• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A thread ASK QUESTIONS HERE.

Yikarur

Smash Master
I need a secondary character against Wario because Wario is a weird match-up with all characters I play so
Is Lucario a relative good choice against Wario? How to play against Wario? Is there anything we can abuse? o:

Luxor

Smash Champion
Honestly, just go Captain Dalcon against Wario. It's 45:55 or something close, and you get extra manliness points for it. Air grab release--> Knee TOO GOOD

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I need a secondary character against Wario because Wario is a weird match-up with all characters I play so
Is Lucario a relative good choice against Wario? How to play against Wario? Is there anything we can abuse? o:
Lucario doesn't do that good, it's generally in Wario's favor. Also, if the Wario is intent on timing out the Lucario, expect those 8 minute matches...

A better character to CP Wario would be D3 or Marth.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Can someone get me landing lag frames on our dair?

I'm trying to steal ideas from other characters again.

If the stage is flat and you did not burn your float, float land to the stage. Then Jab or float off to a Nair then Jab. if you float lan correctly you get a few frames of invisibility. The formula goes like this:

Invincibility Frames - 46
Minimum Time on Ledge: 25
Ledge Grab Lag Frames - 24
Ledge Drop Frame - 26

Which leads to this:

- jump -> float gives a maximum of 10 frames invulnerability. If you decide to jump -> float -> land you'll have a max of 7 frames invincibility.

Now to aply this with attacks with float land:

7-3= 4 frames of invisibility from a Nair floating on stage. Then you are free to cover your self with a Jab which is 2 frames. Which can leave you with one frame of being 2- 1 frame of being tounched.

7- 17= 11 frames your opponent has to punish you out of a float on stage to Fair. Now this sucks. But what you can do is Float on stage and then whith the7 frames of Invis, let snake uptilt you. You cant be hurt then time that fair. or you can even go in with A fair from stage, he can't stuch you ether way and he takes a hit. That 11 frame he has is if you are too slow to react and abuse frames. So be on point.

7-12= 5 frames he has to hit you from a on stage float to Dair. But just do the sam,e method as i said above.

replace float with ledgedrop jump immediate dair.

idk the dair landing lag though so I can't do the math here w/ luc.

because our frame data sucks I'd be surprised if we could even get a safe jab out of it.

maybe a roll though? idk I feel its worth looking into

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Random fact: Ganondorf CANNOT beat DK on Luigi's Mansion. DK can camp all day with his ground slap.

Anyways, what are MTI and Airwalking?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Lucario's pretty **** on Luigi's Mansion, and now I have an excuse to try testing out something specific to this stage that might be pretty **** since it's part of a more agreeable ruleset.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
do the individual hits of lucarios' charging aura sphere heal ness and lucas?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If they did..holy crap, it would be ********. G&W would also be MORE ******** too...

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Random fact: Ganondorf CANNOT beat DK on Luigi's Mansion. DK can camp all day with his ground slap.

Anyways, what are MTI and Airwalking?
MTI = the user MythTrainerInfinity

Airwalking = rising dair out of histun/shieldstun. It also is the term for specials that ignore the leaning animation and continue their animation, and slide off the ledge seamlessly.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
My best guess is uair, I can maybe see it since we've got a pretty high jump/decent reaching aerials. If supposedly bowser uair is guaranteed, I don't see why Lucario doesn't have this either. lol forgot

It's fun grab pummeling Jigglypuff, she bounces :D

culexus・wau

Idk

Random gay stuff

If falco holds jab he flanks with double team :/.

This means you don't get free hits off doubleteaming jab meeeeh

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
What is a good way to deal with Kirby's bair?
I am afraid to help, because I'm not exactly the best.

But I put up with this a lot.
Don't try to punish it every time, or most of the time for that matter, don't shield it too much. Don't be afraid to roll, but don't roll too much either. Bair can get a few hits. Moving weird can mess with spacing, and you can dash attack mispaced bairs.

HyperEnergy

Smash Journeyman
Try walking right out of range and using an utilt.

Otherwise the best way to deal with Kirby bair is not dealing with it; just run away and create a better situation for yourself. Dealing with Kirby's bair (and some others, like Dedede's) is just no fun.

culexus・wau

bair air to air

uair/utilt/maybe upsmash? ground to air

Aurasphere works air to air too.

fair plain gets beaten by kirby bair in air to air

imo you never should be in the air in lucario vs kirby <<

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
My best guess is uair, I can maybe see it since we've got a pretty high jump/decent reaching aerials. If supposedly bowser uair is guaranteed, I don't see why Lucario doesn't have this either.

It's fun grab pummeling Jigglypuff, she bounces :D
I'm disappointed that a smash researcher doesn't know why bowser gets a free up air off jigglypuff and lucario doesn't.

The bolded.

Bair seems a bit slow at times and the others I have trouble getting a good hit sometimes. But I'll give it a good shot and use these more.
you're best bet is to just trade hits with nair at low% and then trade with up air at high %

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I'm disappointed that a smash researcher doesn't know why bowser gets a free up air off jigglypuff and lucario doesn't.

you're best bet is to just trade hits with nair at low% and then trade with up air at high %
Yeah I totally forgot about bowser's frame advantage from grab releases :p

lol it's because I haven't heard of Bowser getting a uair in the first place (haven't really done frame data on either character, plus aside from Susa's basic air release data from awhile back I don't know of much of those). Bowser uair iirc is hella slow, even with that release advantage bowser gets, I wasn't sure if that was even possible lol.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
does double team break tornado?

at what % will an aura sphrere break tornado?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Aura sphere just needs to be charged to 10%, it's capable of breaking it even if you're at 0%, it just depends on how much it's charged.

DT I forget the percent, but it'll either cancel tornado or at later percents completely outprioritize it.

culexus・wau

canceling nado means it'll clank and you both are in neutral

sometimes the Double Team will just pass through Nado for some reason LOL.

remember you can choose which side of nado you can end up on by holding which direction you wanna appear from.

IE holding Left means you'll end up on the right side of nado

and vice versa

humble

Smash Ace
What frame does the hitbox on aura sphere charge comeout? What's the hitstun for aura sphere charge? What's the frame length of extreme speed? What's the difference from air landing, grounded, and hitting the stage?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
That's pending :(

Frame length, like total frames to complete ES? I didn't bother looking it up b/c it shortens when it collides with a ledge or a wall, but I guess that's a doable thing to look up. Startup on ES btw is 16 frames.

On the other hand, I really should make new stuff on bounced landing, "grounded sliding" landing, and a falling landing, that could be useful to an extent.

aka basically since OSA/PSA sucks with articles, frame advance which I'm too busy to do for now is the best determiner for this stuff.

I would normally say that AS charge's hitstun is not as good as it seems and isn't too practical outside of mindgames but I know personally that you're one of the people who helped design some characters for Project: M so I know you're specifically interested in frame data, of which mine is lacking :p

that and smash lab hasn't gotten around to specials yet, we're currently working on ledge data (ledge rolls and the like).

Top Bottom