• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A thread ASK QUESTIONS HERE.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Reversing yourself at the end of your ES when you're kinda sliding on the ground can help shorten landing lag (and it looks cool).

humble

Smash Ace
Ok, thanks, I'll probably use frame advance this weekend and test.

By the way, does ASC scale (%) with aura? Brawl's hitstun is relative to the knockback and damage of a move, so Lucario has more hitstun due to aura scaling, just curious if that affects his ASC as well- how about his throws? I know U throw gives you frame advantage, does the % for it increase with Aura?

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
We have a shieldstun thread, but not hitstun...

There's just so much data to know about Lucario in this game due to Aura its hard for people to gather all of it...

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yes, ASC does scale with aura.

and his throws minus bthrow and dthrow

Basically every attack of his that isn't Dash attack, bthrow, dthrow, and a wake attack have aura multipliers.

Steam

Smash Hero
what is the Frame advantage of Lucario's Fair on hit? I know it changes based on aura but I've always kinda wanted to know what exactly is guranteed out of it barring ****y SDI

Ares

Smash Journeyman
What's the general basis around Lucario's platform camping game..is it strictly a ICs MU strat..or are there other char's its used on as well?
What options besides Dair gives lucario a good platform camping game? (if he has a good one)

in short - how 'gay' can lucario play

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
very.

very.

very homosexually

charge AS on platforms and shield drop cancel into dair or just shield uairs

everything else you need to be smart about.

TimeTemporal

Smash Cadet
So, now that PSC is around, here's a question. Could Double Team be used against multi-hitting moves now?
PSC Bowser's Flamethrower into a Double Team, for instance?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Aside from MK, Falco, unless you suck against Marth with both characters.
Or potentially Olimar I believe, his MU spread is really good minus Falco, Peach, and Luigi, which are fairly coverable by Lucario. Marth's a bit hard too (for Olimar) since it's much easier for a less skilled marth to win than the other way around, but that's pretty evenish if you know the MU well.
Basically you want to look for anyone that can handle Snake, DDD, and to a lesser extent Wario and MK imo. Characters that do well against Fox, Marth, Diddy, Olimar, or Falco aren't bad either, although these are usually not too bad and shouldn't be a big concern for using a secondary for them minus some exceptions lol.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Down toss -> Jump -> Z Catch -> Fast Fall -> Down Toss -> Airdodge/Z-catch [I recommend the former so you can buffer] -> repeat

trela can do it

I should remind him to give me the replay soon :>

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
How am I supposed to play lucario? I've been playing a lot of melee lately, and today I went back to brawl, and I just felt like Lucario was a mediocre character. I'd powershield something, and then the only thing i could do is grab, jab, or some jab canceling tricks, occasionally nair, but I'd only be able to get one or 2 hits and then then the situation has reset and I haven't punished much.
Is this cuz I'm trying to play brawl like it's melee?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I thought in Melee shielding was meh because there's more advantage given to the attacker, and it becomes a prediction game as to when his onslaught will stop (unless you've got shine tricksies).

You're playing Lucario like you are snake where you get like "ZOMG powershield -> dthrow -> dthrow -> ftilt" and you get like 50% lol. Lucario's all about whiffs imo, that's why he's got those longer ranged attacks than most characters (at least the non-disjointed ones).

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
actually, yeah that's a good point about snake. Only, I've been trying to play lucario like I'm melee ganon where fair, bair, uair, dair, down-b, all kill reliably and can be comboed from dthrow and, he doesn't require any change in playstyle in order to get a kill. Against most characters ganon is guaranteed bair or uair from dthrow, or has a techchase which easily leads to a kill move.

Charz

Smash Cadet
Sorry for the noob question but are there any uses for d throw and u throw, i tend to use f throw and back normally. So yeah just wondering.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
So

I've had thoughts cross my mind about picking up Lucario. Just to take care of some matchups I really don't like facing. Some of them in particular would be Luigi, Toon Link, and Yoshi. It could also leave me more stage options and I wouldn't have to strike FD for every other matchup.

I'm not sure if I will end up using Lucario competitively, and this is actually the first time I'm considering it. Think I should go for it, and if so, how can a Wario main like myself use Lucario to his advantage?

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Go for it! Start out with some basic strings and combos (Fair to NAir/DAir) and learn to follow opponent's DI for more strings.

Practice the timing for hitting people with Aura Sphere. (Also, Double Teaming bombs vs. TL.)

When you grasp the basics try practicing Breversals with Lucario and Air Walk.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Uhhhh, good luck finding videos because this one time we tried to get a video up on an advanced tech (Air Walking)... Two broken computers later we kinda gave up on putting it on YouTube.

If you want to know about stuff like that you're better off asking.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Hey guys. It's me again.

It's been ages since i've played Brawl, (approx 6 months.) And while i still remember most of the stuff you guys thought me a long time ago, I picked up the game again to find myself more than a little lost.

What stuff do you recommend i start re-learning? I still remember what to input, I'm just so badly out of practice I don't know where to begin re-learning lucy.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Hey guys I been thinking of picking up Lucario as a strong back up character can any1 tell me some combos/strings with him advanced techs chaingrabs and such please and thank you.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Learn to combo out of fair.

Learn to spam aura sphere from Baby Aura Sphere to a fully charged one.

Learn to space so that your aura hits your opponent, and not Lucario's body.

Learn to zone with your aerials, fsmash, tilts, jab and aura sphere.

Learn to recover properly on stage

Learn to safely land with extreme speed if an opponent is edgehogging you, and so you don't get punished when you go into falling mode, or from the landing lag. (Will knows what I'm talking about)

Practice B reversals.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
If you need to quickly learn how to manage ES try practicing against an ICs main that ledgehogs you and you have to prevent them from grabbing you.

Top Bottom