• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A thread ASK QUESTIONS HERE.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It really doesn't matter if you're the best Lucario in your individual state. Heck, you could move to Alaska and be the best there, but...it's Alaska.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Besides, you really don't want to be in the LBR.

The LBR is really just an extension to the SWF Furry social group.

D Who?

Smash Journeyman
From what iRJi said...

Rules

In order for a person to be accepted to the LBR, they must meet two out of three requirements:

1) You have to be a significant player who excels with Lucario in tournament play.

2) You must be active on the boards to a decent degree. A few posts a day, as well as showing that you are knowledgeable within those posts about the game, and the character.

3) Must be good at theory crafting, or has/is helping lucarios metagame to be pushed forward.

**When a person is being discussed to be accepted into the LBR, the vote for this person needs to be unanimous across the players within the LBR. If you disagree with a person, please state your reasons, as your reasons need to be vaild.

*Being inactive from SWF for 4 months will have you booted from the LBR.
*If you are disrespectful to others, this will also cause you to be dismissed.
*Try to keep trolling to a minimum, and there will be no spam tolerated.
Camping Falcos are trouble for Lucario.. And It is my belief that Falco has the upper hand when it comes to playing like this.. Watch out for his double lazer cancel and make sure you're out of range of his reflecter. Patience is key. Remember, Falco has very little kill moves. Watch out for Bair, Fsmash and Dair at high percents, but get Falco off the ledge and work him from there. Up smash his Side-B if he tries to make in on the stage with that, Shoot AS and cliff hog. It takes practice but it should be trivial after a while. Oh and you need perfect spacing.

I play with a Falco.
FGCU Viper.
Two posts about Lucario Snake MU
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=227227&page=2

Links to tournments I've been in.

Mink's Birthday Tournment 5/23-24/10
1)Viper (75$) -- Falco
2) MGLDN (37.50$) -- Snake/Cap'n Falcon
3) D who (12.50$) -- Lucario
4) Mech -- Snake
5) RKO -- Zero Suit
of 25

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=275497

Brawlin' By The Beach 6/12/10
1: Poltergust ($117.00)-Yoshi
2: Jason E. ($58.50)-Olimar
3: Afro ($19.50)-Snake
4: Xaltias-Falco
5: D Who?-Lucario
5: Adam E.-Snake
of 40

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=277560

Holy Smash 6/19/10
1: Gallax-Snake ($split 57.75)
2: Raz-Pika,MK ($split 57.75)
3: radix-Snake, Diddy Kong ($24.75)
4: GDX-DiddyKong ($16.50)
5: Kyon- Peach
5: D Who?-Lucario
of 34
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=278283

My rank on Smash World Forms is
353 with a total of 156.83 points.

Also, in addition to these tournments and posts, I am a Lucario main from Florida and I can bring in the ideas and meta game that Florida has into the BackRoom.
Thank you.

D Who?

Smash Journeyman
I'm new to the boards. And the social shouldn't matter if you look up who I played, beat and lost to, you'll see that I am one of the better Lucarios. Plus, you don't judge a Lucario by the other lucarios, you judge him or her by the people they have played in tournments, where the tournment was, who showed and the place you took. I have more tournys, They're just unranked.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I would assume that in order to get in...you need to show that you know what you're talking about. You can do that by posting more and hanging around the boards more instead of demanding to be accepted without any reason. A couple of posts on particular subject isn't as impressive as say multiple posts on a variety of subjects including metagame discussion, character matchup discussion, new techniques discoveries, etc...showing that you truly understand the character and can contribute. Just keep working at it, and you'll get in. Remember, it says an unanimous vote. So if you don't get in, then...oh well.

Also, don't use the rankings list as proof...it's extremely flawed and means very little. Heck, I'm higher than you...guess that means I should be in it too? <_<
It obviously means nothing...not that I've ever tried getting in, lol.

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
Terminology question, and I feel stupid asking since it seems like something everyone above scrub level knows, but... What is buffering? .////.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
The game lets you input commands before you're actually able to do them, IE you're in the middle of doing something else. If you input commands this way, the action you inputted will happen on the first possible frame.

The buffer window is 10 frames, so you have the final 10 frames of whatever you're doing in order to buffer something. Any earlier and it won't remember it.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
IASA frames stand for

INTERUPTABLE AS SOON AS frames.

basically.

you're able to cancel the move's animation on the 1st IASA frame.

if you don't the full animation happens.

think of it as the ending animation of a move that you are able to cancel into other actions.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
One of the more notable examples of IASA would be Marth's dtilt. Let dtilt complete it's full animation, then try canceling it...you'll notice a difference.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
can some1 explain to me wat IASA frames are cause i'm still confused on wat the term is.
Use Ganondorf's usmash and let the animation finish.

Now use it again and keep mashing the C-stick upwards. Notice how he seems to usmash again even before he puts his leg down? The point where he can act before his animation seems to finish is known as the IASA point.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Hey does anyone have a good, sprawling picture of lucario from a sideways perspective? Something like this would be awesome:

obviously it doesn't need the colored areas lol

Uffe

Smash Hero

like this?
I lol'd. XD Okay, I have a reason for being in here. It's been awhile since I've fought a good Lucario, and recently I've fought a pretty **** good one. I'm assuming that Pokemon Stadium 1 is a good stage for Lucario, but that's besides the point. As a Ness main, how do I deal with Lucario's aerial attacks? Specifically his fair and dair.

culexus・wau

Hi Uffe.

I spam aerials online.

Your fair is bigger then mine.

your retreating fair is a ****** and hard to punish w/out AS [using it baits out my AS to get magnet'd :(]

I'm vulnerable to grabs at times.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Stages with large ceilings are generally good.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
is there any useful grab releases on wario at all, or better off using a throw?
Considering we have approximately 21 frames to do something, I'm guessing that Usmash, Dsmash, Fsmash (maybe), and Aura Sphere might work out of grab release on Lylat or on a ledge. Never tested them though. :V

If I remember right though, I don't recall if dsmash or Fsmash reach high enough to hit Wario, so maybe only Usmash and Aura Sphere...

culexus・wau

upsmash, uair, dair, and aurasphere works.

dsmash is added to the list if you know they'll airdodge

culexus・wau

so we basically have a [reactionable I know but w.e.]

50/50 mix-up on where they have to DI?

sweet.

Top Bottom