• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
The only bad thing about it currently is besides the slow down on it when turning but besides that the other downfall is if it gets reflected by someone hence theres quite a few snake remains in that position a little too long. You can already cancel the Nikta by using the shield button but that also makes it fall.

overall I say just speed up the move and get rid of that end lag if it gets reflected if possible.

necko kat

Smash Cadet
lol jump canceling nikitas would be ridiculous, missles would be spamed worse than samus'
You failed to notice the "when they explode part." If they miss, free punish cause of endlag. Also, they aren't that hard to perfect sheild....

Edit:
if it gets reflected by someone hence theres quite a few snake remains in that position a little too long. You can already cancel the Nikta by using the shield button but that also makes it fall..
You're doing it wrong if it gets reflected

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
It should just explode on contact instead of being able to get swatted away.
Also, it needs to be faster.

I think Mortar is better than Nikita anyway.

shanus

Smash Hero
haha, I was jokingly suggesting you can do his Box Taunt directly out of Nikita - The Nikita Box Cancel

Vigilante

Smash Lord
NIkita box cancel? XD.

Just saying, smash-related ATs IRL saved me from severe head trauma. Who said video games couldn't be useful?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Samus currently has all melee hitboxes ported but B+ fair and usmash stats so that they link better. Missile and bomb hitboxes are not ported(yet).

If you've seen the streams; bomb jumping, double jump(if you interrupt the DJ with an aerial, it goes the full correct height), up tilt animation doesn't match hitboxes, and other miniscule animation edits are still things that need to be fixed.

Oh, and for those wondering, yes, samus can SWD just like in melee. Same frame window as well.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Correction, all hitboxes except for bomb and missiles match melee exactly. The double jump and bombs are currently messed up because of the landing detection code. Brawl uses a lot of different methods to check for landing and such in many different places.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
So, the double jump thing is too much of a buff? Or just plain annoying?
The way the double jump currently works is:
If you normal double jump, you go about 1/5 the actual melee double jump height.
If you do a double jump and then immediately do an aerial, you will go the actual melee double jump height.

This will be fixed eventually.

necko kat

Smash Cadet
Correction, all hitboxes except for bomb and missiles match melee exactly. The double jump and bombs are currently messed up because of the landing detection code. Brawl uses a lot of different methods to check for landing and such in many different places.
I love siblings!

The way the double jump currently works is:
If you normal double jump, you go about 1/5 the actual melee double jump height.
If you do a double jump and then immediately do an aerial, you will go the actual melee double jump height.

This will be fixed eventually.
Ok, makes sense. Zair tooo good!

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Does the air jump multiplier influence that???

Peach's Sakurajima daikons has an odd variable that I haven't seen before.

It's La-bit[12].

There are also some unknown commands.

Ulevo

Smash Master
If you guys ever want to filter out any redundant discussion, just put up a note that says that for every correction a PMBR member needs to make to a general poster, the Project M release will be held back a day. :awesome:

necko kat

Smash Cadet
Does Snake's box taunt go through attacks yet? And can I have a .gif of Fux SHDL?

If you guys ever want to filter out any redundant discussion, just put up a note that says that for every correction a PMBR member needs to make to a general poster, the Project M release will be held back a day. :awesome:
Won't that mean the Wii2 will have a new Smash game before us?:awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

GPDP

Smash Ace
Ok, let's say you guys go through all the blogposts you plan to make (and then some, adding a few and adjusting for inevitable discoveries in between). Now, let's say you run out of discoveries to cover, and then some time passes without anything significant coming up. Would you consider releasing the patch then? How long would you be willing to wait between the last "covered" discovery and release?

shanus

Smash Hero
Ok, let's say you guys go through all the blogposts you plan to make (and then some, adding a few and adjusting for inevitable discoveries in between). Now, let's say you run out of discoveries to cover, and then some time passes without anything significant coming up. Would you consider releasing the patch then? How long would you be willing to wait between the last "covered" discovery and release?
Hard to say. I'll go with the expected line "we'll release it when its done."

GPDP

Smash Ace
Hard to say. I'll go with the expected line "we'll release it when its done."
Saying "when it's done" implies you have certain goals in mind for the patch, though. It says to me there's an established minimum standard for what the patch must contain before it is considered ready for release. Obviously, if that is the case, no one outside the PMBR knows what that standard is, what discoveries you're waiting on, or what "discovered" mechanics need tuning up before they are considered ready.

Unless, of course, none of that is the case, which would then mean the patch release depends on one day looking at your progress and arbitrarily saying "mmmmmmk I think we're good for now."

Not trying to pressure you guys or anything. I just want to know more or less the mindset of the PMBR on what "done" means.

shanus

Smash Hero
Saying "when it's done" implies you have certain goals in mind for the patch, though. It says to me there's an established minimum standard for what the patch must contain before it is considered ready for release. Obviously, if that is the case, no one outside the PMBR knows what that standard is, what discoveries you're waiting on, or what "discovered" mechanics need tuning up before they are considered ready.

Unless, of course, none of that is the case, which would then mean the patch release depends on one day looking at your progress and arbitrarily saying "mmmmmmk I think we're good for now."

Not trying to pressure you guys or anything. I just want to know more or less the mindset of the PMBR on what "done" means.
We have goals in mind, yes. However, these goals do not come at the tradeoff of time. For example, landing detection has a bunch of subtle bugs in gameplay, like certain moves will land two times over. Things like this obviously need to be fixed.

We aren't going to rush this, we have made a lot of progress, but also have a lot of tidying up to do. In an ideal world we would have the engine entirely done. How feasible that is though, is a different story.

GPDP

Smash Ace
We have goals in mind, yes. However, these goals do not come at the tradeoff of time. For example, landing detection has a bunch of subtle bugs in gameplay, like certain moves will land two times over. Things like this obviously need to be fixed.

We aren't going to rush this, we have made a lot of progress, but also have a lot of tidying up to do. In an ideal world we would have the engine entirely done. How feasible that is though, is a different story.
As you should. Like I said, I am in no way trying to rush you.

What I was trying to get across was, once all the currently-implemented mechanics are tuned up and bug-free, all the discoveries made are then revealed through blogposts, and no new discoveries are made in the mean time, would you be willing to release then, or wait a little more time in case something desirable, such as tethers (that is, of course, assuming you haven't already fixed them and haven't told us yet), comes up?

shanus

Smash Hero
As you should. Like I said, I am in no way trying to rush you.

What I was trying to get across was, once all the currently-implemented mechanics are tuned up and bug-free, all the discoveries made are then revealed through blogposts, and no new discoveries are made in the mean time, would you be willing to release then, or wait a little more time in case something desirable, such as tethers (that is, of course, assuming you haven't already fixed them and haven't told us yet), comes up?
Kind of case by case basis there. If something seems feasible, I would likely wait. However, if it seems hopeless, wouldn't make sense then. Sorry the answer isn't really an answer, but it's impossible to say really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom