• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A thread ASK QUESTIONS HERE.

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
alright thanks, i'll keep that in mind. i like to go in the air often, so i guess i'll just stick to the ground against him. would upangled ftilt work against bair?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Uptilt will beat any nondisjointed move if only the aura hits >_>
Kirby's dair is more disjointed than utilt, though, iirc. I forget.

Also, don't bother with ftilt vs. Kirby's bair. I'd rather just fsmash. Ftilt may work, but I'm sure it gets beaten out.

Also, I wouldn't try to beat out Kirby's dair. I'd rather just shieldgrab it unless they're being an idiot and trying to dair into me from up high, in which case usmash is probably the lulziest option, or walk away to fsmash. Shieldgrab's definitely the best option though.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
You, sir, have not played ybm's kirby. I'd rather take my chances with the utilt (if it works) miss an attempted shieldgrab and eat kirby fsmash.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
You, sir, have not played ybm's kirby. I'd rather take my chances with the utilt (if it works) miss an attempted shieldgrab and eat kirby fsmash.
I'm really unsure of what the problem is here, then... If he's dairing you, there's no real reason you shouldn't be able to shieldgrab it if you do it properly...

Ftilt may work to counter bair if he's trying to fall bairs on you, I guess. Utilt probably works here, too, but I honestly would rather space fsmashes or bairs or timed fairs or shieldgrab to thwart angled approaches than angled ftilts. Maybe I underuse the move against Kirby. :\

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Luc's grab range is short, Kirby's dair pushes you back. As a result, a lot of the time, you will not be spaced properly to shield grab. Then comes the Kirby foot...

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
You can grab kirby out of his dair with your ears.

and Even then the Dair Shockwave does not combo into Fsmash :/

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Maybe I'm just scared to grab, I'll look into this on Sat.

And I know the dair shockwave doesn't combo into Fsmash (that would kinda suck), but a whiffed grab will leave you wide open for punishment.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
The biggest problem is, if you're going to use ftilt, it's basically trying to punish a punisher, which is a little uncommon. I like it as a preventative measure, ftilt is good to mix in instead of just fsmashing because ftilt walls out people who expect fsmash and shield hoping for a punish.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
i think you can crouch under it...

aside from that, the move is just ****ing safe, there's not much lucario can do

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You can crouch, but the Samus can just space it. There really isn't much to do except eat it or shield/spotdodge it. Just remember that it autocancels. And if they spam it mindlessly, just throw a fully charged AS to make them stop.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Lucario's moves decay like everyone else. However, because he receives an Aura buff/debuff based on stocks and percent, it seems like they don't.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
There are only a few moves in the game that don't suffer decay (ex. ZSS nair), Lucario doesn't have any. However, the aura boost can compensate for a decayed move, and make it stronger than it previously was, but even when aura is influencing a move's knockback/damage, it will always be weaker than the move with the same aura modifier if it were fresh.

Rayku

Smash Lord
who are the top 5 lucarios? so i can look up some vids
There isn't really a ladder for them, but good Lucarios to look at would be

Lee Martin
Rockettrainer
Trela
Azen

These are just the first three off the top of my head. When I began playing, I watched Azen primarily. When Lee Martin established how good he was, I watched him as well. I've not watched anyone else, really.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm honored you listed me, but I would think Zucco and Junebug are more deserving to be on the list. :)

It's just hard to do good when there's a lot of good players in Texas, specifically Houston. <_<

It's all up to Trebla...assuming I don't annoy him to death first, lol. ;)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
There isn't really a ladder for them, but good Lucarios to look at would be

Lee Martin
Rockettrainer
Trela
Azen

These are just the first three off the top of my head. When I began playing, I watched Azen primarily. When Lee Martin established how good he was, I watched him as well. I've not watched anyone else, really.
I would definitely add Junebug and Zucco to that list, they have been placing really well against scary good opponents, but they don't get as many vids of themselves as they should :p

Esca

Smash Champion
Even if Rockettrainer isn't the best, I can almost guarantee his the most knowledgable and smartest Lucario I've ever met.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Lucario's rep is in awesome status now, I like this a lot.
A few months ago we couldn't even name more than four, and our top two mained a crapload of other characters.

Milln

Smash Champion
When did I quit playing Brawl and move on to Plus? I forgot, now. >,> February or something?

Rayku

Smash Lord
I've never heard of Junebug, and I've never seen Zucco play. This is why I didn't list them.

I've heard good things about Ksizzle, but I don't really acknowledge him as much because he "mains" Metaknight (or at least all the videos I've seen of him are of Metaknight)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
There has been, and I think you need to find some higher concentration of scary good players, you seem to beast a lot of people in your area much more (no offense to those who you play), I can see you getting up there :D

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's because no one expects Minnesota, lol.

Zucco

Smash Master
Sorry I dont have many videos. I have really bad luck when it comes to playing on the TV with recording equipment. I also don't get to play on live stream to much because that TV is usually used for big names and my region has alot of them they would put above me. Lucario also isnt too fun to watch for most anyway lol.

You can all see me lose to Ally though when its uploaded, even though I dont think I was doing that good.

junebug

Smash Journeyman
i dont post on the boards much, so i dont really expect people to know me besides in my region. D:

and yeah, what zucco said; don't got many vids either. i should have grand finals from some tourney uploaded in which i went lucario, but i dunno when that'll be.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
I've never heard of Junebug, and I've never seen Zucco play. This is why I didn't list them.

I've heard good things about Ksizzle, but I don't really acknowledge him as much because he "mains" Metaknight (or at least all the videos I've seen of him are of Metaknight)
yeah i main meta knight. wtfs the problem lol. i secondary lucario and am still better than most :p. im not obligated to using him. i just use him when my opponent wont know wtf to do, they are m2k, tyrant, dojo, or anti, or for fun.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Not needed since theres not much lol. He does not have a guaranteed grab release on wario, and as for the other characters he can't really do anything to them out of them. As for the options all of us on the most part know its a free AS, free fair strings, Nair, Uair, and Dair out of it if they don't DI the air.

=].

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I think Ness/Lucas give you a free FP grab after ground release (which is guaranteed due to Lucario's fast pummel), and although I haven't done it, apparently there's a regrab you can do. Kita will probably have to do a vid, since the buffering to dash grab is tough :p.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'll tinker around with this and try to see what Lucario can do with ground and air releases. Probably not much but it's worth a look.

Top Bottom