AS and airdodge to somehow make some momentum to get horizontally further. I haven't tested myself but I believe that there is a change that it gives enough boost to reach the ledge without wallclinging. Lucario has that massive ledgesnap range so I would't be suprised if that worked.

I'm not sure about DJBrowny's way. I think that it won't reavh but who knows... At least that can be easily tested unlike my way :p

Milln

Smash Champion
but also that gay "two people are dead, so I'm technically ahead by two stocks and thus am weak as hell" dealie.
If I remember correctly, in doubles, when someone loses all their stocks, they are removed from the score count as far as Lucario is concerned. But, then again, no one paid attention to me when I did it and instead looked at someone who had a bunch of complex math that no one understood so I forgot what I found actual results on in easy explanations.

Icyo

Smash Ace
Who is currently the best Lucario?
Where can I find some videos of well played matches? I had trouble finding some in the video thread.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I dunno about "best", but the best ones that are active are probably Junebug, Zucco, Lee Martin, and Trela.

The video thread has been lagging because Trela's the epitome of Lucario board laziness.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Can lucario DACUS? uhh yeah its already probably been asked, i just notice when i U-smash i have a bit of sliding going on, and i cant DACUS for shi- so i dont know if he can or cant
His DACUS I think makes him go either the same distance, or shorter. I forget. Just know it's not worth DACUSing... Or using Usmash entirely for the most part for that matter.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
iunno, i never knew if it was worth exploring or rather if anyone has. :X i beg to say different that U-smash is more useful then given credit for
Cement feet doesn't go very far at all with his DACUS at all.
However up-smash is useful, and growing in popularity, but still remains less then helpful, but not down-smash useless.
-snoward

iRJi

Smash Champion
Cement feet doesn't go very far at all with his DACUS at all.
However up-smash is useful, and growing in popularity, but still remains less then helpful, but not down-smash useless.
-snoward
Dsmash is useless????????

Since when o_o

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
I find most of lucario's smashes to be near useless in general....

so much so that the only one i use is Fsmash to punish lag -_-

although yes yes. i do know they ARENT useless, i just cant fit em into my game.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
I dont mean like, marth whiffed an fsmash so i punish him with mine kinda stuff, thats just stupid :/

i mean like predicting an attack, and hitting them with it while they are landing lag and stuff like that.

I find most of lucario's smashes to be near useless in general....

so much so that the only one i use is Fsmash to punish lag -_-

although yes yes. i do know they ARENT useless, i just cant fit em into my game.
S'all good son! its about application! im not the best lucario by no means but ive found good applications for all his smashs except D-smash, which i happen to get a lucky punish on the occasional players but other then that not much else to say abotu D-smash, i actually had another question i was going to ask but i quite frankly cant remember it ~_~

Questionable Edit: Do the lucarios have a chat room? o-O or something like that

Top Bottom