• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revven

FrankerZ
We've said it before, it messes with many animations that involve landing at any point during the move as well as moves that rely heavily on the Top N bone which is why some recoveries and moves may not function as they should in the air or on the ground.

And in some cases, the issues may not even be animation related like Samus' Down B and her jumps (which both have had animation fixes done to them and they are still not working properly).

jalued

Smash Lord
We've said it before, it messes with many animations that involve landing at any point during the move as well as moves that rely heavily on the Top N bone which is why some recoveries and moves may not function as they should in the air or on the ground.

And in some cases, the issues may not even be animation related like Samus' Down B and her jumps (which both have had animation fixes done to them and they are still not working properly).
in regards to fixing animations etc and the release of the patch:

are the demo characters priority for any LD work, or are all character animations being fixed before the patch is released?

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Or train your friends. Spread P:M propaganda. Anyone who streetpasses me get Project M publicity, XD. We should all put "Play Project M" as our streetpass message.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
I heard that Ness wouldn't be getting his Yo-yo glitch back in the final build, so I made a post on Smashmods but I want to see what I community over here thinks about it.

For those of you who don't know what it is, the thread about it in the Ness boards is here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=48717

Jackpot' pid='40164' dateline='1303517159 said:
No yo-yo glitch? That's like Luigi without the long wavedashes, Samus without SWD, Fox without the shine, it's ridiculous! Sure, they don't need it to be "good/viable", but it's not Melee Ness. What happened to all that practice that went into it? It's not just some glitchy easter egg, it's a legit move!

See here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH-PiKPRzOA&feature=player_detailpage#t=154s

And here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH-PiKPRzOA&feature=player_detailpage#t=188s

And finally here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH-PiKPRzOA&feature=player_detailpage#t=208s

These are three examples of YYG very tactically pulled off (in the same match).It's not very situational, but also not very overpowered, yet VERY difficult to do, so I don't see any problem with it. So much effort went into restoring the high tiers, yet this one move isn't getting any love? I do understand there are programming issues, but it's already been partially done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kGUhg65Kvk&feature=channel_video_title

I've watched the streams of Ness and I'm actually satisfied with pretty much everything else, but given that PM Ness is based off of S64 Ness, Project Melee Ness would be nothing like Melee without it.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
But that wasn't the point, the point was that we needed to preserve at least a little bit of Melee Ness. With sufficient buffs, Falco would be fine without a shine too.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
There's a 99.99% chance it's not coming back. Why do you want this? It's not essential to Ness's character, it's stupidly glitchy, and it lets you basically throw a hitbox across the stage if you happen to get lucky with your Usmash spacing.

Not to mention how absurdly difficult it would be to get the glitch to work. No, Dantarion's video you linked isn't going to make it any easier.

Our efforts on Ness are much better spent elsewhere. And they have been spent elsewhere already.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I doubt they'll use the stage expansion code for the demo update, although I would love it. But rest assured, New Pork City will be in the final build, so will all Brawl Stages.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
But that wasn't the point, the point was that we needed to preserve at least a little bit of Melee Ness. With sufficient buffs, Falco would be fine without a shine too.
Alot of melee ness will be preserved through other methods, i.e. if they ported over his throws, any dthrow combo or uthrow combo will be in tact. Also ness still has his fair, so that right there is pretty much melee ness' main offence/approach and zoning tool.

have you watched the streams much? cause ness looks really good now with the added range on his grabs, tilts and aerials, 64 u/dsmashes, and faster pk-fiay/pk flash/pkt, and don't forget that dair lol.

Also the stage expansion code is the greatest thing of all time, stages help make a fighting game great IMO

jalued

Smash Lord
have any significant changes been applied to diddy? I tried out brawl- for some lols yesterday (don't shoot me down just yet :p ), and diddy's side B is very interesting. After facegrabbing the opponent, he hits them upwards meaning that the move can be comboed from.

Just thought it would work nicely in a melee setting

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
What stage would fourside go over?

Also, iirc, I said that ness wouldn't need the YYG to be good. The way he is now is just fine IMO.

:phone:
That brings up something I'm really curious about.
Will the patch include the stage roster expansion thing? Since iirc thats what was planned to be used in the final version....

except...
I dont think its done to the extent a back roomer would want..
since you can't edit them on "random stage select"

Edit:
Also!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=8192
While its not likely to happen, I think it would be epic if that was included in the final version, or maybe just a part of it (hyrule temple style.) I thnink we all would kill hanenbow for it...

Revven

FrankerZ
That brings up something I'm really curious about.
Will the patch include the stage roster expansion thing? Since iirc thats what was planned to be used in the final version....
No, it won't be used in the patch. Would disrupt the large amount of work that was put into getting the SSS to what we wanted it to be.

The SSS won't be changing much if at all for the patch.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Zef, would you consider SSF4 or MvC3 a great fighting game if it had ONE stage that was bland and used over and over and over? Hardly, i said stages make a fighting game GREAT, they turn a good game into a great game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom