• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPDP

Smash Ace
Kind of case by case basis there. If something seems feasible, I would likely wait. However, if it seems hopeless, wouldn't make sense then. Sorry the answer isn't really an answer, but it's impossible to say really.
That's quite alright. I'm just happy to get an answer. At least now I know more or less how you're approaching the patch release. Thank you for your time, as usual.

necko kat

Smash Cadet
Zippty do dah, zippty-ay, I’m gonna blow all you dirtbags away. Plenty of bullets I’m gonna spray, Zippty do dah, zippty-ay

Wait, who will play poker face with me on Saturdays?

Ulevo

Smash Master
It's depressing knowing that Sakurai made Brawl bad so now we have to wait for Project M. I check this thread daily for updates because I'm anticipating the release, but that itself loses its hype each day you have to wait.

Know you guys are doing what you can. Situation justs sucks.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Hmm... you're probably jaded from the 2007 hype, like everyone is.

I got to be psuedo anti-hype after the 2007 hype, the result, and E3 2008.

The effect is me getting the HBC the night after the press conference.

Pyrax

Smash Cadet
It's depressing knowing that Sakurai made Brawl bad so now we have to wait for Project M. I check this thread daily for updates because I'm anticipating the release, but that itself loses its hype each day you have to wait.

Know you guys are doing what you can. Situation justs sucks.
I'm not even worried about the patch anymore i just want a new character to play with. If I had my xbl and cod4 again I probably wouldn't even play until the full release.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
If I had a laptop to work on Brawl 64 I wouldn't play until full release either. I really can't wait to see how TL turns out.

Question: Is Ganondorf's Flame Choke only untechable in Brawl because of the bugged tech window, or is it actually programmed as untechable?

Ulevo

Smash Master
If I had a laptop to work on Brawl 64 I wouldn't play until full release either. I really can't wait to see how TL turns out.

Question: Is Ganondorf's Flame Choke only untechable in Brawl because of the bugged tech window, or is it actually programmed as untechable?
Yo, Supreme. Totally unrelated note, but you're a member of Smogon aren't you. Are you attempting to ladder right now for voting rights?

Revven

FrankerZ
Pretty sure it was intended to be untechable in vBrawl, not a bug or anything. Much like footstools are also untechable in vBrawl (which is very, very dumb btw).

NeoZ

Smash Ace
MvC = Smash64
MvC2 = Melee
MvC3 = Brawl

Hmm, no a good idea...
MvC2 was a rushed job, they didn't even try to make a good game, and they admit it.
And remember before MvC there were other Vs. games(CotA, XvsSF, MSH) so it kinda screws the analogy.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I want the check a few things first, like make Skype work with Ustream (It's possible, just need to test it out), but GHNeko and FroznHobo should be in the next episode of backlash gaming. I'll post about it later, and it's still in a while.

With Neko's presence, I will change my show's rating to 18+.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Hey guys, I want the check a few things first, like make Skype work with Ustream (It's possible, just need to test it out), but GHNeko and FroznHobo should be in the next episode of backlash gaming. I'll post about it later, and it's still in a while.

Is FrozenHobo going to be trollin' the stream with audio gifs?

NeoZ

Smash Ace

Did you record the previous episode? I couldn't watch it.
And take care of that arm, having broken bones sucks.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
MvC2 was a rushed job, they didn't even try to make a good game, and they admit it.
And remember before MvC there were other Vs. games(CotA, XvsSF, MSH) so it kinda screws the analogy.
MvC2 was ssoooooo good though. Easily the best from a competitive perspective.

I love all Marvel games execpt for MSHvSF and MvC3. XF ruins that game for me. I still play it though.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I thought the whole rushed part of MvC2 was that a huge majority of the roster was absolutely terrible. What was viable though was supposedly loads of fun to play with. I wouldn't know though, I never played MvC2 or any of the Capcom vs. titles.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
MvC2 was ssoooooo good though. Easily the best from a competitive perspective.

I love all Marvel games execpt for MSHvSF and MvC3. XF ruins that game for me. I still play it though.
I like MvC better than MvC2, too much assist spam and broken chars dominate the competitive scene in that game.
I've only played MvC3 once, and it wasn't as fun as I expected, but after only playing it once I can't really judge the game.

I thought the whole rushed part of MvC2 was that a huge majority of the roster was absolutely terrible. What was viable though was supposedly loads of fun to play with. I wouldn't know though, I never played MvC2 or any of the Capcom vs. titles.
They just threw in characters from previous Vs. games, a few more, and called it a day.
IIRC they were trying to use the Marvel license one last time before it expired.
And because it expired they couldn't even think of making MvC3 for a long time.

GuruKid

Smash Ace

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
MvC is just as bad. Believe me I used to think the same thing before I actually went on GGPO and tried to get competitive with it. Strider dominates everyone esp with Wolvie. And if you can get past them you still have to deal with Double War Machine, which is borrderline ********. GERONIMO WAR DESTOYER X6

And Sentinel and Magneto are more fun to play than any character in that game. No bull****. FastFly unfly comboes are so fun.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
From what I've read in reviews on MvC3, the X factor almost ruins the game because it allows you to turn around a match with very little skill involved and pretty much rewards you for losing.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
You can catch someone with there assist in a 3 hit combo with a hyper and you're almost bound to lose.

I hate it soooooo much. I don't even like using it. I just hope I win every match with just rom and DHC glitch into Wesker over and over so I don't have to use it.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Is the patch going to be like a "finished" version of the game (mechnically) but with only 14 characters?

I didn't think that this was the case when it was first announced, but with large obstacles like LD already being finished before the patch was released, I'm wondering whether most of the engine is pretty solid now, or there's still behind-the-scenes work to get done.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
MvC is just as bad. Believe me I used to think the same thing before I actually went on GGPO and tried to get competitive with it. Strider dominates everyone esp with Wolvie. And if you can get past them you still have to deal with Double War Machine, which is borrderline ********. GERONIMO WAR DESTOYER X6

And Sentinel and Magneto are more fun to play than any character in that game. No bull****. FastFly unfly comboes are so fun.
I never really tried MvC competively, I was too young and there was no arcade scene around(that I knew of), but I guess I felt disappointed that in MvC2, a game with 56 characters, you pretty much had to choose out of a pool of less than 10 to be competitive, even low tier teams usually have a top tier in them just to be viable.

And for the top tier, I guess I don't enjoy flying around stomping on people with a giant robot or spamming anti air assists(Captain Corridor mainly) or AHVB'ing people with Cable.
Running away with Storm to build meter or infiniting people with Magneto wasn't my thing either.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You guys done discussing not-Project M yet or am I going to have to report this ****?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom