• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A thread ASK QUESTIONS HERE.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
There used to be one, but then people realized, no one really cares, because...no one cares, lol.

Knikkey

Smash Rookie
How do you do the momentum shift with AS? I can B-reverse, but it doesn't shift my momentum, it just stops it.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
press B first, then immediately backwards.

It's hard with AS because you have to let go of the analog stick, which means if you don't do it fast enough, you'll lose some momentum.

Shinja

Smash Apprentice
Right, I have a quick question. I tried checking the matchup thread but Im still not sure which would be best...

Im going to have to go up against a DK soon and I was wondering which stage would be best to counterpick on him. Im not too awesome against smash happy DKs and I know thats what I'll be up against so stage is something Im hoping to rely on.

So long blabble short; whats the best stage for a Lucario to go against DK?

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
You want an open stage that DK can't run from your Aura Spheres. Camping him works very well as he hates spammable projectiles. The lack of platforms also allow you to break past DK's range with Fair easier and once you get in with Fair (DK has a "blind" spot 45 degrees in front of him) you can pretty much FF a Nair and then follow up with a F-Tilt or something else. DK wont be able to put on his zoning game on you as well with a stage like FD because you'll have an easier time putting him on the defensive and this is an extremely momentum based match.

Demp

Smash Journeyman
How do you guys deal with camping Falcos? I just lost to a camping Falco in tournament for the 4th ****ing time. Each time it's a different one. =\

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
When you're at USmash killable % stay grounded whenever he decides to short hop pew pew.

Don't be too obvious with your DAirs or you'll get spiked or BAired.

Learn to stop his Phantasm too.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Learn where you can hit him out of it and hit him with *insert Aura move here* USmash, FSmash, Utilt, etc.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
usually if a falco phantasms, i'd always go for an Ftilt, the second hitbox of aura stops him, and follow up with a grab.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
How do I get into the Lucario Backroom?
From what iRJi said...

Rules

In order for a person to be accepted to the LBR, they must meet two out of three requirements:

1) You have to be a significant player who excels with Lucario in tournament play.

2) You must be active on the boards to a decent degree. A few posts a day, as well as showing that you are knowledgeable within those posts about the game, and the character.

3) Must be good at theory crafting, or has/is helping lucarios metagame to be pushed forward.

**When a person is being discussed to be accepted into the LBR, the vote for this person needs to be unanimous across the players within the LBR. If you disagree with a person, please state your reasons, as your reasons need to be vaild.

*Being inactive from SWF for 4 months will have you booted from the LBR.
*If you are disrespectful to others, this will also cause you to be dismissed.
*Try to keep trolling to a minimum, and there will be no spam tolerated.

Demp

Smash Journeyman
When you're at USmash killable % stay grounded whenever he decides to short hop pew pew.

Don't be too obvious with your DAirs or you'll get spiked or BAired.

Learn to stop his Phantasm too.
AFAIK You can't stop the first half of his Phagtasm. I do know Lucario has a TON of ways to deal with the second half because our lingering hitboxes, but oh well. One thing I did find is if I predict his Phagtasm I do a reverse CAS. He goes through me, but the AS gains enough distance for him to be able to be hit.

D Who?

Smash Journeyman
Well In the past month or so, I have had 3 big tournys in Sfl and Cfl placing 3, 5th and 5th. I've taken out the best olimar player in florida. I can send links. I also have opinions about his metagame and matchups.
Most of Florida who plays me all agree that I'm the best Lucario in florida

D Who?

Smash Journeyman
Well In the past month or so, I have had 3 big tournys in Sfl and Cfl placing 3, 5th and 5th. I've taken out the best olimar player in florida. I can send links. I also have opinions about his metagame and matchups.
Most of Florida who plays me all agree that I'm the best Lucario in florida

If needed I can post links to results page.
Holy Smash
Brawlin' By The Beach
Mink's Birthday Invintational

D Who?

Smash Journeyman
How do you guys deal with camping Falcos? I just lost to a camping Falco in tournament for the 4th ****ing time. Each time it's a different one. =\
Camping Falcos are trouble for Lucario.. And It is my belief that Falco has the upper hand when it comes to playing like this.. Watch out for his double lazer cancel and make sure you're out of range of his reflecter. Patience is key. Remember, Falco has very little kill moves. Watch out for Bair, Fsmash and Dair at high percents, but get Falco off the ledge and work him from there. Up smash his Side-B if he tries to make in on the stage with that, Shoot AS and cliff hog. It takes practice but it should be trivial after a while. Oh and you need perfect spacing.

I play with a Falco.
FGCU Viper.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Dude...edit button.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
As long as you don't contribute anything, you have a pretty good shot.
which is why you arent in there.

you help too much.

now a question of my own. say, there's this MK so addicted to planking he does it with only a very small lead and quite early into the match. how would i get him off on a stage like BF or SV?

Wait him out. if time starts getting low like 1 and a half minute, Dair or Dtilt him onstage

Planking MK's are hard to play, you just generally have to outsmart them or hope some kind of LGL rule is in effect

D Who?

Smash Journeyman
From what iRJi said...

Rules

In order for a person to be accepted to the LBR, they must meet two out of three requirements:

1) You have to be a significant player who excels with Lucario in tournament play.

2) You must be active on the boards to a decent degree. A few posts a day, as well as showing that you are knowledgeable within those posts about the game, and the character.

3) Must be good at theory crafting, or has/is helping lucarios metagame to be pushed forward.

**When a person is being discussed to be accepted into the LBR, the vote for this person needs to be unanimous across the players within the LBR. If you disagree with a person, please state your reasons, as your reasons need to be vaild.

*Being inactive from SWF for 4 months will have you booted from the LBR.
*If you are disrespectful to others, this will also cause you to be dismissed.
*Try to keep trolling to a minimum, and there will be no spam tolerated.

Well I'm the best Lucario in Florida. I think that should be enough said.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
F0nz is probably the best lucario in his state, but doesn't necessarily put him in the LBR (and he's a good lucario as well)...

Gotta build up a "portfolio", for a lack of a better word I guess. Contribute with videos/results/knowledge/contributions, and if it sounds good, I'm very sure admission will happen in no time.

Top Bottom