• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Msingh0

Smash Apprentice
this just in xfactor makes it into P:M.

press L+R+A+START after pausing to automatically make your opponent lose.
REALLY?! THATS BROK-- wait a minute! X factor doesn't use the start button! silly you, you had me going there for a while!

Yes, I realize that it ends the game, no contest style. I am not that dumb.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
So what's being done with Pikachu? His Brawl moves were pretty good so I figure not terribly much?
Melee Uair for its better gimpability and I think N64 Bair is still in. May be a few other things and I do believe Melee physics were ported over. From what I've read about Melee Pika mains, he's similar to Fox and really only had a few setbacks that prevented him from becoming just as good.

Ecks

Smash Lord
IIRC, I was told that giving Kirby offense-up was impossible (This was a few months ago) and that the most they could do was to change b neutral after using O-up.

Pyrax

Smash Cadet
IIRC, I was told that giving Kirby offense-up was impossible (This was a few months ago) and that the most they could do was to change b neutral after using O-up.
So even doing things like 1 grenade for Kirby when he sucks up Snake would impossible too?

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Are there any P:M tournaments near the east coast?(I live in R.I)

I'd love to try out my Link at a tournament.

Ecks

Smash Lord
So even doing things like 1 grenade for Kirby when he sucks up Snake would impossible too?
No, I think that is possible. The problem with O-up is that it changes Lucas's smash attacks. And for some reason giving Kirby this ability isn't (or wasn't) possible at the time.

Remember I was told this like 3 or 4 months ago. This may very well be possible now.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I put it on the chat, maybe that will help?

Oh and Neko and Frozen Hobo, if you don't want to install a bunch of crap on your computer, I found out we can just use the Co-host feature on Ustream. So Neko could use his stream as a co-host and Frozen could get a dummy one, or even use one of mine. I got two. It works and keeps volume fairly clear.

I'll explain in the chat, but it works really good. No need to even use Skype and less of a chance to crash.

For users, I will be asking them about characters AND stages, so it might be a Project M-only show. The show will be less than an hour, meaning it can end earlier. it will all depend on what they have to say. It will likely be The Friday after this Friday.

I will also respect the PMBR's non-disclosure policy on barely worked on characters, so don't expect anything on Olimar for example. Thank you Shanus and Strong bad as well. I heard they consulted you on those matters.

For viewers, We will look at unreleased characters and stages especially in detail. I especially want them to tell us how the character feels, what is so special about it. What the changes do to the character's metagame. Also, I want their oppinion on the stages, their features, what sets them appart from the default vBrawl stages.

I look forward to it :).

Ecks

Smash Lord
Is PM still in alpha stages? I think it should be beta now that it has improved so much.

:phone:

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Why does it seem like there are so few posts compared to a while back? :p

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
It is still in alpha stages, as evidenced by.... a lot of things.

Hope all goes well with recovering the info about ledge occupancy.

leelue

Smash Lord
@ monk
I was going to mention that in the hype for fireball stars. The ganon didn't look like he knew what to do in the matchup, which made fbs look better. Not saying he wasn't good, but it helped that the ganon died a lot.

edit
do I have the most posts on smashmods not counting developers? It seems probable.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Well when I think "alpha", I think early stage. Plus changing the status to beta when the patch comes out will keep people from complaining about "Y U No release beta??? D:".

And I thought Dant was joking about the ledge occupancy thing. lol

Ecks

Smash Lord
That's what she said... Couldn't help it lol

Gotta love watching Samus M with dat new landing detection. :D

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Missile canceling is possibly the only thing I care about when it comes to Samus.

So, has much more work gone into Roy? Or is he still the same from the last time he made an appearance on a stream?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
this just in.

i'll be playing more ZSS on stream this friday at another Smash fest with Sova!

character's ill be playing more off.

ZSS
Lucario
Ness
v3ctorman

hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom